It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
Konrad: In short, you get specific in-game drops more quickly.
mrkgnao: I plan to play the game 47 times (always single player), on 47 different machines.
Can I get the "specific in-game drops more quickly" on all 47 playthroughs?
I think the game sets a distribution system with limited resources. I.e. you can see it as another channel. Basically developers can sell you in game stuff, and they gave GOG one item for free (which you can use once apparently). It's not really DRM strictly speaking, but it's not something that I like either. In game purchases sounds funky to me.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by shmerl
throgh: In fact one part of the game is therefore not usable under the circumstance to have a DRM-free usage. Again: This should be mentioned. From my understanding the game should also be removed from the catalogue at all because it doesn't fit the "100% DRM-free"-argument.
d2t: but this bonus / dlc / cheat (call it whatever you want) is NOT part of the game. it's optional bonus offered to you by developer for a limited time period as a thank you for buying game legally.

claiming that a game should be removed from the store just because the developer want to give gamers optional extra on top of the purchase is simply stupid.

i would like to remind you that during preorders of the witcher 3 , game developer was also offering product key to access some comic on darkhorse website - not a drmfree bundled comic download. and nobody complained or demanded witcher 3 delisting.
Please do not make comparisons which doesn't really fit. We just keep our sensibility regarding the fact that there is a keycode only usable for one activation shipping with this game and there is also the forced usage of some account for multiplayer. That is in fact a game-breaker for me: The multiplayer is therefore an ONLINE-feature and only usable with a dedicated account - wherever the corresponding serversystem is located. This game should have never be released here on GOG because there are no other possibilities regarding multiplayer for example LAN-connection which could be used via VPN for example. Let's take another game to comparison: "Torchlight 2" has got a multiplayer-system via LAN and could be connected therefore also using VPN. There is also account-based multiplayer like Battle.net, but this is optional. In "Victor Vran" it is dedicated NOT OPTIONAL and you are forced to use this account-based system. So when I don't want to use such a system it is a big stopper and DRM per definition. Besides: "Torchlight 2" is also available for Linux and DRM-free on Humble-Store. ;-)
Post edited July 24, 2015 by throgh
Luned: So yes, it's the Newbie Defense Package to make your first foray into online multiplayer more enjoyable while you learn the game system. It's like training wheels that get taken away once you're ready to bike with the big kids. I have no problem with the type of items included here as bonus content, nor with them being limited to one-time use in multiplayer. As for the delivery method of said content, I can see both sides of the argument, but you have to log in to play online multiplayer anyway.

Edit: Bolded to emphasize the crucial aspects involved that make me cautiously agree this is OK.
mrkgnao: The only problem is that, AFAIU, all you write is also true if one only plays single player. It is a one-time-use even for single player. Are you ok with that?
if the bonus thing is not an integral part of the game (and it is not) what is the issue with developers offering one time usable extras for people who regularly play in connected / online mode? maybe that is their design philosophy and actually want people to give out new keys with different goodies / boosts / mods on weekly or monthly basis to offer ways to stir up your play-through with something different every time you come back to the game?
Konrad: Bonus content:

In short, you get specific in-game drops more quickly. Everything included in the GOG Treasure Key is present in-game, like regular loot. The items available are simply a few useful items that you can find during gameplay. The treasure key is basically a cheat code to get them right off the bat, nothing is locked behind it and nothing new is added to your game.
Luned: So yes, it's the Newbie Defense Package to make your first foray into online multiplayer more enjoyable while you learn the game system. It's like training wheels that get taken away once you're ready to bike with the big kids. I have no problem with the type of items included here as bonus content, nor with them being limited to one-time use in multiplayer. As for the delivery method of said content, I can see both sides of the argument, but you have to log in to play online multiplayer anyway.

Edit: Bolded to emphasize the crucial aspects involved that make me cautiously agree this is OK.
Multiplayer? Where do you get that from?

"For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:"

I only see single-player there. If the bonus would be for multiplayer only that would change the situation vitally. Even the one-time-use would make sense then.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by eiii
What was the name for that thing. Microtransactions?
high rated
Well, well.

I would like to point out to those that missed it, this thread:-

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/defcons_drm_is_still_active_support_doesnt_give_a_crap/page1

The OP has still not received a refund on this, though curiously enough many that complained as a result, including myself, have. This game continues to be sold.

Now we have this new title that also requires authentication in order to unlock certain aspects (lets not start with the fact that its regioned).

This is gangrene and requires Gog to amputate now, or we are looking at the death of the last core principle of Gog.

This is a message for Gog: I wandered into your store due to a developer refusing to budge on steam exclusive DRM and i can just as easily wander out of this store if this is the way you know wish to do business.
synfresh: So then patches are DRM if they are released after the fact? Especially patches that add content? If the KOTOR 2 stuff gets added to GoG, is that DRM (you have to login to GoG to get it)?
I love this argument. I see it used so often and it just wreaks of desperation to win an argument. Having to log in to download installers is not DRM. I can login, download my installers, and back them up as I see fit. I can install it at any time I want, on any computer I want, without ever having to go back online to ask for permission to install or play my purchase.

The bonus content for this game requires authentication to receive the content. What happens if I activate the content, and my hard drive decides to crash a few minutes later. Now I go back to my backup, and install the game again. That bonus content is now gone.

Logging in to a store to download what I purchased is like a key to protect the seller.

Logging in to a service to activate content is like a key to protect the seller. What happens when I knock on the door and nobody is home.
shmerl: What was the name for that thing. Microtransactions?
That would be relevant only if more goods were being purchased with micropayments. This was included in the base price of the game. Not the same thing.
Randoo: *content (the gift package itself) is most likely already coded in the game (you can enable content keys offline with steam, its content is already there)
If you're referring to the steamcommunity post you quoted above, that part is worded somewhat ambiguously, but the way I read it is that you have to be online to redeem the key. You can then play the unlocked treasure hunt offline. So I don't think the codes are already in the game, you have to log in each time you want to redeem one.
yogsloth: Here's the problem:

If I install the game on machine A, I can use the Treasure Key. I then install it on Machine B, and I cannot use the treasure key... because my digital rights to it have been managed and restricted to only Machine A.

Actually, the real problem is that if I, the consumer, have to explain this to you, the GOG rep, then not only is the battle over - but the entire war is lost.
Smannesman: If I understood it correctly, it's even worse since it's not just locked to Machine A, but also to Installation A and in-game character A.
It would be interesting if you can copy the game installation with the activated bonus to a different computer and use it there or if it's somehow dongle'd to the hardware.
Yes, that would be it, but they are more commonly conducted through in game stores, not redemption codes.
throgh: Besides: "Torchlight 2" is also available for Linux and DRM-free on Humble-Store. ;-)
Sigh. It really is starting to look the GOG is dropping the Linux ball a lot lately. I know it may be the fault of the developer or publisher, but maybe GOG could put more into getting those versions here.

There have been a lot of games that wanted in on the Humble Indie Bundles that debuted their Mac and Linux versions so they could take part. The Humble Indie Bundles are required to be DRM free, and to provide versions for Windows, Mac and Linux.
BKGaming: That would be relevant only if more goods were being purchased with micropayments. This was included in the base price of the game. Not the same thing.
I mean the mechanism itself. The game uses it. I'm not a fan of that approach in general.
low rated
did anyone else noticed how many of vocal complainers about this game (if not majority?) are linux folks? just compare it to any linux topic on gog. rather interesting considering that the game is not even available on that platform and the platform is likely a fraction of osx userbase from gog perspective.

if my memory serves me well it was the same with the installers butthurt this or last year.

anyhow, seems that either linux users perception of gog and drm is vastly different from majority of the gog userbase or there is something very funny going on here
d2t: did anyone else noticed how many of vocal complainers about this game (if not majority?) are linux folks? just compare it to any linux topic on gog. rather interesting considering that the game is not even available on that platform
Did you hear yourself? Game is available on Linux in general (but not on GOG). And you don't expect Linux users to complain? You can skip this thread if you are fine with this.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by shmerl