It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ready to play dirty?

<span class="bold">Gremlins, Inc.</span>, a fierce digital board game where you must outmanoeuvre other gremlin businessmen at every turn, is now available on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

This is a gremlin eat gremlin world of ruthless capitalism, political power struggles, and opportunistic moves. Use cunning, subterfuge, and your conveniently maladjusted moral compass to navigate a steampunk universe of cut-throat profiteering, both in single-player and multiplayer.

Expand your experience further with the <span class="bold">Digital Artbook</span> or <span class="bold">Soundtrack</span>, plus the <span class="bold">Uninvited Guests</span>, <span class="bold">Astral Gamblers</span>, and <span class="bold">Automated Competitors</span> DLC.

The 50% discount will last until May 18, 13:00 PM UTC.

NOTE: The game supports Galaxy/Steam crossplay, GOG Galaxy achievements, and a fully functional mod Workshop, among other things.

When you buy this game, you get 2 products in your GOG Library: Gremlins, Inc. – playable online in single-player and multiplayer modes, with item drops; and Gremlins vs Automatons – playable offline in single-player mode.

Tinker with the trailer.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
Well, in this case only Gremlins vs. Automatons should qualify as a GOG game.
Regardless, Gremlins is only fun against human opponents, so I would not touch this with a ten-foot bargepole.
Mandatory online connection is quite unacceptable. Please don't taint GOG with Gremlins Inc.
GOG, where are your standards? This is DRM and you know it!
Post edited May 13, 2017 by jorlin
Skysect: I am sure even many people angry about locking out DLCs .
That does not correspond to our data.

Gremlins, Inc. came out on Steam in Early Access in October 2015 as a multiplayer-only game.

The game went into full release on Steam in March 2016 as an online-only version.

In the following few months, we created and released 3 character DLCs for Gremlins, Inc.

In March 2017, one year after releasing the game on Steam, we shipped (for free to all owners of Gremlins, Inc.) the game called Gremlins vs Automatons, which is the offline-specific edition offering single-player mode.

If someone wants to be angry at us for not spending dev time to create compatibility between the DLC system of Gremlins, Inc. and Gremlins vs Automatons, it's up to them. Some people are angry at anything.

Our dev focus is currently on new features, which will have more effect on the community's player experience than reworked compatibility of DLCs between 2 products, both of which are available to every member of the community – so no one is "locked out", really.
Skysect: I am sure even many people angry about locking out DLCs .
SergeiKlimov: Our dev focus is currently on new features, which will have more effect on the community's player experience than reworked compatibility of DLCs between 2 products, both of which are available to every member of the community – so no one is "locked out", really.
Completely false . I don't want to be harsh but %90 of GOG community doesn't interest with MP features and drops of this game . Once MP servers are shut down you could say goodbye to your DLCs . It's completely unfair .
Skysect: Completely false . I don't want to be harsh but %90 of GOG community doesn't interest with MP features and drops of this game . Once MP servers are shut down you could say goodbye to your DLCs . It's completely unfair .
Then don't buy DLCs. By the most part, their content is useless for the single-player mode (and GvA) anyway.

Plus, as you said, 90% of GOG players aren't interested in drops. So, they shouldn't be interested in DLCs then because their content is similar to what players might get as drops from the chests. It looks differently and doesn't repeat the stuff from the chests, but the categories are essentially the same: phrases, emoticons, backgrounds and so on.
Skysect: Completely false . I don't want to be harsh but %90 of GOG community doesn't interest with MP features and drops of this game . Once MP servers are shut down you could say goodbye to your DLCs . It's completely unfair .
Qfasa: Then don't buy DLCs. By the most part, their content is useless for the single-player mode (and GvA) anyway.

Plus, as you said, 90% of GOG players aren't interested in drops. So, they shouldn't be interested in DLCs then because their content is similar to what players might get as drops from the chests. It looks differently and doesn't repeat the stuff from the chests, but the categories are essentially the same: phrases, emoticons, backgrounds and so on.
OK thanks then . I shouldn't say anything after that :)
Qfasa: Then don't buy DLCs. By the most part, their content is useless for the single-player mode (and GvA) anyway.

This is ridiculous why do you threat single player users like third world citizens? It's really unacceptable I'm paying for these dlc's but they are behind DRMWALL. GOG is for drm-free games. I don't understand how GoG accepted this.....
cemacar: This is ridiculous why do you threat single player users like third world citizens? It's really unacceptable I'm paying for these dlc's but they are behind DRMWALL. GOG is for drm-free games. I don't understand how GoG accepted this.....
This is a single-player mode. Single. Player. One player against bots. Our DLCs are mostly designed to expand the communication between players in the multiplayer mode. As someone, who prefers single-player, you don't need to pay for DLCs, you can completely ignore them, your gameplay experience will be exactly the same.
Thank you to the developers for being active here, especially in the face of controversy. Your presence is appreciated!
cemacar: It's really unacceptable I'm paying for these dlc's but they are behind DRMWALL.
I'm not sure that I understand your concern here.

1) The character DLCs are specifically marked as being created for Gremlins, Inc.

2) Gremlins, Inc. is an online-only product that features multiplayer mode and single-player mode with item drops, mods and challenge ladders.

3) Why would you decide to pay for these character DLCs that were developed specifically for Gremlins, Inc. – if you have no desire/no possibility to play the very product for which they are designed, advertised and sold for?
Skysect: I don't want to be harsh but %90 of GOG community doesn't interest with MP features and drops of this game . Once MP servers are shut down you could say goodbye to your DLCs . It's completely unfair .
I'm not sure I really get what you mean:

It is unfair to develop multiplayer products with online features like achievements, mods, ladders and item drops?

Gremlins, Inc. is a digital board game that was designed with multiplayer and meta-game in mind. What exactly is unfair: that we developed a multiplayer game? So every multiplayer game is then unfair because if the servers are down, then that't the end of the story?

To address this risk, we created a special product, Gremlins vs Automatons, that does not depend on any connection to the servers and will be working 5, 10, 20 years from now (as long as OS does not change drastically).

I have a really hard time understanding your point, I'm sorry.
Skysect: I don't want to be harsh but %90 of GOG community doesn't interest with MP features and drops of this game . Once MP servers are shut down you could say goodbye to your DLCs . It's completely unfair .
SergeiKlimov: I'm not sure I really get what you mean:

It is unfair to develop multiplayer products with online features like achievements, mods, ladders and item drops?

Gremlins, Inc. is a digital board game that was designed with multiplayer and meta-game in mind. What exactly is unfair: that we developed a multiplayer game? So every multiplayer game is then unfair because if the servers are down, then that't the end of the story?

To address this risk, we created a special product, Gremlins vs Automatons, that does not depend on any connection to the servers and will be working 5, 10, 20 years from now (as long as OS does not change drastically).

I have a really hard time understanding your point, I'm sorry.
I could see you didn't understand what I wanted to say . It's very clear . For example Automatons looks really awesome . Isn't those DLCs giving extra customization for characters ? What's wrong if I want to use them for my offline game ? Drops are different . You said they are controlled by server . But DLCs ? You already bought them and already unlocked after install . Why you can't provide them ? I really don't understand your point . Content is already there and released your MP client . Saying "ignore it , you don't it" doesn't fix any problems .
Skysect: For example Automatons looks really awesome . Isn't those DLCs giving extra customization for characters ? What's wrong if I want to use them for my offline game ?
Gremlins, Inc. and Gremlins vs Automatons are two different products.

Different software. Different build revisions. Different code pipeline.

The character DLCs were created for Gremlins, Inc. and were released over a year ago, back when Gremlins vs Automatons did not even exist.

There's nothing "wrong" with you wanting to use DLCs for one software product with another software product, except that someone must spend dev time to make it happen, changing both software products so that the DLC system is working with both of them.

Given the dev time that this will require, at the moment we don't think it's a good investment of our team's dev time: the improvement in player experience will be minimal, and we have other new features in the pipeline, that will have a larger positive impact on a larger part of the player community.

I don't mind different people wanting different things from the game, what I'm puzzled about is how this discussion is using words like "unfair". What exactly is unfair? That we do not develop every requested feature? But this would be impossible. Someone wants a large font. Someone wants a small font. Someone wants a China-specific version. And we are a team of 5 people running a live ops product, which means we do have to prioritise where we invest our dev time.
---
NVM, already answered.
Post edited May 13, 2017 by Qfasa
cemacar: It's really unacceptable I'm paying for these dlc's but they are behind DRMWALL.
SergeiKlimov: I'm not sure that I understand your concern here.

1) The character DLCs are specifically marked as being created for Gremlins, Inc.

2) Gremlins, Inc. is an online-only product that features multiplayer mode and single-player mode with item drops, mods and challenge ladders.

3) Why would you decide to pay for these character DLCs that were developed specifically for Gremlins, Inc. – if you have no desire/no possibility to play the very product for which they are designed, advertised and sold for?
It's a DRM product being sold on a DRM free store, where the adverts say DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play......couldn't be more fucking wrong could it.
It would be simple for anyone to come here not read half the blurb and pick the game up on the basis that this is a DRM free store. You know, where people just bought a game here, didn't have to worry about two different versions.

I almost made that mistake.........glad i didn't, wonder if gog would of honuored a refund, Mmmm, not sure.
So tbh, most of the flack you now have levied at you stevie wonder could of seen coming.
Skysect: For example Automatons looks really awesome . Isn't those DLCs giving extra customization for characters ? What's wrong if I want to use them for my offline game ?
SergeiKlimov: Gremlins, Inc. and Gremlins vs Automatons are two different products.

Different software. Different build revisions. Different code pipeline.

The character DLCs were created for Gremlins, Inc. and were released over a year ago, back when Gremlins vs Automatons did not even exist.

There's nothing "wrong" with you wanting to use DLCs for one software product with another software product, except that someone must spend dev time to make it happen, changing both software products so that the DLC system is working with both of them.

Given the dev time that this will require, at the moment we don't think it's a good investment of our team's dev time: the improvement in player experience will be minimal, and we have other new features in the pipeline, that will have a larger positive impact on a larger part of the player community.

I don't mind different people wanting different things from the game, what I'm puzzled about is how this discussion is using words like "unfair". What exactly is unfair? That we do not develop every requested feature? But this would be impossible. Someone wants a large font. Someone wants a small font. Someone wants a China-specific version. And we are a team of 5 people running a live ops product, which means we do have to prioritise where we invest our dev time.
Arrgh . OK I am explaning one more time . It will be last one thoug . GOG community is very different than Steam . Firstly your point is wrong because you are thinking this community same as Steam . Many people even don't have internet access on their gaming rig or installing them all machines in their home . So many of them even won't touch Gremlins Inc. Because it's purely online game . We bought DLCs too because we hoped you will release it for offline product too . Say whatever you want for call it . You said with your own words they are same game . You can't lose anything and only difference are drops . Than you are saying they are very different products and we can't implement them for that game ? Sorry but your words are very very confusing . Of course other features are good . But I don't thinking this will consume a lots of time . You aren't updating your offline game too at same time with other product ? I got many updates on Steam for it . I can't believe those builds are very different . If it's really different then your words are lies ? Why I said unfair ? I am explaining again , because we already paid it and didn't intrest with online game . Even we won't touch it and can't use DLCs because it's only for Online builds . That sucks . Even I don't want to bother with humans for playing my game . I prefer AI bots . Why I have limited avatar choices ? I already bought those DLCs ?