It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ready to play dirty?

<span class="bold">Gremlins, Inc.</span>, a fierce digital board game where you must outmanoeuvre other gremlin businessmen at every turn, is now available on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

This is a gremlin eat gremlin world of ruthless capitalism, political power struggles, and opportunistic moves. Use cunning, subterfuge, and your conveniently maladjusted moral compass to navigate a steampunk universe of cut-throat profiteering, both in single-player and multiplayer.

Expand your experience further with the <span class="bold">Digital Artbook</span> or <span class="bold">Soundtrack</span>, plus the <span class="bold">Uninvited Guests</span>, <span class="bold">Astral Gamblers</span>, and <span class="bold">Automated Competitors</span> DLC.

The 50% discount will last until May 18, 13:00 PM UTC.

NOTE: The game supports Galaxy/Steam crossplay, GOG Galaxy achievements, and a fully functional mod Workshop, among other things.

When you buy this game, you get 2 products in your GOG Library: Gremlins, Inc. – playable online in single-player and multiplayer modes, with item drops; and Gremlins vs Automatons – playable offline in single-player mode.

Tinker with the trailer.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
PaterAlf: (2) Some examples for Slovakia and Germany :

Blackguards Special Edition: $35.44 vs $47.61
SergeiKlimov: Sorry, I don't get this. Where are these prices from? Which company is selling in USD into Germany?
Hello,

Thank you for being here - I actually have a question about the game itself :)

Is it possible to play on different PCs by my family members over LAN or Wifi? (or any other way)
We have no interest whatsoever to play against other people online, however the game looks fun, and we'd like to play it within the family - if at all possible.

Thanks.
IFW: Is it possible to play on different PCs by my family members over LAN or Wifi? (or any other way)
We have no interest whatsoever to play against other people online, however the game looks fun, and we'd like to play it within the family - if at all possible.

Thanks.
Each player needs a personal copy of the game, and then you can create a private session on the server and play just with the members of your family\friends.
SergeiKlimov: Sorry, I don't get this. Where are these prices from? Which company is selling in USD into Germany?
IFW: Hello,

Thank you for being here - I actually have a question about the game itself :)

Is it possible to play on different PCs by my family members over LAN or Wifi? (or any other way)

Thanks.
Nope, you can't. As explained on the shop page:

"PLEASE NOTE: An internet connection and GOG Galaxy are required in order to access the multiplayer and single-player modes of Gremlins, Inc.The companion product Gremlins vs Automatons that is included with Gremlins, Inc. does not require any internet connection in order to play."

and:

"Gremlins vs Automatons – playable offline in single-player mode."
high rated
SergeiKlimov: [...] The way it works is that EU directive demands "one currency, one price". So as long as we sell in euros to Poland and Germany, Poland cannot have different price from Germany.

[...]

Sadly, there's no workaround, as long as we have the "single digital market" in Europe. Some things in Europe are great. This is not one of those ;)
SergeiKlimov: [...] (1) it's fairly easy to google, here you go:
https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/02/valve-bethesda-capcom-europe-antitrust-investigation/ [...]
I've not followed this discussion closely, but I fail to see how the article you linked to is what PaterAlf asked for. I assume you have a specific EU Directive in mind, so could you provide us with its number, please? Like PaterAlf, I too am not familiar with any EU Directive dictating anything like that, so would appreciate the chance to educate ourselves by telling us which one it is.

Thanks in advance.
moonshineshadow: Uh... GOG? Here on GOG you can either pay in US Dollar or in your local currency if it is supported, but the choice about that is on the customers side.
Sure you can switch between USD and EUR, however the price remains the same based on your actual location.

I'm based in Lithuania and when I change my currency to EUR, I get €7.49 on Gremlins, Inc. with 50% off.

When I change my currency to USD, the price is displayed as $7.92. Which is the same thing, just in different currency.

Meanwhile our price for the US is $15 and for EU is €15.

So can someone explain to me please, where is the idea that user can change the actual location where the sale is made to?
HypersomniacLive: I fail to see how the article you linked to is what PaterAlf asked for.
I quote from the link I listed above:

"The European Union, although a single market, contains diverse economies and currencies, with GDP per capita varying from around $95,000 down to $7,000, depending on the country. As such, video game publishers price their retail games differently in, for example, the UK and the Czech Republic. While this makes business sense, by geo-blocking these games publishers may be breaking EU competition rules, as they're preventing parallel trade within the single market."

The case is about publishers creating specific price regions in EU, and asking Steam to sell there "Germany-only" version and "Poland-only" version etc., which breaks the concept of the single market.
Post edited May 16, 2017 by SergeiKlimov
SergeiKlimov: Sure you can switch between USD and EUR, however the price remains the same based on your actual location.
That's correct. But you said developers only could set one price for each currency. I gave you examples for games that use different prices in Germany and Slovakia (both have the Euro as a currency). So either your statement was incorrect or a lot of publishers are in trouble.

And like you said, it doesn't matter if the price is in Euro or USD. It's only displayed as USD on Magog because it's more convenient than listing the regional prices in every available currency.

SergeiKlimov: The case is about publishers creating specific price regions in EU, and asking Steam to sell there "Germany-only" version and "Poland-only" version etc., which breaks the concept of the single market.
As far as I can see the problem isn't the different price in different regions, but the fact that they geo-lock codes that were already bought. If the problem would be different prices, you also wouldn't be allowed to set different prices for non-Euro countries that are part of the EU (because they are protected by the same laws).
high rated
SergeiKlimov: [...] I quote from the link I listed above:

"The European Union, although a single market, contains diverse economies and currencies, with GDP per capita varying from around $95,000 down to $7,000, depending on the country. As such, video game publishers price their retail games differently in, for example, the UK and the Czech Republic. While this makes business sense, by geo-blocking these games publishers may be breaking EU competition rules, as they're preventing parallel trade within the single market."

The case is about publishers creating specific price regions in EU, and asking Steam to sell there "Germany-only" version and "Poland-only" version etc., which breaks the concept of the single market.
With due respect, we seem to be treading in interpretation territory. I don't want to form an opinion, let alone express one, based on three lines of an article linking prices to geo-blocking that may be breaking EU competition rules. It'd all be simpler, and make things clearer, if you provided the EU Directive number, so we could go over the actual articles and clauses. But if you don't have it handy, or/and need to get it from your legal counsellor, it's ok to say so.
PaterAlf: games that use different prices in Germany and Slovakia (both have the Euro as a currency)
The only way how this could be possible (and I did not see any major publishers in the examples that you listed) would be if games priced at different prices within the EU zone would have no restrictions on trade/use, which means that anyone from higher-price region can buy the key from the lower-price region and use it.

Steam automatically does not allow cross-region gifting to minimise grey marketplaces (though there is an upgrade in that policy/UI as of last week). On a higher-priced product this wold effectively mean that anyone can pretend to be from Slovakia, and save some money.

The court case is based on taking this policy further: setting different prices and geo-blocking lower-priced keys form being used outside of the regions.
PaterAlf: If the problem would be different prices, you also wouldn't be allowed to set different prices for non-Euro countries that are part of the EU (because they are protected by the same laws).
This is not the case with different currencies as regional accounting happens separately due to fluctuating exchange rates. You can already see this with VAT, which is impossible to reconcile if you account internally in EUR but pay in, say, PLN, and conversion internally happens on the day of purchase while conversion actually happens on the day of payment of VAT.
HypersomniacLive: It'd all be simpler, and make things clearer, if you provided the EU Directive number, so we could go over the actual articles and clauses. But if you don't have it handy, or/and need to get it from your legal counsellor, it's ok to say so.
Feel free to explore by googling for "single digital market" and "geo-blocking + EU price policies" as a start. The topic is being shaped right now and there isn't a single answer to how this is going to be implemented, though already the first cases point to the actual policy re: "digital goods" and cross-border use.
Post edited May 17, 2017 by SergeiKlimov
SergeiKlimov: snip...
I can't find a way to make a succinct answer, and am feeling extremely tired right now (I can't focus really well on what I'd like to communicate). But I can say this about the last question you asked in your follow-up post: I lack knowledge about GOG's direction for the future (because there's a lack of communication on it), so I can't even begin to formulate any idea of what they might envision for the future of their company.

Thank you for the communications.
SergeiKlimov: The only way how this could be possible (and I did not see any major publishers in the examples that you listed) would be if games priced at different prices within the EU zone would have no restrictions on trade/use, which means that anyone from higher-price region can buy the key from the lower-price region and use it.
So you say it's not possible even when I gave you eight examples for games here that do exactly that? And I could give you many more (you might have noticed that I stopped at the letter C).

By the way, cross-region gifting and geo-blocking of gift keys isn't a problem on GOG. Whenever you buy a gift key, you have to pay at least the US base price.
Why the game is not available for Linux here on GoG ?
Why a game which supports Linux is available for this system on Steam AND not on GoG, i don't understand ?

An answer from @SergeiKlimov will be great.
Babaorheum: Why the game is not available for Linux here on GoG ?
Why a game which supports Linux is available for this system on Steam AND not on GoG, i don't understand ?

He did give an answer to that: the game requires galaxy to run and galaxy isn't available in linux. So you get to choose whether to blame the devs for making it online only or GOG for not giving linux support. Aren't you lucky?

Online DRM for Linux via Galaxy isn't ready yet.
high rated
P1na: He did give an answer to that: the game requires galaxy to run and galaxy isn't available in linux. So you get to choose whether to blame the devs for making it online only or GOG for not giving linux support. Aren't you lucky?
I choose to blame GOG for adding an always-online-even-in-single-player-with-separate-gimped-offline-mode DRMed game.

He already answered:

Klumpen0815: BTW: Where's Linux support?
SergeiKlimov: Gremlins vs Automatons supports Win, Mac and Linux OS.

Gremlins, Inc. supports only the OS that are supported by GOG Galaxy: Win and Mac.
Gremlins, Inc. is online only game (both single player and multiplayer) and requires GOG Galaxy to function. As there is no Linux version of the Galaxy client, they can't provide working Linux build. Gremlins vs Automatons does apparently have Linux build but is single player offline only.
Post edited May 17, 2017 by Petrell