1.My luck is absolute shit. I never win a single giveaway, and my heart seriously broke when GOG said they used random.org to select the winners, since it seems like every random selection algorithim in the computer world hates me so much. I want more HEARTS to judge who to win, not random draws and random.org. I'm simply desperate for legitimate copies of things and I'm dead sick of piracy, just because there's an odd feeling that you never supported the people who made it in any way.
2. I said to my mom why I hate Amazon's wishlists, and she thinks I MEANT to spoil everything, using this gay feature that tells you "somebody may have bought this for you!" whenever you click on something that somebody bought from the link on your wishlist, and ending up spoiling your whole Christmas. She seemed like she'd never get me anything again. I heard her go into her room then back out. Either she's pulling out unwrapped things to wrap, or she's thinking of what to do with everything she wasted her money on for me, and selling it off because she now believes I meant to spoil everything out of greed or shit like that. The latter sounds the most likely in my mind.
3. Now I dread the day 15 days ahead, and I dare not say magical because the magic of it got sucked out long ago. The 25th is no longer a holiday to me, it's just another small day counting towards the end of the year, and then the end of time.
4. I'll sound like a whiny prepubescent brat who wants shit from people he doesn't even know when I say this, and maybe, just maybe, in the deepest part of my heart, I think I am, but I'm seriously desperate for some GOGs and Steam games. All of the Steam games I hate, or I'm on some level that I hate. I have nearly nothing on GOG, just a bunch of freebie crap, and I want to support the DRM-free movement in some way, even if not directly.
5. For GOG, I'd mostly want Serious Sam TFE and Unreal Tournament '99, I might already get UT99, but consider it in the case that my mom trashes the boxed copy I very likely won't get for December 25th (I dare not say Christmas anymore, I don't even believe in anything at all, except for my wise words, and I quote "I don't give a damn how the world was made or anything like that, all I care about is that I exist.") and maybe I want Earthworm Jim 1+2, one of my weird guilty pleasures.
6. For Steam, consider Fallout 3, Serious Sam BFE, TES Oblivion, Bad Company 2, Oblivion, and Sam and Max Seasons 2 and 3 (in the case that my mom trashes Sam and Max Season 1 as well, then Season 1)
7. Yeah, I may be exaggerating on the "mom won't get me anything for Christmas" thing, but I still won't stop worrying, since I have a need for new objects, like games, to enter my life as well, just like any other human being!
1. I get what you're saying but at least it;s better and more fair to most than the drop codes and watch people fight over them debacle from this morning's first contest. Here's hoping you get lucky as the next round starts around 5.00 GMT. :)
2. Explain to her nicely that you do it because it helps make sure you don't buy the same thing for yourself if someone already bought it for you, and also that no matter what she gets for you you'll be happy because she's your mum. :)
3. Don't be so sadface...yes in the grand scheme of things it's just another day, but it is more(imo) about the love you share with those around you that's important....not the day you do it on.
4. Tell you what........tell me a game you want(a 6 dollar gog) on Gog, and i'll see that Santa gets the message if I can. ;) And don't worry if you can't support Gog directly in the meantime(at least financially).....you can still support it in other ways like spreading the site's message around to friends or sharing a good word or two from time to time.
5. Believe in the message behind Christmas and have faith in your mom to do the right thing where your gifts are concerned, and at the very least chat with her about your concerns via my reply to number 2 above.
6. Those are some good choices there. Here's to hoping you get that Sam&Max Season 1. :)
If this isn't satire you are pathetic and/or mentally unstable.
Hey, this thread is about bitching about life's troubles and supporting those with such, not being mean to them. :\