It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
Randoo: It is drm
*it requires you to authenticate yourself
*it only works once

same way as games with limited activation work.
But in this case, neither the game nor any content becomes inaccessible or unplayable. You are simply given the choice to have a slightly better load-out the first time you play if you want to start out a bit easier. You can just ignore that option and play the same game offline without ever using the key and get the same items, albeit a bit later during the game.
I've been reading the OP post carefully.

The key term here is precisely KEY.

And the wording is vague enough that maybe you need to be logged to Galaxy to get the loot, or maybe the only reason you need to log in, is to get the key code in your account.

Then you enter the KEY, not your gog account info.

And with a sleight of hand and a puff of smoke, the drama is gone, I also do children parties.
*it only works once

BKGaming: Can you play without authenticating online? Yes.
Can you obtain all content in game without authenticating online? Yes.
Does it really only work once? No, why because we can do this thing called "actually playing the game" to get the same thing instead of having it handed to us.

Calling this DRM is the most idiotic argument I've seen against DRM on GOG yet...
Here comes the white knight.

You are clearly not talking about the issue at hand and willingly not understanding it.

I feel sorry for you and hope you will get better soon.

*it only works once

ricki42: But in this case, neither the game nor any content becomes inaccessible or unplayable. You are simply given the choice to have a slightly better load-out the first time you play if you want to start out a bit easier. You can just ignore that option and play the same game offline without ever using the key and get the same items, albeit a bit later during the game.
Well, I didn't use it because I don't feel like it and won't give my password to a third party.
Doesn't make their move right either. We are also missing content given to steam users

j0ekerr: I've been reading the OP post carefully.

And the wording is vague enough that maybe you need to be logged to Galaxy to get the loot, or maybe the only reason you need to log in, is to get the key code in your account.

And with a sleight of hand and a puff of smoke, the drama is gone, I also do children parties.
you need to login IN game with a third party login and password interface, accessing a server somewhere to validate that you didn't enabled it already.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Randoo
BKGaming: Because it a one time use bonus for buying the game ... this is far from the first game to ever do this. Though it's more common in MMO's.

This is not DRM, and this is not even DLC. The content is already in-game & attainable. This is more akin to being given a cheat code that can only be used once to unlock high level content. Actually they should have done that, much less complaining would have ensured.
synfresh: Again, nobody would give half a damn if the word 'login' wasn't used. Login implies online and any game on GoG that needs to go online for anything (except multiplayer), whether it's options, extra, or a big banner that says 'You're great' is going to be met with 'sky is falling' posts.
GOG can't to anything anymore without the "sky is falling" post. It's beyond ridiculous. People will find fault in anything...
Does it really only work once? No, why because we can do this thing called "actually playing the game" to get the same thing instead of having it handed to us.

Calling this DRM is the most idiotic argument I've seen against DRM on GOG yet...
Really? Then count your blessings my friend.

Randoo: Here comes the white knight.

You are clearly not talking about the issue at hand and willingly not understanding it.

I feel sorry for you and hope you will get better soon.
There is no issue, except people trying to make it some big issue...

Now if the content was not obtainable in-game offline I would agree with you 100% percent, but this is nothing more the an one time use bonus cheat...
Post edited July 24, 2015 by BKGaming
BKGaming: GOG can't to anything anymore without the "sky is falling" post. It's beyond ridiculous. People will find fault in anything...
No, here on GOG, people find fault with DRM. We're a bit of a cult that way.

Haha that's probably it. It's not logging into anything, you actually are just putting in a key. There is nothing said anywhere that the key is authenticating with anything else.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by synfresh
mrkgnao: Why can I use it only once?
BKGaming: Because it a one time use bonus for buying the game ... this is far from the first game to ever do this. Though it's more common in MMO's.

This is not DRM, and this is not even DLC. The content is already in-game & attainable. This is more akin to being given a cheat code that can only be used once to unlock high level content. Actually they should have done that, much less complaining would have ensured.
I call it DRM.
mrkgnao: Why can I use it only once?

If I told you that a game can be played a limited number of times, wouldn't you say that the game has DRM?

Now, this cheat can be played only once. Yes, you can get the loot at a later stage without it, but AFAIU the cheat itself cannot be used more than once.

So, for me, while the game itself does not have DRM, the add-on, the cheat, the one-time-use exclusive GOG.com cheat does. You are welcome to disagree.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by mrkgnao

This is not DRM, and this is not even DLC. The content is already in-game. This is more akin to being given a cheat code that can only be used once to unlock high level content. Actually they should have done that, much less complaining would have ensured.
*it only works once

It is definitely not DRM, as DRM locks you out and keeps you from using the game, unless you activate or authenticate the game, or parts of the game that are locked, and as BKGaming describes it, all this is about is a "Booster" code or a "cheat" to give you access to items you may find just playing the game.

BKGaming: ...
mrkgnao: ... So, for me, while the game itself does not have DRM, the add-on, the cheat, the one-time-use exclusive GOG.com cheat does. You are welcome to disagree.
I would put this "cheat code" in the category of "Exclusives" and not DRM... :P
Post edited July 24, 2015 by GhostwriterDoF

synfresh: Haha that's probably it. It's not logging into anything, you actually are just putting in a key. There is nothing said anywhere that the key is authenticating with anything else.
Not so sure about that. Look at the screens here, they seem to be ingame and login:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_victor_vran_92633/post118
Randoo: Well, I didn't use it because I don't feel like it and won't give my password to a third party.
Doesn't make their move right either. We are also missing content given to steam users
Pretty sure your not even given your password to a third party... more than likely your authenticating against GOG's servers meaning your sending your password to GOG who already has it. It's not like GOG is going to give our login information to a third party.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by BKGaming
*it only works once

GhostwriterDoF: It is definitely not DRM, as DRM locks you out and keeps you from using the game, unless you activate or authenticate the game, or parts of the game that are locked, and as BKGaming describes it, all this is about is a "Booster" code or a "cheat" to give you access to items you may find just playing the game.

mrkgnao: ... So, for me, while the game itself does not have DRM, the add-on, the cheat, the one-time-use exclusive GOG.com cheat does. You are welcome to disagree.
GhostwriterDoF: I would put this "cheat code" in the category of "Exclusives" and not DRM... :P
I would say
drmed one time locked cheat code trusting your gog account to some unknown entity

that's shady at best (the login part)
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Randoo
Looks nice! ^_^