It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
high rated
shmerl: It makes original package from GOG crippled, i.e. missing content. I'd say it's not really DRM but split installation which has similar to DRM problem - you can't reinstall the full game from initial package (without relying on external service).

Why can't they just provide the add-on through GOG regular game page? Then user can download everything at once after buying (game, add-ons and etc). And avoid all this mess.
synfresh: You mean like a seperate DLC package? I guess they could of did that although I'll be honest I don't see much difference there, the only difference is you are redeeming out of game vs. in. You still have to log into the gog account to get it.
Yes, like a separate add-on page. The benefit is like I said above - you download it all and can back it up. That's what DRM-free should guarantee. In the current form - you can't. Every time you install you need to authenticate. Which is very DRM-like (even if it wasn't made for DRM purpose). I.e. may be it's just badly thought through add-on deployment, but it could easily be fixed like I wrote above.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by shmerl
high rated
synfresh: You mean like a seperate DLC package? I guess they could of did that although I'll be honest I don't see much difference there, the only difference is you are redeeming out of game vs. in. You still have to log into the gog account to get it.
...and once downloaded you'll never have to go online for it again, even if doing a clean install on a new system, unlike the current setup where you'll still have to go online to obtain the DLC (or find out what files it adds/changes and make a backup of those for manual reinstallation, assuming there are no technical measures to prevent doing that)
shmerl: Yes, like a separate add-on page. The benefit is like I said above - you download it all and can back it up. That's what DRM-free should guarantee. In the current form - you can't. Every time you install you need to authenticate. Which is very DRM-like (even if it wasn't made for DRM purpose). I.e. may be it's just badly though through add-on deployment, but it could easily be fixed like I wrote above.
I guess we need clarification on that. Once you authenticate, will the stuff be there if you back up from that point? If not and you have to reauthenticate then I agree with you.
shmerl: It makes original package from GOG crippled, i.e. missing content. I'd say it's not really DRM but split installation which has similar to DRM problem - you can't reinstall the full game from initial package (without relying on external service).

Why can't they just provide the add-on through GOG regular game page? Then user can download everything at once after buying (game, add-ons and etc). And avoid all this mess.
you can only redeem once... this is why is drm.
I cannot redeem it if I reinstall the game...
And you need to be online
Post edited July 24, 2015 by LiefLayer
nightcraw1er.488: Hi,

Maybe someone could sum up for me. I was just about to purchase VV, came here to check if there were problems as the order keeps changing currency. However I see this has been raised, correct me if I am wrong:

- The additional content is delivered *only* via Galaxy, and only via logged in. I.e. it is not available via browser download?
galaxy is not required at all
additional content is unlocked within the game itself (one time and I guess for 1 character only) with an ingame login and password interface (post 118, page 6 for screenshots)
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Randoo
high rated
Wait a minute.....GOG exclusives and you have to be online to activate them? No thanks. They would have gone better not offering this at all. Even worse now they're giving the impression that as a company GOG now tolerates such practices.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to support such methods, buying it will mean I accept these conditions and only encourages you to bring more and I don't want that.

Linux version or not, I'm not buying this game as long as that online extras activation remains.

EDIT: Are ALL of these loot droppable in game regardless of the code? Looking at the list they don't seem that special except for the Med Kit perhaps.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Ganni1987
Ok, is there DRM in this game or is it only for the online features, multiplayer, co-op?
If the DRM is on the dlc or the singleplayer campaign then im not buying a single game more on gog.
Im then going to back up all my games.

If its only one time activation like the serial keys im fine with it.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Lodium
high rated
Why exclusive content AT ALL?
Really, that´s nothing YOU should bring in---we buy on here anyways---therefor this is the most terrible coincidence that this stuff isn´t DRM-free at all even on top of it!
high rated
shmerl: Yes, like a separate add-on page. The benefit is like I said above - you download it all and can back it up. That's what DRM-free should guarantee. In the current form - you can't. Every time you install you need to authenticate. Which is very DRM-like (even if it wasn't made for DRM purpose). I.e. may be it's just badly though through add-on deployment, but it could easily be fixed like I wrote above.
synfresh: I guess we need clarification on that. Once you authenticate, will the stuff be there if you back up from that point? If not and you have to reauthenticate then I agree with you.
Even if you can manually back it up (and run from that bundle never authenticating again), it still makes it wrong since it's a manual step to bypass DRM-like feature. Steam has a lot of that. Instead of pushing users to do it, there should be a proper DRM-free release through the store page.
high rated
d2t: for the same reason you have to authenticate on the gog website or in their client to download free dlc for the witcher 3 which is also a single player game....

are you really offended with game developer rewarding legal owners of the game with some extra downloadable items which in no way are required to play or complete the game?
synfresh: 100%. They did the exact same thing with Witcher 3 and everyone defended that because it was Witcher?
The difference is I can grab my backup files of Witcher 3 as well as all my backed up DLC/exclusive content for it, toss it on a USB stick and then take it to my offline computer and install and play the game. No issues.

With the setup as it stands with Victor Vran, I can't get at that exclusive content if I do the same thing. So the extra stuff is DRMed. Sure, not a big deal, you don't really need that content to play the game. But why is GOG - a store with a founding principle of DRM-free gaming - suddenly saying DRM is okay for part of the content in a single player experience?

This is not cool. Slippery slope and all that. I, like others here, will pass on this, unfortunately
ne_zavarj: Some people call this a review ?

Yes, and a very helpful one.
barleyguy:
in what way is it helpful? by misleading people?

"So the game requires a GOG login just to play"

which is 100% lie.
nightcraw1er.488: Hi,

Maybe someone could sum up for me. I was just about to purchase VV, came here to check if there were problems as the order keeps changing currency. However I see this has been raised, correct me if I am wrong:

- The additional content is delivered *only* via Galaxy, and only via logged in. I.e. it is not available via browser download?
Randoo: galaxy is not required at all
additional content is unlocked within the game itself (one time and I guess for 1 character only) with an ingame login and password interface (post 118, page 6 for screenshots)
Thank you for confirming. The additional content is nothing more than a ploy then. Shame, this can go on "when its up for $1" list - which seems to be growing recently in light of Defcon, Trine 3 etc.

One other thing to note, and its why I looked here in the first place. The currency and price on the page keeps changing, at first it was £12, then it went to 16e, now its back and is £20, no tell a lie, just refreshed its 20.29 euro, with £2.70 off any future...

Bit of a disaster release this overall.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by nightcraw1er.488
high rated
GOG please remove the DRM from this game. Either that or don't sell it. Remember your DRM-free principles! (you were pretty serious about them a while ago.....)
Gilozard: 1) Actually, many devs have done exactly that.

2) If the devs are not interested enough to make a DRM-free build, then I'm not interested enough in their games. DRM-free is a necessary game feature, for me, just like some people only play platformers or shooters.

It's OK for GOG to not have every game. It's even OK for GOG to miss many good games! It's not OK for GOG to claim that games with DRM are DRM-free.
synfresh: What game had exclusive content in game that was exclusive to GoG?
Not exclusive content. Exclusive builds. Lots of devs have done new builds or rewritten parts of the game to release it on GOG - that's why patches get release on GOG more slowly sometimes. Often they have to redo multiplayer or take out online authentication.
Randoo: galaxy is not required at all
nightcraw1er.488: Thank you for confirming. The additional content is nothing more than a ploy then. Shame, this can go on "when its up for $1" list - which seems to be growing recently in light of Defcon, Trine 3 etc.

One other thing to note, and its why I looked here in the first place. The currency and price on the page keeps changing, at first it was £12, then it went to 16e, now its back and is £20, no tell a lie, just refreshed its 20.29 euro, with £2.70 off any future...

Bit of a disaster release this overall.
Huh. I didn't hear about Trine 3 - what happened there?
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Gilozard
Wait one-time use online activation?
Does that mean that A) you need to be online to use the code and B) the code is useless after that?