It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There is a light that never goes out

Three brand new DLC packs that further enhance your zombie/parkour survival experience in <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Scaling buildings and kicking zombies in the teeth as a slick free-runner is pretty neat by itself but these DLCs will give your killing the extra flavour it deserves.

<span class="bold">Harran Ranger Bundle</span>: Deal with the local bandits in style with a new paint job for your buggy, new craftable bow and arrows, and a camo outfit so that they don't see you coming.

<span class="bold">Gun Psycho Bundle</span>: Unleash your inner trigger-happy headhunter with a mean character outfit, a craftable Marksman Rifle, and the Wasteland Cruiser paint job that will show everyone you mean business.

<span class="bold">Volatile Hunter Bundle</span>: Zombies get more fierce at night but now so do you with a fluorescent outfit, a selection of new close-combat weapons, and a fashionable paint job for your buggy.

Give your hit-and-run adventures some extra pizzazz with three DLCs for <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
mrkgnao: With these four new "games", the catalogue is now just 9 shy of 1500. Will GOG be celebrating this semi-millennial milestone?
eiii: Did they even celebrate the 1000 games? As far as I remember I was rather disappointed they did not, but my memories may fool me.
They gave away presents (a GOG t-shirt and a cardboard shield) to the 50 users with the largest GOG libraries. And they announced the TW3 Expansion Pass.

I gave away my shirt in a GOG giveaway, which was won by tfishell (or actually, IIRC, by HereForTheBeer on behalf of tfishell).
mrkgnao: They gave away presents (a GOG t-shirt and a cardboard shield) to the 50 users with the largest GOG libraries.
Ah, right, I remember that. I was looking too focused for any kind of sale to celebrate the event.
HunchBluntley: If you mean the source of whatever bit you seem to be quoting above, then I've got no clue (though it sounds slightly familiar). I'll go out on a limb and guess Monty Python. :P
mrkgnao: Quite a limb.

Actually it predates Monty Python (it's from the At Last the 1948 Show), but it was written by Cleese/Chapman, I believe, and re-recorded by Monty Python and is therefore associated with them too. It's called The Bookshop Sketch and I consider it the funniest sketch of all time.

You can also find quite a few youtube videos of it.
Yeah...around these parts, not a hard guess to make. =D
Magmarock: I bought [Quake 1] and it came with the games original sound track but was then later patched out.
Really? :( I bought it here specifically to have the soundtrack with it. :( I suppose there's no way to get the original one back now?
Magmarock: I bought [Quake 1] and it came with the games original sound track but was then later patched out.
guppy44: Really? :( I bought it here specifically to have the soundtrack with it. :( I suppose there's no way to get the original one back now?
Probably not from GOG -- unless you bought it within a short time after release, downloaded the installer in question right away, and kept a backup of that early version, you'll probably have to track down a CD copy, or get it through other means. (For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the CD-ROM shareware version of Quake includes all the music from the full version of the game, so if all you want is the music to listen to, that should work just as well as anything -- though I have no idea if it's as easy to find as a lot of other shareware titles from that era.)
UhuruNUru: How do I define this, and all DLC, as worthless?
As you asked, I'll explain...
The voices in your head demand answers! Genius answers!

Seriously though, what the hell are you talking about dude? I actually read that entire post and I'm almost certain that I'm now dumber having read it.
Zoidberg: Well then I wonder why it doesn't appear so... GOG's fair price package can't be trusted then ?
mrkgnao: One sees a "fair price package" only if one pays more than the base price. You pay less, so you don't see it. Someone in Australia should see it.
Oh sorry, I mixed the prices, thought it was the other way around. :P

Damn, that shit is so annoying... pricing is really obscure here on gog... :/
hmm, seems like a waste of store space ... if every game here were to release 4 (oh wait 3 ;) worthless costume DLCs we'd have another ~4500 "games" in the shop now :D and ~1500 news items ;)

Soo, any chance gog could bundle these up into one item to save space? And maybe hide it for germans, that way at least one good thing would come from this censorship. ;)
mchack: hmm, seems like a waste of store space ... if every game here were to release 4 (oh wait 3 ;) worthless costume DLCs we'd have another ~4500 "games" in the shop now :D and ~1500 news items ;)

Soo, any chance gog could bundle these up into one item to save space? And maybe hide it for germans, that way at least one good thing would come from this censorship. ;)
Good thing there's not a limit on space then, huh? I'd much rather have separate DLC items sold separately than have them forced into a bundle just to "save space".
mchack: hmm, seems like a waste of store space ... if every game here were to release 4 (oh wait 3 ;) worthless costume DLCs we'd have another ~4500 "games" in the shop now :D and ~1500 news items ;)

Marioface5: Good thing there's not a limit on space then, huh? I'd much rather have separate DLC items sold separately than have them forced into a bundle just to "save space".
well, each to their own. But I like being able to actually click through each page of what gog offers which won't be reasonably possible anymore if we get spammed by dlc like those.
And I figure if someone likes stuff like this then they'd probably buy them all anyway...
Post edited April 21, 2016 by mchack
Marioface5: Good thing there's not a limit on space then, huh? I'd much rather have separate DLC items sold separately than have them forced into a bundle just to "save space".
mchack: well, each to their own. But I like being able to actually click through each page of what gog offers which won't be reasonably possible anymore if we get spammed by dlc like those.
And I figure if someone likes stuff like this then they'd probably buy them all anyway...
Adding an option to filter out DLC when browsing the store would be a good solution, I think.
Bit off-topic but something that did not get a news item but was released on the same day as these dlc:

Kerbal Space Program

Patch 1.1 (20th April 2016)

For the full list of changes, please visit: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/137335-the-grand-ksp-11-discussion-thread/

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program is “Turbo Charged” by the release of patch 1.1!

After almost a year of hard work our major update is finally here! In the package you’ll find a large boost in performance due to the upgrade to the Unity 5 game engine, 64 bit binaries for Windows and OSX that will help you mod the game to ridiculous lengths and the brand new KSPedia reference guide for all the information you need to play the game!

That’s not all though, here are some of the highlights for this patch:

All new user interface

The user interface has been rewritten from the ground up to take full advantage of Unity 5’s new integrated systems. The ‘parallel’ UI systems have been removed and the game now uses only one system, adding to the performance bonus the update already brings. Almost all interface elements have been redesigned and tweaked but have retained the familiar feel for experienced players. The most notable tweaks can be found in the map view, staging, IVA portraits and the right-click part menus.

KSPedia

KSPedia will be the primary source for information on just about anything in the game. New players will find the basics of building and flying explained here, and more experienced players can take in information about more advanced concepts such as docking, in-situ resource utilisation and all the information they need to plan a successful mission to the next planet or moon.
New tutorials and scenarios

The tutorials have been extended and reworked from the ground up. The new tutorials will cover topics ranging from basic and advanced construction and flight, to docking and landing on Mun. Learn how to execute the perfect gravity turn, orbit Kerbin and land the Eagle. New scenarios unlock advanced mission concepts to any player: use a spaceplane to re-enter the atmosphere and land it back on the runway at the Kerbal Space Center, return a craft without heat shield from Duna, or beat SpaceX at their own game by flying back the first stage of a rocket to the launch pad.
----
(haven't tried it myself but sounds a bit more news worthy than the costume dlcs to me...)
I don't mind that they sell such crappy cosmetic DLCs here (that's probably the price when they want to have AAA games in their store). But I'm a little angry that they make a big newspost about such worthless content while other developers that add similar and even better stuff for free don't get that kind of attention in most cases.
PaterAlf: I don't mind that they sell such crappy cosmetic DLCs here (that's probably the price when they want to have AAA games in their store). But I'm a little angry that they make a big newspost about such worthless content while other developers that add similar and even better stuff for free don't get that kind of attention in most cases.
The simple reason for this is that DLC counts as a new release for the store, whereas free updates do not. GOG has done news posts for major free updates before (less than a week ago they made one for Thea: The Awakening) but they have to draw the line somewhere.
Garbage skins and weapons are the opposite of what I'd like to see on a site called Good Old Games. Best change your name to Today's Overpriced Shit.