It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There is a light that never goes out

Three brand new DLC packs that further enhance your zombie/parkour survival experience in <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Scaling buildings and kicking zombies in the teeth as a slick free-runner is pretty neat by itself but these DLCs will give your killing the extra flavour it deserves.

<span class="bold">Harran Ranger Bundle</span>: Deal with the local bandits in style with a new paint job for your buggy, new craftable bow and arrows, and a camo outfit so that they don't see you coming.

<span class="bold">Gun Psycho Bundle</span>: Unleash your inner trigger-happy headhunter with a mean character outfit, a craftable Marksman Rifle, and the Wasteland Cruiser paint job that will show everyone you mean business.

<span class="bold">Volatile Hunter Bundle</span>: Zombies get more fierce at night but now so do you with a fluorescent outfit, a selection of new close-combat weapons, and a fashionable paint job for your buggy.

Give your hit-and-run adventures some extra pizzazz with three DLCs for <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Zoidberg: Well then I wonder why it doesn't appear so... GOG's fair price package can't be trusted then ?
mrkgnao: One sees a "fair price package" only if one pays more than the base price. You pay less, so you don't see it. Someone in Australia should see it.
That's right. I get a "You'll receive 0.50 store credit for region pricing" message.
It sucks so much that GOG refuses me to buy this product just because I'm German while I could without any issues buy the Steam code and activate it without any IP check on Steam.
Actually, GOG became worse than Steam regarding region based discrimination. As if it wasn't enough that we have to pay the highest prices, now we're also forbidden to buy certain games.
And for smartypants who'd argue that the Game is indexed in Germany. First of all, this is highly questionable, as it wasn't even released in Germany (which also explains why it doesn't require a VPN for activation on Steam).
Secondly, even if it was on the Index, this doesn't mean that selling it to adults isn't allowed. It's just not allowed to advertise for it. But GOG shows me the advertisement and then forbids me to buy it. This it exactly the opposite of what the legal situation in Germany would require if the game was indexed.
i keep throwing money against the screen but it doesnt work... german problem i guess
Post edited April 20, 2016 by KillerBee69
nightcraw1er.488: So I have to ask, is this some sort of joke? I pay £33 when the game is release - and the game is pretty average - and then this kind of nonsense starts. Personally I brought the game to bash shit out of zombies (or as I like to call them, the general public), but lo and behold, thats not what its for. Playing dress up the player character for £2 a pop seems to be the way forward. Really getting very steam like here, was a 3 star game, this rubbish makes it 2 star at best. Avoid buying until big sale when the complete game is ready.
Just... y'know... don't buy them if they bother you so bad.
I already had the base "Enhanced Edition" wishlisted; and now I'm glad I didn't take the plunge.

While it may have been technically accurate to claim on the base game card, "This package comes with all the available bonus content.." (if, at that date and time, these new DLC's weren't yet out and available), it still smacks as, well, a smack in the face, for these DLC's to come out hardly a month later.

It's only worse when there's a <i>bit of a dispute</i> surrounding one of them.

While the above doesn't have me "write off the game"; it does have me "wait longer for a sale that includes actually everything" and not just technically everything based on date/time/angle at which you view the game page/what the magic 8 ball says/etc.

Just feels a bit disingenuous is all for this to play out as it has. No wonder I don't trust so-called AAA publishers.
nightcraw1er.488: So I have to ask, is this some sort of joke? I pay £33 when the game is release - and the game is pretty average - and then this kind of nonsense starts. Personally I brought the game to bash shit out of zombies (or as I like to call them, the general public), but lo and behold, thats not what its for. Playing dress up the player character for £2 a pop seems to be the way forward. Really getting very steam like here, was a 3 star game, this rubbish makes it 2 star at best. Avoid buying until big sale when the complete game is ready.
fortune_p_dawg: Just... y'know... don't buy them if they bother you so bad.
I already have paid full price for the product. This is a con, and seems to happen quite a lot on here now.

Edit, forums are playing up as well!
Post edited April 20, 2016 by nightcraw1er.488
nightcraw1er.488: I already have paid full price for the product. This is a con, and seems to happen quite a lot on here now.

You got the product that you paid for. These costumes aren't part of that, so if you want them you have to buy them separately. If you think they cost too much, wait for a sale. If you don't want to pay for them at all, then don't buy them.
Nice, added them to my wishlist! I still need to pick up the base game first, but it's currently out of my spending limit, so I'll have to wait until I get more money or for there to be a sale. Thank you GOG and Techland!
nightcraw1er.488: I already have paid full price for the product. This is a con, and seems to happen quite a lot on here now.

Marioface5: You got the product that you paid for. These costumes aren't part of that, so if you want them you have to buy them separately. If you think they cost too much, wait for a sale. If you don't want to pay for them at all, then don't buy them.
You seem to be missing the point. I don't want some idiotic costume DLC's, however what I am saying is that the whole deal is a complete ripoff. Maybe your happy to accept the steamification of this site, I am not. This is exactly the type of DLC I don't want to see here, nor the type of policy adopted by publishers here. Next thing you will be buying every individual texture, in drm format if these things are allowed to continue.
As for the actual product they are worth nothing.

you paid full price for a product. which the developer decided to then release some additions for. i don't understand why these additions should be free. besides, gog needs to stay somewhat competitive. they can't just let steam exclusively sell every piece of dlc that comes down the pipe. that's not being competitive, that's just throwing in the towel.
What worthless overpriced crap masquerading as DLC is this?
However you slice it, this is a hot, fresh-from-the-oven loaf of horseshit.

Awkiba: This is worthless DLC, so what is the patch for?
tremere110: Changeling says stability improvements plus a car loss bug fix and dlc support.
Well, you should never listen to changelings; they are fey, and mischievous, and like to lead you astray.
Marioface5: You got the product that you paid for. These costumes aren't part of that, so if you want them you have to buy them separately. If you think they cost too much, wait for a sale. If you don't want to pay for them at all, then don't buy them.
nightcraw1er.488: You seem to be missing the point. I don't want some idiotic costume DLC's, however what I am saying is that the whole deal is a complete ripoff. Maybe your happy to accept the steamification of this site, I am not. This is exactly the type of DLC I don't want to see here, nor the type of policy adopted by publishers here. Next thing you will be buying every individual texture, in drm format if these things are allowed to continue.
So, what, should GOG users just miss out on content then? Or should GOG refuse to sell new big games altogether? This type of DLC is pretty common these days, and thanks to the fact that development costs have increased while base prices have stayed the same I don't see that changing anytime soon. What exactly do you want done here?
nightcraw1er.488: You seem to be missing the point. I don't want some idiotic costume DLC's, however what I am saying is that the whole deal is a complete ripoff. Maybe your happy to accept the steamification of this site, I am not. This is exactly the type of DLC I don't want to see here, nor the type of policy adopted by publishers here. Next thing you will be buying every individual texture, in drm format if these things are allowed to continue.
y'know, you're right. gog should get rid of all the new games, the indie games, the dlc, go back to flat pricing, and top it off with a sale on the ultima series and the first two divinity titles.
Matruchus: Dead Island belongs to Deep Silver and not to Techland. As for Call of Juarez that one is certainly possible if Techland is for it.
Azhdar: Is there any reason why Deep Silver did not release Dead Island on GOG yet?
Why are you asking Matruchus? The only parties who know for sure would be Deep Silver and (maybe) GOG, and they wouldn't be able to talk about it.
Grargar's guess was a good one, but even that's still just a guess.