It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ready to play dirty?

<span class="bold">Gremlins, Inc.</span>, a fierce digital board game where you must outmanoeuvre other gremlin businessmen at every turn, is now available on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

This is a gremlin eat gremlin world of ruthless capitalism, political power struggles, and opportunistic moves. Use cunning, subterfuge, and your conveniently maladjusted moral compass to navigate a steampunk universe of cut-throat profiteering, both in single-player and multiplayer.

Expand your experience further with the <span class="bold">Digital Artbook</span> or <span class="bold">Soundtrack</span>, plus the <span class="bold">Uninvited Guests</span>, <span class="bold">Astral Gamblers</span>, and <span class="bold">Automated Competitors</span> DLC.

The 50% discount will last until May 18, 13:00 PM UTC.

NOTE: The game supports Galaxy/Steam crossplay, GOG Galaxy achievements, and a fully functional mod Workshop, among other things.

When you buy this game, you get 2 products in your GOG Library: Gremlins, Inc. – playable online in single-player and multiplayer modes, with item drops; and Gremlins vs Automatons – playable offline in single-player mode.

Tinker with the trailer.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
blotunga: In the end everyone loses. We buy games only when they are deeply discounted and you guys have to wait two or more years to get our money. Or sometimes never as some people can't afford games (especially €60 AAA games), because the price of the game can be the equivalent of their monthly food budget.
There's a case in the EU court right now, which is often quoted in this context. It's against Bethesda and a few other companies. Essentially, they are charged with creating special Steam versions of game X, which is unavailable in certain countries (e.g. Poland) because for Poland there's another version of the same game, which has, say, only Polish language.

I'm not a fan of this kind of solution – I'd love to make the same product available in different regions with adjusted pricing, to accommodate for local purchasing parity – and it's a bummer that this practice gives actually more power the the proponents of "one currency, one product, one price" approach.
blotunga: Btw, Factorio is on GOG.
amok: you can also get it directly from the developers via Humble widget - https://www.factorio.com/buy
Which comes with a Steam key. Meh...
amok: you can also get it directly from the developers via Humble widget - https://www.factorio.com/buy
blotunga: Which comes with a Steam key. Meh...
and drm free...

"You can get a Steam key to own the game on Steam too, if you wish"
Post edited May 14, 2017 by amok
SergeiKlimov: Our new game is designed as a single-player experience. But it will have a special mode, Ironman, that will be online-only, because it will offer great new stuff that we designed to enhance the single-player experience.
bela555: What does Ironman mode mean?
* only one save slot, no multiple saves
* secure leaderboard (no cheating because the client is connected to the server)
* in-game items (through the server drops) that will allow you to change the game on the next replay

Essentially, we will reward the players that are able to finish the game without multiple save/try/re-load workarounds by granting them items that shortcut certain research phases on the next replay, which these players can trade on the market with other players (if so they want).

We respect every style of playing but with the open-world exploration game, we feel the need to have a specific "authentic" game mode as the sort of experience that we're after.
blotunga: In the end everyone loses. We buy games only when they are deeply discounted and you guys have to wait two or more years to get our money. Or sometimes never as some people can't afford games (especially €60 AAA games), because the price of the game can be the equivalent of their monthly food budget.
SergeiKlimov: There's a case in the EU court right now, which is often quoted in this context. It's against Bethesda and a few other companies. Essentially, they are charged with creating special Steam versions of game X, which is unavailable in certain countries (e.g. Poland) because for Poland there's another version of the same game, which has, say, only Polish language.

I'm not a fan of this kind of solution – I'd love to make the same product available in different regions with adjusted pricing, to accommodate for local purchasing parity – and it's a bummer that this practice gives actually more power the the proponents of "one currency, one product, one price" approach.
I would hate such a solution with only one language as I like to play my games in English.
blotunga: Which comes with a Steam key. Meh...
amok: and drm free...

Drm free on their site, which 5 years from now might not even be there... plus I'd have to remember another place I own a game besides the usual big distribution services. Too much hassle...
Post edited May 14, 2017 by blotunga
Klumpen0815: As I've said before, Eastern Germans on average have a lower income than most people in many European countries and it would still be even worse (like before) if the minimum wage law wouldn't have been introduced recently.
Now some of the other European countries have higher income than even Western Germans and yet you still won't stop about this here being the prime example of "rich people" which is simply nonsense.
There must be some personal gripe involved.
I did not want to comment on your previous message, but I guess I'll have to comment now.

When you compare groups of people, you look at the averages.

For example, in most countries women earn less than men for the same kind of job performed.

If I say that this is inequality, and you point me to an example of one woman who earns more than any man at the same job, this is not a real counter-argument.

You can check online the PPP value for different countries, and see where that stacks up Germany.

Germany is no.27 for 2016, below Australia and Sweden and Netherlands. But above Iceland, Denmark, Canada, Belgium, UK, France, Japan, etc.
amok: and drm free...

blotunga: Drm free on their site, which 5 years from now might not even be there... plus I'd have to remember another place I own a game besides the usual big distribution services. Too much hassle...
Via Humble Widget, so it goes on your Humble library....
SergeiKlimov: We're fully with you, as any other reasonable devs.

The way it works is that EU directive demands "one currency, one price". So as long as we sell in euros to Poland and Germany, Poland cannot have different price from Germany.

On Steam, there's no PLN, so we sell in euros, and end up not making sales since the game is too expensive. On GOG, we're able to offer PLN pricing, which is lower than European, which means we finally meet the demand for our game as it's finally offered at the right price.

With Romania and Bulgaria, the situation will be resolved once some platform starts supporting the local currencies (if there are local currencies). For example, Humble is huge, but they don't really offer PLN or even RUB. But if the currency is the same euro... then the EU directive makes it illegal to change the prices.

I live in Lithuania, which is substantially poorer than Germany. And yet we're unable to offer any discount to the local users as we sell in euros here. So we end up not picking up sales, users end up not picking up games. While it's actually different with the retail where you can offer a "Lithuanian box" and offer the special price.

Sadly, there's no workaround, as long as we have the "single digital market" in Europe. Some things in Europe are great. This is not one of those ;)
Klumpen0815: What is your personal gripe with Germany?
As I've said before, Eastern Germans on average have a lower income than most people in many European countries and it would still be even worse (like before) if the minimum wage law wouldn't have been introduced recently.
Now some of the other European countries have higher income than even Western Germans and yet you still won't stop about this here being the prime example of "rich people" which is simply nonsense.
There must be some personal gripe involved.
I was who brought up Germany. I did so because it's the largest eurozone country and the most important one. I could've mentioned France, but I don't like their language as much :P
blotunga: Drm free on their site, which 5 years from now might not even be there... plus I'd have to remember another place I own a game besides the usual big distribution services. Too much hassle...
amok: Via Humble Widget, so it goes on your Humble library....
I don't really like Humble for DRM free games. They are worse than GOG from lots of points of view. No consistency in the installers, no changelog, updates may or may not be provided. Besides, I like Galaxy and cloud saves are a nice feature for example.
Post edited May 14, 2017 by blotunga
SergeiKlimov: * No DLCs were developed for the offline edition, and we have no such plans. Our three character DLCs are multiplayer-focused to begin with.
Then the DLC should not be sold on GOG. Every item sold on GOG offers something DRM-free, something you actually own and can backup to your own device if you like. Mostly full games, sometimes only the single-player part of a game, DLC like soundtracks, wallpapers or artbooks. The only items offered for sale on GOG right now where you do not own anything, if you buy them, are the Gremlins Inc. DLC.
Again from the GOG frontpage: "On GOG.com, no matter if you are online or offline, you will never be locked away from your purchases." As soon as you shut down your servers, I will be locked away from my purchases of your DLC => not DRM-free => The DLC should not be sold on GOG.

Judging by you comments and how you belittle the critique directed towards your product, you do not seem to respect the customers desire to buy products without DRM, to actually own something in return for giving you money.

Ready to play dirty? Sums up your business ethics perfectly...
DoctorGOGgles: Judging by you comments and how you belittle the critique directed towards your product, you do not seem to respect the customers desire to buy products without DRM, to actually own something in return for giving you money.

I think he spat in all our faces as best he could in his position with this quote:
SergeiKlimov: Our new game is designed as a single-player experience. But it will have a special mode, Ironman, that will be online-only, because it will offer great new stuff that we designed to enhance the single-player experience. I don't really care about the piracy. I care about offering to players something great that they can have in our game, which wasn't even possible 10 years ago. And I'd love to see GOG evolving to embrace studios like ours, rather than shorten its release list only to the classic franchises.
It's like a giant "screw you" to the whole DRM-free crowd / us.
SergeiKlimov: * No DLCs were developed for the offline edition, and we have no such plans. Our three character DLCs are multiplayer-focused to begin with.
DoctorGOGgles: Then the DLC should not be sold on GOG. Every item sold on GOG offers something DRM-free, something you actually own and can backup to your own device if you like. Mostly full games, sometimes only the single-player part of a game, DLC like soundtracks, wallpapers or artbooks. The only items offered for sale on GOG right now where you do not own anything, if you buy them, are the Gremlins Inc. DLC.
Again from the GOG frontpage: "On GOG.com, no matter if you are online or offline, you will never be locked away from your purchases." As soon as you shut down your servers, I will be locked away from my purchases of your DLC => not DRM-free => The DLC should not be sold on GOG.

Judging by you comments and how you belittle the critique directed towards your product, you do not seem to respect the customers desire to buy products without DRM, to actually own something in return for giving you money.

Maybe some people want to play the Multiplayer and want the DLC. Why shouldn't they offer the DLC to them?
high rated
SergeiKlimov: snip...

I see a big problem with GOG losing that edge, and IMHO this is the thing that can kill the platform, eventually making it "one of" the many platforms like Gamers Gate that essentially are a forum with a store attached. Here's the thing: since the big transition from retail to digital, and the following transition to self-publishing (we're in a bundle on Steam with 5 other games, all of which are self-published, and the interaction within the group is very fast, and very direct) there's been one more huge change: transition from communication as PR to communication as community management, thanks to the Early Access approach.

...snap
Thing is, some people came here to have something different than Steam, and DRM-free is the biggest difference (for me) between the two. The way I read your post, you hope GOG will relax its views on DRM so developing for it (and offering a "better" experience to the player) would be easier for you (developers). Right now there are plenty of consumers here that don't want what you envision. I bought Gremlins not to encourage DRM, but the fact you (devs) took time to make a DRM-free offline experience of a game I might (or might not) like. While you like the online aspect for data collecting and "enriching" the experience, "we" / I don't. Because when developers or publishers or the store pull the plug we just don't have a game we paid for anymore for some "arbitrary" reason.

I value an offline DRM-free game WAY MORE than a multiplayer online game (I am not against multiplayer online games, but I don't like the trend you like). I'm sure there's plenty of people using GOG that don't care about DRM, but there's also plenty that do, and for which GOG is the last bastion of gaming. Once DRM-free is gone, so am I. So reading posts like yours never puts a smile on my face.
high rated
DoctorGOGgles: Then the DLC should not be sold on GOG. Every item sold on GOG offers something DRM-free, something you actually own and can backup to your own device if you like. Mostly full games, sometimes only the single-player part of a game, DLC like soundtracks, wallpapers or artbooks. The only items offered for sale on GOG right now where you do not own anything, if you buy them, are the Gremlins Inc. DLC.

blotunga: Maybe some people want to play the Multiplayer and want the DLC. Why shouldn't they offer the DLC to them?
Because it's DRM sold on a DRM-free store. If you allow this, you can argue that DLC protected with Denuvo is acceptable too if it is only for the multiplayer part.
DoctorGOGgles: Judging by you comments and how you belittle the critique directed towards your product, you do not seem to respect the customers desire to buy products without DRM, to actually own something in return for giving you money.

Klumpen0815: I think he spat in all our faces as best he could in his position with this quote:
SergeiKlimov: Our new game is designed as a single-player experience. But it will have a special mode, Ironman, that will be online-only, because it will offer great new stuff that we designed to enhance the single-player experience. I don't really care about the piracy. I care about offering to players something great that they can have in our game, which wasn't even possible 10 years ago. And I'd love to see GOG evolving to embrace studios like ours, rather than shorten its release list only to the classic franchises.
Klumpen0815: It's like a giant "screw you" to the whole DRM-free crowd / us.
So far, the developers in this thread have been quite civil and answered all questions quite nicely. Any spitting going on here is from the fanatics... and well as a lot of foaming around the moth. ...
blotunga: Maybe some people want to play the Multiplayer and want the DLC. Why shouldn't they offer the DLC to them?
DoctorGOGgles: Because it's DRM sold on a DRM-free store. If you allow this, you can argue that DLC protected with Denuvo is acceptable too if it is only for the multiplayer part.
I don't see how Multiplayer skins can be considered DRM. They are for Multiplayer....