It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
budejovice: 31 pages?

Oh...
Yeah. You can read through if you want, or I can sum it up fast for you.

The game itself is DRM-free, start to finish.

You can get items faster if you do an online account, and the developers added on a code so people can get items fast if they want to go that route.

If you never go online, you can still get everything offered to those who choose to by playing the game.
Konrad: <snip>
Online features:

The game does not require a GOG Galaxy account to connect to the online features, but it does require an in-game account to connect to the online features.

The online features include multiplayer, as well as the in-game key redemption system. Like a few of you mentioned, the latter is used for things like the Treasure Key that the devs provided with your game, and if they choose to distribute additional keys for any reason, that part is totally up to them.
The problem is you specifically described the treasure key as drm-free, but it is clearly not.
You're still being slightly less than fully forthcoming on this point.
Quite surprised at this and the volume of traffic about this game and the bonus. The way i see it is the game itself is DRM free and that you can store it anywhere, play it on any machine without the need for connecting to internet.

The bonus is just a one time freebie and it not essential to the same if you dont use it does it affect the game at all apart from giving you some game items at the start rather than loot them later on. The fact you have to connect to the internet for that does not make the game have DRM it is optional after all and does not download anything that will force the game to connect to the internet afterwards.

I can see everyone point in the matter but as i find the base game does not require the internet in my eye that means no drm.
Man, i really got confused
since some people are claiming stuff.
Regarding the cheat code for stuff thats in the game annyway, that is not DRM at least to my thinking.
Its just a code for stuff you can get faster at the start of the game rather than playing the game to get it yourself by your own efforts if i understand it correctly.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by Lodium
Lodium: Man, i really got confused
Regarding the cheat code for stuff thats in the game annyway, that is not DRM at least to my thinking.
Its just a code you can get faster at the start of the game rather than playing the game to get it yourself by your own efforts if i understand it correctly.
You would be correct. The only exclusivity involved is that those who buy it from GOG have an option that Steam players do not, as far as I know.

Maybe I'm just odd, but if anything I see the code as a moot point on a gameplay level.
Starting a new game with a legendary item seems like a bit of a difficulty curve annihilator.
Lodium: Man, i really got confused
Its just a code you can get faster at the start of the game rather than playing the game to get it yourself by your own efforts if i understand it correctly.
CarrionCrow: You would be correct. The only exclusivity involved is that those who buy it from GOG have an option that Steam players do not, as far as I know.

Maybe I'm just odd, but if anything I see the code as a moot point on a gameplay level.
Starting a new game with a legendary item seems like a bit of a difficulty curve annihilator.
Hmm, maybe the issue is that the news post was kinda vague.
Its pretty common that users have to translate or interpret what the news posts are actually saying.
But i cant be certian about that either since some people overreact quite often when it comes to news from gog staff.
budejovice: 31 pages?

Oh...
CarrionCrow: Yeah. You can read through if you want, or I can sum it up fast for you.

The game itself is DRM-free, start to finish.

You can get items faster if you do an online account, and the developers added on a code so people can get items fast if they want to go that route.

If you never go online, you can still get everything offered to those who choose to by playing the game.
I read the first 9 or so pages before seeing your reply. It would have been so easy to just release the game only. Good lord.

It looks great, but I'm personally not really OK with this presentation. I game offline only. I understand that the game should be good even if I play it offline, but I'm with the whole slippery slope argument presented much earlier and more eloquently (and less eloquently) today.

Plus, with my backlog, the devs & publisher are likely to be way out of business and the servers way offline before I get around to trying it. And that's why I game (and even DLC) DRM-free. :)

EDIT: I didn't mean to pre-edit out the word "instaunwishlisting." :)

EDIT2: @CC I see your point re: gameplay etc., but I finish games much more slowly than you, and may at this point still own even more than you. My current backlog will last me 217 years (exactly, I did the math), so no need to rush on this one at 10%...
Post edited July 25, 2015 by budejovice
aluinie: Quite surprised at this and the volume of traffic about this game and the bonus. The way i see it is the game itself is DRM free and that you can store it anywhere, play it on any machine without the need for connecting to internet.

The bonus is just a one time freebie and it not essential to the same if you dont use it does it affect the game at all apart from giving you some game items at the start rather than loot them later on. The fact you have to connect to the internet for that does not make the game have DRM it is optional after all and does not download anything that will force the game to connect to the internet afterwards.

I can see everyone point in the matter but as i find the base game does not require the internet in my eye that means no drm.
It's unfortunately worse than that. The whole treasure code system for some game content is authenticated-only online-only DRM-controlled. This is essentially similar to Anno 2070 which had game features which only worked if you were authenticated and online, though the game could be played offline.

Regardless of whether you feel it is legitimate to have online-only features in single player PC games (I don't), there is the sticky issue that the servers are not immortal and thus some features of this game will wink out of existence permanently at some point.
budejovice: I read the first 9 or so pages before seeing your reply. It would have been so easy to just release the game only. Good lord.

It looks great, but I'm personally not really OK with this presentation. I game offline only. I understand that the game should be good even if I play it offline, but I'm with the whole slippery slope argument presented much earlier and more eloquently (and less eloquently) today.

Plus, with my backlog, the devs & publisher are likely to be way out of business and the servers way offline before I get around to trying it. And that's why I game (and even DLC) DRM-free. :)

EDIT: I didn't mean to pre-edit out the word "instaunwishlisting." :)

EDIT2: @CC I see your point re: gameplay etc., but I finish games much more slowly than you, and may at this point still own even more than you. My current backlog will last me 217 years (exactly, I did the math), so no need to rush on this one at 10%...
Agreed. Without the code's inclusion, the response to the game would have been generally positive, I think.
But with it, it attached a huge amount of negativity to the release.

Would honestly prefer its removal in favor of the developers putting together a small installer that allows for the items to be added onto a single character, assuming there isn't an unreasonable amount of effort required for it.
In that case, would go back to the preference of it not being there at all, so people can focus on the game and purchase it rather than having that as something that causes a person to avoid the title all together.

It's not what I do, either. I won't make an account for the sake of a single code, and I'm not in the habit of going back to a game for the sake of more loot when it's been killed off, so possible later codes hold no appeal either.
But at the same time, I can see how the developers would go this route, since they've already set up the infrastructure for multiplayer gaming.

-laughs- True. You still have more than I do, and I went past 900 last month.
When the backlog's that large, it really is a buyer's market.
jsjrodman: It's unfortunately worse than that. The whole treasure code system for some game content is authenticated-only online-only DRM-controlled. This is essentially similar to Anno 2070 which had game features which only worked if you were authenticated and online, though the game could be played offline.

Regardless of whether you feel it is legitimate to have online-only features in single player PC games (I don't), there is the sticky issue that the servers are not immortal and thus some features of this game will wink out of existence permanently at some point.
Please, stop misleading people. seriously. Have you actually bought and played the game? There's absolutely no similarities whatsoever to Anno 2070, there are no exclusive online features; GOG users *who so wish so* can -- and notice they *can*, they're not *required to* -- redeem a code that gives them some early boosts that you can get either way by playing the game.

I'm not going to argue with you on the whole DRM issue, but, please, stop telling people things that aren't true. You don't get any exclusive online features. None. Zilch. Zero. All the drops, all the boosters, everything you get from redeeming your treasure key is available in the offline game.
Lodium: Hmm, maybe the issue is that the news post was kinda vague.
Its pretty common that users have to translate or interpret what the news posts are actually saying.
But i cant be certian about that either since some people overreact quite often when it comes to news from gog staff.
The process for redeeming the code isn't laid out in full, but even so, having to go to an exterior source to redeem it wasn't going to sit well with some people.

It's a "the sky is falling" response. It happens a lot, and pretty much every thread that GOG puts out gets nailed with it for some reason or another.

Hell, Ciris put out a thread celebrating how many people were playing Witcher 3 on Galaxy and even that turned into negative crap.
high rated
mrkgnao: snip
from Gabriel Dobrev, CEO, Director, and Founder of Haemimontgames:
"Hello Michael,
Thank you for the opportunity to provide an official answer to this question.

Treasure Hunts and Bounties do not unlock new areas. In order to complete them the player must visit a number of areas which she have gained access to while playing the game. They provide new and interesting challenges to players that have already completed the story and unlocked all areas in the game.

Each Treasure Hunt and Bounty has a Treasure Key which you can share with your friends or the community so they can redeem exactly the same item. Sharing is optional and you don't get any in-game benefits from sharing.

We created the GOG special GIFT-OF-GEAR using the same item sharing system that already existed. We did not realise that this will be considered as DRM by some people. The gift is not mandatory, it's a token of appreciation to the GOG community that we created with the tools we already had at our disposal."
micktiegs_8: from Gabriel Dobrev, CEO, Director, and Founder of Haemimontgames:
"Hello Michael,

Treasure Hunts and Bounties do not unlock new areas. In order to complete them the player must visit a number of areas which she have gained access to while playing the game. They provide new and interesting challenges to players that have already completed the story and unlocked all areas in the game.

Each Treasure Hunt and Bounty has a Treasure Key which you can share with your friends or the community so they can redeem exactly the same item. Sharing is optional and you don't get any in-game benefits from sharing.

We created the GOG special GIFT-OF-GEAR using the same item sharing system that already existed. We did not realise that this will be considered as DRM by some people. The gift is not mandatory, it's a token of appreciation to the GOG community that we created with the tools we already had at our disposal."
First thanks for asking the Devs. So that means I can do the "normal" treasure hunts offline and claim the bounty offline for myself, the treasure hunt codes just com into play when I want to share them with another player? Only the GoG code is the exception?
Post edited July 25, 2015 by MaGo72
micktiegs_8: from Gabriel Dobrev, CEO, Director, and Founder of Haemimontgames:
"Hello Michael,

I understand, but the system of treasure key itself is drm.
The problem is not that the developers did not think that this system is drm, the problem is that gog accepted.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by LiefLayer
jsjrodman: It's unfortunately worse than that. The whole treasure code system for some game content is authenticated-only online-only DRM-controlled. This is essentially similar to Anno 2070 which had game features which only worked if you were authenticated and online, though the game could be played offline.

groze: Please, stop misleading people. seriously. Have you actually bought and played the game? There's absolutely no similarities whatsoever to Anno 2070, there are no exclusive online features; GOG users *who so wish so* can -- and notice they *can*, they're not *required to* -- redeem a code that gives them some early boosts that you can get either way by playing the game.

I'm not going to argue with you on the whole DRM issue, but, please, stop telling people things that aren't true. You don't get any exclusive online features. None. Zilch. Zero. All the drops, all the boosters, everything you get from redeeming your treasure key is available in the offline game.
My comment extends beyond the topic of the "exclusive" treasure code. Therefore your reply is not accurate.