It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tekkaman-James: There weren't two Insomnia Sales in the same calendar year, but the first two happened within six months of each other. Here are the dates:

11/13/2013 - Fall Insomnia Promo

05/12/2014 - Spring Insomnia Promo

03/02/2015 - Double Insomnia Promo: Classic vs. Fresh

03/21/2016 - Sleepy Sheep Insomnia Sale

So, chances are, we won't see another Insomnia Sale until next year, but you never know! ^_^
You certainly gather weird sets of information but now it becomes clear why they somehow blurred together.
For someone who does ignore Christmas and Sylvester completely, the amount of time between things is more important.

Damn, the years go past exceedingly fast.
Klumpen0815: You certainly gather weird sets of information but now it becomes clear why they somehow blurred together.
Gathering useless bits of information is one of my specialties! ^_^

Klumpen0815: Damn, the years go past exceedingly fast.
They do, indeed.
Zillatain: We have had over 1500 sales so far.

GOGs 2016 Sleepy Sheep Insomnia Stats

Well, I need to get some sleep.
Very nice job!
Finally we can see that the rarest offer were the D&D bundle (only 4 round for 132 copies) and Transistor (5 round for only 125 copies) and both were sold out in less than 4min for all the copies. It was more a "don't blink and don't do anything else" than a real insomnia sale which is really annoying imo.
For me the last insomnia was better but I'm not objectiv because I managed to get 8 freebies :)
This one was exhausting and stressfull if you wanted a speficic game (especially D&D and Transistor obviously)
guppy44: And to jcosmo above, I'm stuck with only a mobile until next week so chat is utterly (virtually) impossible. I think I know what you're trying to do there, and you are one amazing person. Please know I'm not ignoring you at all, I just can't see any of the chat on here let alone reply. :( I promise I'll get there as soon as I'm able. But please pass (them) on to someone else who was eagerly waiting for them. Too many people are trying to be generous and I'll never sleep again over the guilt of accepting such a generous offer (the bad kind of insomnia). :)
I sent you a message via chat. ;-)
jcosmocohen: Thanks for your company as well! I also had great fun during the sale. There were a couple of hiccups along the way, but overall I wouldn't trade the time I wasted and the money I spent on anything else.

Thanks for the reminder about Shelter. I actually noticed that Ground Control Anthology, a game I've wishlisted for awhile now, is finally on sale. So it looks like my spending isn't quite over!
guppy44: Thank you to everyone who made this sale a blast. It may not have been as crazy as the first one, but there were a handful of insomniacs, erm, users who were active and kept things fun and entertaining. Some missions were accomplished and others left for another day. But thank you all for making this a fun week. :)

And to jcosmo above, I'm stuck with only a mobile until next week so chat is utterly (virtually) impossible. I think I know what you're trying to do there, and you are one amazing person. Please know I'm not ignoring you at all, I just can't see any of the chat on here let alone reply. :( I promise I'll get there as soon as I'm able. But please pass (them) on to someone else who was eagerly waiting for them. Too many people are trying to be generous and I'll never sleep again over the guilt of accepting such a generous offer (the bad kind of insomnia). :)

Happy Easter to all who celebrate, and a fantastic weekend to everyone! :D
If you have a smart phone try turning it sideways when you are in chat, you should be able to see messages then. You will also have to go to a persons name in the forums and touch their avatar to bring up a start conversation option, once you pick it then you can send them a message. You can not copy or click links on the phone though in chat.
Wow, this was my third Insomnia sale and the first one without Jack Keane! :D
It was my third Insomnia Sale as well. You are right that this is the first one that was completely devoid of Jack Keane's presence. It makes me curious if the "deal wranglers" at GOG tried to get a deal worked out for Jack Keane, but were just unable to. We may never know.
The sales are great, but the community is always the highlight of these :) Makes me sad to see them go
Well, farewell to this insomnia sale! I'd seen these come and go in the past, but this was the first one I participated in.

My plan was to buy only items in the sale that were on my wishlist. This included: Bastion, Transistor, and Broken Sword 2. Of course, plans change.

My haul: The Dig, Broken Sword 2-5 (already owned 1), Windward, and J.U.L.I.A Among the Stars

Still curious about Bastion and Transistor, but they didn't appear before Day 3 and I'd already reached my $20 budget limit.

I'm very happy and this was a lot fun hanging on forums with you all. Happy playing, Gog folk!
And another sale is done. Thanks again to all the people which have contributed to this thread and to track the sale. Special thanks to The-Business for maintaining the list of games, to Pidgeot for his sale tracker and mrkgnao for his continuous effort to collect GOGs data and to provide the search engine.
Is there a way to buy gift copies of a game you do NOT own? I have many, many games I've never played. It'd be nice to have been able to pass on games I've never played and have lost interest in. :-)
chenrazee: Is there a way to buy gift copies of a game you do NOT own? I have many, many games I've never played. It'd be nice to have been able to pass on games I've never played and have lost interest in. :-)
Yes. At the bottom of the checkout page you can select an option to buy the game as a gift code. You may even contact GOGs support to change a game you have bought into a gift code when you don't have downloaded it so far.
chenrazee: Is there a way to buy gift copies of a game you do NOT own? I have many, many games I've never played. It'd be nice to have been able to pass on games I've never played and have lost interest in. :-)
For this sale, it wasn't made possible - under normal circumstances (and in most other sales) though, there's always the "Gift this order" checkbox during the checkout procedure, which would allow gifting of non-owned games.

Edit: ninja'd!
Post edited March 26, 2016 by expopower
expopower: For this sale, it wasn't made possible - under normal circumstances (and in most other sales) though, there's always the "Gift this order" checkbox during the checkout procedure, which would allow gifting of non-owned games.

Edit: ninja'd!
For this same if you added the game to your basket from the game page while it was on sale you would have gotten the gift option. I bought over a dozen gifts that way of games I did not own.
Another good sale with some planned purchases & a couple of surprise "Ah, why not" ones too :D

It is nice to have the monitor & phone back for proper use once more though.....Until next time that is ;)

P.S. Where was Jack Keane2? o0