It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

orcishgamer: Okay, I don't usually bitch here because I somehow feel I don't have whatever metaphysical right that allows it.

But I want to bitch anyway.

I had a birthday, again, where I paid for my own dinner, the only person there to celebrate it with me was my daughter. I had to pick out my own gift and let her order it off of Amazon for me. Last year she drew me a picture (I still have it).

But all that would be okay, because every year my parents call me in the morning and sing an embarrassing and off-tune happy birthday song to me. Most of my siblings call me, especially my brother who I like a lot and speak with frequently. I get a card from my parents and sometimes a random extended family member. So it's all okay. I don't really want any more than to know that I'm somehow important to them.

This year I got 2 texts from my sisters, no cards from any family, no calls from anyone. My fucking life insurance guy sent me a card, one of those pre-printed Happy Birthday bullshit postcards that they write off as a business expense. Wtf? No belated calls over a week later. My daughter picked up on it and tried to invite my brother over on Sunday, I was making cookies and I told her she could invite him over for pizza and cookies, but he didn't come (she got too confused on the phone to mention my birthday which was well past anyways, by then).

You know, I'm not the best person about birthdays, I'm inconsistent on sending gifts or cards, but I always, always at least call and tell everyone that I love them, even if it's far too late to get a card off.

I feel like I'm whining saying anything, but it actually made me feel far worse than I thought it would.
This is a bummer, dude. Hell, my birthday was the 7th, and if it wasn't for a chance hang out with 2 people after Taekwondo, I would have spent it alone, so I guess this shit happens. Don't worry about whining, as this thread was actually made for such things, and anything less would be considered thread derailment. :)

Anyway, I became really antisocial in 8th grade, and somewhere in that time I lost the ability to communicate with people. Living in the middle of bumfuck nowhere doesn't help things either. Then in high school this girl sort of botched things up for me, and it took about 4 years for me to finally shed myself of the negativity from this.

It sucks because shit like that makes you feel less than human, and when you fall into that pit its even harder to drag your ass back out.

I'm just starting to come out of my shell, which I feel martial arts is playing a huge role, and it feels good, but I still have a way to go before I reach "Happiness" or whatever that state of being is.

The thing I need to fully realize, and everyone else for that matter, is that we are all interesting people who are capable of doing great things. If people see hold your chin up and your chest out even when everything is going to hell, they are going to rally behind you.

I used to think people didn't really give a shit about me, but it turns out I'm actually a pretty cool guy. I've been getting stares from a lot of girls on campus, and not the "holy shit this guy might rape me" stares but actual "I want to know that guy" stares. This has never happened to me before, at least that I've noticed, and I think I can finally go out and...I don't know, actually try to live, or something along those lines. Anyway, sorry for my rant. I am still pretty awkward with expressing myself.
My uncle fell from the roof and broke his back...
OK, so my girlfriend just broke up with me. Can't say that it's unexpected as it's a long distance relationship and she made it clear that she doesn't like LDRs but it still sucks though.

Oh well, all for the best and all that jazz.
AndrewC: OK, so my girlfriend just broke up with me. Can't say that it's unexpected as it's a long distance relationship and she made it clear that she doesn't like LDRs but it still sucks though.

Oh well, all for the best and all that jazz.
Sorry dude! LDRs don't often work, in my experience. Still sucks. Attachment for you.
Attachments:
strixo: Attachment for you.
Is that guy Human or Ferengi?
strixo: Attachment for you.
Aliasalpha: Is that guy Human or Ferengi?
He's 100% awesome.

Credits go to (I think) Fuzzyfireball? It was some GOGger who first posted it here, and it was not me.

EDIT: Yup-
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/girl_trouble/post77
Post edited October 27, 2011 by strixo
1st world problems and all that but I need to get this off my chest

&$#@% the bankers/wall street sods that are screwing with the economy.
I don't claim to have much of an understanding, nor do I really want one... but when my monthly salary (in China being paid in RMB), which is pretty damn close to minimum wage back home as it is drops $200/month in less that a fortnight.... I get... annoyed... and it looks like it will only get worse if/when the US decides to implement QE4...

#$%^#$ it all to hell... at least living here is reasonably cheap... ><

(monthly salary of 10000RMB = $1660 AUD less than a fortnight ago... down to $1480 and will probably continue to plummet... I won't be able to afford to leave here... ><)

edit 2 - actually about 25% less than min wage back home... le sigh... no one said you'd get rich in the ESL industry though ><
Post edited October 27, 2011 by Bigs
Black Tuesday came earlier this week. That was the day our two sports cars and two motorcycles were put into winter storage: shoved into one corner of the garage, fed some fuel stabilizer, and covers installed. Really didn't get much riding in this summer anyway, for one reason or another. Also swapped the lawn mower for the snow thrower.

Not mentally ready for winter this year. Hopefully it won't drag on and on like the last one did.
my ipad broke a few days ago. how am i gonna memorize all the gta cheats now?
This looks like the type of thread that would pop up in an New Zealand gaming forum.
looks more like a 'first world problems' thread

i left my ipad upstairs and just got comfy in my chair, FML
I'm pretty livid that someone in cosplay community would scam the church to fund her trip to anime con.

This goes against my morals and beliefs. Just...... what the fuck?

Also, she blatantly lied to me and my friends that she would sent us the CD of bunch of pictures on it after our photo session. She eventually post them 3 months later.... on fucking Facebook.

I made it clear to my friends that we are not to waste our time with her anymore.
Post edited October 30, 2011 by MGShogun
HereForTheBeer: Black Tuesday came earlier this week. That was the day our two sports cars and two motorcycles were put into winter storage: shoved into one corner of the garage, fed some fuel stabilizer, and covers installed. Really didn't get much riding in this summer anyway, for one reason or another. Also swapped the lawn mower for the snow thrower.

Not mentally ready for winter this year. Hopefully it won't drag on and on like the last one did.
We had a terrible summer this year, I'm right there with ya.
SlappyBag: looks more like a 'first world problems' thread

i left my ipad upstairs and just got comfy in my chair, FML
Because if you're not starving you shouldn't have any problems? Is that kind of like don't complain about rape, murder is much worse?

Yeah I know shit sucks way more in some places, you only have to look at Brian Steidle's "photo shoot" from Darfur to figure that out. That doesn't mean people don't have difficulties and need to blow off steam. Even so, you only have to look back one page to see someone's relative broke their back, that sucks no matter where you are.
Post edited October 30, 2011 by orcishgamer
My foot is incredibly dry and itches a lot. I need some Gold Bond foot cream.
It's cold and snowy and I'm angry that it isn't Nov 11, because I want to play Skyrim :(