It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
HijacK: I guess you could consider it something like an extra life in Candy Crush saga. Psychologically I can see this as a system that attracts more buyers. You have one teenager that play this ARPG and tells his friends "Yo, we can have the same legendary items" and they all jump in and play the game. I mean, I've noticed some peculiar behavior regarding social games. People really seem to bond over and increase their cooperation when they do things like this.
-laughing hard- Or you end up thinking, "I don't want to play multiplayer anymore, my co-op partner is total shit and they're screwing up my game. How can I kill them, take their stuff, then kick them out of the game?"
zeffyr: OK, thanks for the answers.

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding it: the game is DRM-free, but has an optional bonus item and you're not forced to reclaim this bonus item in order to play the game DRM-free.

If that's true, the riot is ridiculous :-)
the problem is not this game, the problem is that gog accepted this situation. This justifies other games with other drm.
DoctorPirx: Ok, thank you. It's basically a multiplayer and/or social feature. So for an unsocial, friendless single player gamer it's completely superfluous. And the GOG bonus goodie is targeted at the mordern social gamer, who is used to having accounts and so on. This I can understand - businesswise.

Thanks for clearing that up.
jsjrodman: Unfortunately the treasure hunt business is not specific to multiplayer, though you may find that it feels superfluous specifically to you, at least if you don't mind some content being DRM-controlled on GOG.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_victor_vran_92633/post714
I'm afraid I'm too old and too inflexible for a such a game. Integrating social or multiplayer stuff into a single player campaign is reason enough for me to skip it. (My heart is still bleeding because of Elite Dangerous.)
As for the DRM-thing: It's good that people are alert. Therefore I welcome threads like this.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by DoctorPirx
HijacK: I guess you could consider it something like an extra life in Candy Crush saga. Psychologically I can see this as a system that attracts more buyers. You have one teenager that play this ARPG and tells his friends "Yo, we can have the same legendary items" and they all jump in and play the game. I mean, I've noticed some peculiar behavior regarding social games. People really seem to bond over and increase their cooperation when they do things like this.
CarrionCrow: -laughing hard- Or you end up thinking, "I don't want to play multiplayer anymore, my co-op partner is total shit and they're screwing up my game. How can I kill them, take their stuff, then kick them out of the game?"
I want to say this hasn't happened to me, but I come back from a semi-pro League of Legends background. I was ready all up in arms with some of my buddies to go pro..... until I had to move to the other side of the world in U.S. But I digress. I know what you are talking about. Still, that game really thought me patience with people. It often paid off.
DoctorPirx: I'm afraid I'm too old and too inflexible for a such a game. Integrating social or multiplayer stuff into a single player campaign is reason enough for me to skip it. (My heart is still bleeding because of Elite Dangerous.)
As for the DRM-thing: It's good that people are alert. Therefore I welcome threads like this.
Agreed. I welcome threads like this because they end up being fun. =)
jsjrodman: Unfortunately the treasure hunt business is not specific to multiplayer, though you may find that it feels superfluous specifically to you, at least if you don't mind some content being DRM-controlled on GOG.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_victor_vran_92633/post714
DoctorPirx: I'm afraid I'm too old and too inflexible for a such a game. Integrating social or multiplayer stuff into a single player campaign is reason enough for me to skip it. (My heart is still bleeding because of Elite Dangerous.)
As to the DRM-thing: It's good that people are alert. Therefore I welcome threads like this.
Well, I don't think this studio was dishonest at any point, so it doesn't burn the way that Frontier Development did, for me. However, the GOG announcement for the game was pretty dishonest in describing the bonus item as a "DRM-free one time activation key". There's room for debating whether the bonus item constitutes DRM, but when specifically describing that one feature as DRM-free, they chose to be anything but forthcoming.
LiefLayer: the problem is not this game, the problem is that gog accepted this situation. This justifies other games with other drm.
Obviously, there's significant disagreement about whether the Treasure Key system constitutes meaningful DRM. Imo, the appropriate action by GOG in this case is to offer the game, allowing each user to individually decide whether or not to purchase the game.

Don't consider this meaningful DRM? Great! Buy it.

Consider it unacceptable DRM? Great! Don't buy it.

If the game were removed (or had never been offered), then users that consider the Treasure Key system a meaningless social feature would be stuck with much less attractive options: Don't play the game, buy the Steam version (definitely DRM), or pirate the game. That is *not* a better situation.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by SeduceMePlz
Worth noting is that the multiplayer and social component are not required for offline gaming. While some may say you don't get to enjoy the whole game, so could be said about games like Halo that have a single player campaign and then have a Deathmatch mode you can only access online. Same thing, different color.
Riotact: Oh? That's not something I am aware of, can you expand on that please?
jsjrodman: See https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_victor_vran_92633/post714
OK, I know about those, There is a thread on Steam where people list the codes they get, so if you want any to use Offline, you can get a bunch of codes there, Im sure the same will occour in the GOG VV forum when people get codes too.

Anyone needs codes in the meantime :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/345180/discussions/0/541906348038874466/
high rated
LiefLayer: the problem is not this game, the problem is that gog accepted this situation. This justifies other games with other drm.
SeduceMePlz: Obviously, there's significant disagreement about whether the Treasure Key system constitutes meaningful DRM. Imo, the appropriate action by GOG in this case is to offer the game, allowing each user to individually decide whether or not to purchase the game.

Don't consider this meaningful DRM? Great! Buy it.

Consider it unacceptable DRM? Great! Don't buy it.

If the game were removed (or had never been offered), then users that consider the Treasure Key system a meaningless social feature would be stuck with much less attractive options: Don't play the game, buy the Steam version (definitely DRM), or pirate the game. That is *not* a better situation.
While I recognize that views on boundary of DRM may differ, this argument could be used to justify putting any amount of DRM on GoG. Basically I'm just saying it's not a very compelling argument.
As to the DRM-thing: It's good that people are alert. Therefore I welcome threads like this.
jsjrodman: Well, I don't think this studio was dishonest at any point, so it doesn't burn the way that Frontier Development did, for me. However, the GOG announcement for the game was pretty dishonest in describing the bonus item as a "DRM-free one time activation key". There's room for debating whether the bonus item constitutes DRM, but when specifically describing that one feature as DRM-free, they chose to be anything but forthcoming.
Well, yeah, Frontier did f*** up that one pretty badly. But, hey, Braben seems to be destined to ruin that franchise. (Elite 2 and 3 were damned good attempts in this regard - for other reasons, but still)

Back to the topic at hand: I agree, GOG were a bit, let's say, clumsy in their announcement - not for the first time. In any case, threads like this should show them that this DRM issue is not taken lightly by their customers. Which is a good thing.
jsjrodman: While I recognize that views on boundary of DRM may differ, this argument could be used to justify putting any amount of DRM on GoG. Basically I'm just saying it's not a very compelling argument.
Eh, this is a fuzzy case. Most cases that people fear aren't.
jsjrodman: While I recognize that views on boundary of DRM may differ, this argument could be used to justify putting any amount of DRM on GoG. Basically I'm just saying it's not a very compelling argument.
SeduceMePlz: Eh, this is a fuzzy case. Most cases that people fear aren't.
To you it is fuzzy, to me it is not. The "fuzziness" is subjective.
That's why I don't find it a compelling argument.
CarrionCrow: -laughing hard- Or you end up thinking, "I don't want to play multiplayer anymore, my co-op partner is total shit and they're screwing up my game. How can I kill them, take their stuff, then kick them out of the game?"
HijacK: I want to say this hasn't happened to me, but I come back from a semi-pro League of Legends background. I was ready all up in arms with some of my buddies to go pro..... until I had to move to the other side of the world in U.S. But I digress. I know what you are talking about. Still, that game really thought me patience with people. It often paid off.
Well, at least you ended up with a positive from the whole thing.

I spent a lot of time online and learned to hate more. Go figure. ;)
SeduceMePlz: Eh, this is a fuzzy case. Most cases that people fear aren't.
jsjrodman: To you it is fuzzy, to me it is not. The "fuzziness" is subjective.
That's why I don't find it a compelling argument.
Exactly: subjective. Thus not imposing the views of some users on all users being the better alternative.

I do get where you're coming from tho.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by SeduceMePlz