It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Picked up a couple of games I didn't know I wanted but missed the one thing I was after - the D and D Enhanced bundle :( Still, I have a backlog of games that should keep me occupied until the next sale :)

Overall, pleased that it is over as the Insomnia sales are not really my cup of tea...
Hm, I feel like these sales become less interesting as time progresses. I appreciated the lower amount of game copies; I just wish the was a larger selection though...
O.K. the sale is over for hours now so I guess it is time we are starting to count down the days until next insomnia shall we? ;)
I'd like to thank everyone of you here for the nice company. It was not the blast I had last year but it still was great fun and it still was exhausting. Many may not like the way this kind of sale works but I just love it. It is part masochism and part adventure with no time to play any game at all. Goodbye to you all and have some relaxing sleep in case you hadn't had the opportunity yet. :)

btw: there is not just the usual weekend promo, Shelter 2(and its DLC) is discounted as well pretty much (afair it never went under 10$) because of the Paws release and it's easy to oversee the offer.

Edit: Thank god I got rid of the 666 stigma rep ;)
Post edited March 26, 2016 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: O.K. the sale is over for hours now so I guess it is time we are starting to count down the days until next insomnia shall we? ;)
I'd like to thank everyone of you here for the nice company. It was not the blast I had last year but it still was great fun and it still was exhausting. Many may not like the way this kind of sale works but I just love it. It is part masochism and part adventure with no time to play any game at all. Goodbye to you all and have some relaxing sleep in case you hadn't had the opportunity yet. :)

btw: there is not just the usual weekend promo, Shelter 2(and its DLC) is discounted as well pretty much (afair it never went under 10$) because of the Paws release and it's easy to oversee the offer.

Thanks for your company as well! I also had great fun during the sale. There were a couple of hiccups along the way, but overall I wouldn't trade the time I wasted and the money I spent on anything else.

Thanks for the reminder about Shelter. I actually noticed that Ground Control Anthology, a game I've wishlisted for awhile now, is finally on sale. So it looks like my spending isn't quite over!
Yes, I second your posts. Nice people here and it was fun watching and waiting and racing to beat the countdown. No matter we didn't get everything we wanted. There's always another sale to look forward to.

Have a great weekend everyone, enjoy your new games!
Oh well, it's over. The one game I was after I missed, Satellite Reign, but I did pick up two games on the spur of the moment, Victor Vran and Dead State.
Just woke up and the sale is gone. Was a fun time, though not as good as the other ones.
Wish you all nice easter weekend and a good day. See you at the next one ;)
Post edited March 26, 2016 by The_Blog
MarkoH01: O.K. the sale is over for hours now so I guess it is time we are starting to count down the days until next insomnia shall we? ;)
Hell no! :P :D
Please, no!

I like the old bundle sales and hope that the spring sale will be one of those again.
Klumpen0815: Please, no!

I like the old bundle sales and hope that the spring sale will be one of those again.
It's purely subjective I think. Yes, bundle sales are fine but they are imo not exciting. Each to his own as always :)
And insomnia is only one a year - I guess we can live with that.
Post edited March 26, 2016 by MarkoH01

jcosmocohen: Thanks for your company as well! I also had great fun during the sale. There were a couple of hiccups along the way, but overall I wouldn't trade the time I wasted and the money I spent on anything else.

Thanks for the reminder about Shelter. I actually noticed that Ground Control Anthology, a game I've wishlisted for awhile now, is finally on sale. So it looks like my spending isn't quite over!
Thank you to everyone who made this sale a blast. It may not have been as crazy as the first one, but there were a handful of insomniacs, erm, users who were active and kept things fun and entertaining. Some missions were accomplished and others left for another day. But thank you all for making this a fun week. :)

And to jcosmo above, I'm stuck with only a mobile until next week so chat is utterly (virtually) impossible. I think I know what you're trying to do there, and you are one amazing person. Please know I'm not ignoring you at all, I just can't see any of the chat on here let alone reply. :( I promise I'll get there as soon as I'm able. But please pass (them) on to someone else who was eagerly waiting for them. Too many people are trying to be generous and I'll never sleep again over the guilt of accepting such a generous offer (the bad kind of insomnia). :)

Happy Easter to all who celebrate, and a fantastic weekend to everyone! :D
high rated
All good-but-not-great things must come to an end. Regardless of that truth, it's always sad to see them go. Sure, there were some administrative problems (which have been extensively covered), but there were still some nice deals, great surprises and the best company a forum-goer could ask for.

Many thanks to The-Business (where ever you are) for starting this thread, to Pidgeot for his amazing scripts, to RWarehall and phaolo for tracking the sales, and to Zillatain for crunching the numbers. Also, much love and respect to everyone who spread the generosity around to the less fortunate during this sale. When I first came here almost two years ago, it is that infectious kindness and camaraderie that has kept me coming back time and again. To everyone who joined because of this sale, welcome! To everyone who shared their thoughts or a laugh in this thread, you rock!

So, I know some of you have already shared your hauls (and that there's a whole separate thread for that), but here is what I walked away with:

Book of Unwritten Tales 2, Jotun, J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars, Lichdom: Battlemage, This War of Mine and Transistor.

That's $38 for six games. Not bad, considering the full retail total would have been $150.

So...2016 Fall Insomnia Sale, maybe? ^_^
MarkoH01: It's purely subjective I think. Yes, bundle sales are fine but they are imo not exciting.
Exactly and exciting is bad for grumpy old gamers (as well as having to stare at the screen and not being able to play when doing so).

MarkoH01: And insomnia is only one a year - I guess we can live with that.
Weren't there two or three insomnia sales last year?
Klumpen0815: Weren't there two or three insomnia sales last year?
Nope, just the Double Insomnia in March. But 2014 had two afaik. Maybe they're just blurring together?
There weren't two Insomnia Sales in the same calendar year, but the first two happened within six months of each other. Here are the dates:

11/13/2013 - Fall Insomnia Promo

05/12/2014 - Spring Insomnia Promo

03/02/2015 - Double Insomnia Promo: Classic vs. Fresh

03/21/2016 - Sleepy Sheep Insomnia Sale

So, chances are, we won't see another Insomnia Sale until next year, but you never know! ^_^