It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There is a light that never goes out

Three brand new DLC packs that further enhance your zombie/parkour survival experience in <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Scaling buildings and kicking zombies in the teeth as a slick free-runner is pretty neat by itself but these DLCs will give your killing the extra flavour it deserves.

<span class="bold">Harran Ranger Bundle</span>: Deal with the local bandits in style with a new paint job for your buggy, new craftable bow and arrows, and a camo outfit so that they don't see you coming.

<span class="bold">Gun Psycho Bundle</span>: Unleash your inner trigger-happy headhunter with a mean character outfit, a craftable Marksman Rifle, and the Wasteland Cruiser paint job that will show everyone you mean business.

<span class="bold">Volatile Hunter Bundle</span>: Zombies get more fierce at night but now so do you with a fluorescent outfit, a selection of new close-combat weapons, and a fashionable paint job for your buggy.

Give your hit-and-run adventures some extra pizzazz with three DLCs for <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
CharlesGrey: I agree.
mrkgnao: Perhaps even tree or for.
I hear tinyE is the guy to ask about that sort of thing.
UhuruNUru: How do I define this, and all DLC, as worthless?
As you asked, I'll explain...
djdarko: The voices in your head demand answers! Genius answers!

Seriously though, what the hell are you talking about dude? I actually read that entire post and I'm almost certain that I'm now dumber having read it.
I'll dumb it down for you.
These are simple re-skins, at most an adapted mesh or two, maybe worth 10 cents if it was all done fresh without reusing any existing content.

It took so little time and effort from the devs, it falls under the VFM of 1 single cent.
Therefore it's DLC using he standard set by CDPR, and thus Worth nothing at all.

Look at Hearts of Stone £7.99 from CDPR that's VFM content and an Expansion.
These three re-skins are £5.97, can you accept they are VFM = 75% of Hearts of Stone.

I can't they don't even reach the VFM of 1 cent, that makes them worthless and thus DLC.
HunchBluntley: Probably not from GOG...
Gydion: Check your facts.
For one thing, when I replied to guppy, I was assuming he was asking about getting the soundtrack directly from GOG already in the form of standalone files (such as the OGGs that were removed); as far as I know, the topic helpfully linked by Flaose (and which I already alluded to in my earlier reply to Magmarock, which I assume you didn't read) deals with (among other things) how to extract the music from the ISO included in one of the versions and use those newly-created (not GOG-provided) standalone music files in the game (or, alternatively, get the game to recognize the ISO as the physical disc and play music straight from that). (No, I haven't re-read all ten pages of that thread, but I feel comfortable in assuming no one has found any other ready-to-play standalone version of the soundtrack lying around in other folders of the game...and no, I don't consider an ISO to be ready-to-play.)
Moreover, was it really necessary to make one of your brusque "corrections" linking to a post which appeared immediately above another person's reply to me (and which I would have to have been half-blind to miss)? :/
HunchBluntley: ...(among other things) how to extract the music from the ISO included in one of the versions and use those newly-created (not GOG-provided)
Yes, I missed that.

HunchBluntley: (No, I haven't re-read all ten pages of that thread, but I feel comfortable in assuming no one has found any other ready-to-play standalone version of the soundtrack lying around in other folders of the game...and no, I don't consider an ISO to be ready-to-play.)
No need. There isn't anything new.

HunchBluntley: Moreover, was it really necessary to make one of your brusque "corrections" linking to a post which appeared immediately above another person's reply to me (and which I would have to have been half-blind to miss)? :/
I actually thought you might not have been aware of it. Clearly I was very wrong, and completely misunderstood what you were talking about. Doesn't the reply show up on a different page depending on the page settings? Anyway, I didn't know how closely you were following this thread. (Closer than me certainly)
Post edited April 22, 2016 by Gydion
Gydion: Anyway, I didn't know how closely you were following this thread. (Closer than me certainly)
It just irked me to see you make that rather haughty-sounding post with a link that was not only to an earlier post in the same thread (and it's not a tremendously long thread, if you started following it early), but one which actually reinforced, rather than refuted, what I had been saying. I am sorry if I jumped down your throat, but if you must go all "Check your facts. [link] [drops mic, walks away]", at least make sure you've checked your own first, and know the context of the discussion you're entering.
(This kind of thing is the exact reason why I usually don't post to a thread until and unless I've compulsively read the whole thing to date -- with obvious exceptions for long-running threads numbering in the hundreds or thousands of pages, or some exceptionally fast-moving topics, such as Insomnia threads.)

Gydion: [...] Doesn't the reply show up on a different page depending on the page settings? [...]
They shouldn't in this case. Flaose's post was #138, tremere110's reply that pinged me was #139; the only "posts per page" setting that's not a multiple of 10 is "15", which should still not divide those two particular posts.
UhuruNUru: I'll dumb it down for you.
These are simple re-skins, at most an adapted mesh or two, maybe worth 10 cents if it was all done fresh without reusing any existing content.
Wait, what?

Isn't it shortchanging the DLC's at least a little bit by ignoring that each one also adds "blueprints" for new weaponry?

Or are those also just simple re-skins? Or, useless weaponry?

(I'm not being a smartass here; it just looks like there's a wee bit more than just the paint jobs and outfits, and wouldn't that also play into the value equation?)
So GOG... When are you going to sell the base game in Japan? It's out on Steam. As it is, only selling the DLC in Japan and not the base game is all kinds of silly. While I expect such from Steam, surely you can be better.
guppy44: Really? :( I bought it here specifically to have the soundtrack with it. :( I suppose there's no way to get the original one back now?
HunchBluntley: Probably not from GOG -- unless you bought it within a short time after release, downloaded the installer in question right away, and kept a backup of that early version, you'll probably have to track down a CD copy, or get it through other means. (For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the CD-ROM shareware version of Quake includes all the music from the full version of the game, so if all you want is the music to listen to, that should work just as well as anything -- though I have no idea if it's as easy to find as a lot of other shareware titles from that era.)
Thank you for the reply. It's good to know about the shareware version. I never knew that. :)

guppy44: Really? :( I bought it here specifically to have the soundtrack with it. :( I suppose there's no way to get the original one back now?
Flaose: The CD image is still included with the game. All you need to do is mount the image with your favourite virtual-cd program, and you have full access to the soundtrack again. The Quake subforum has all of the details here: https://www.gog.com/forum/quake_series/quake_the_offering_music/post22
This is great news! Thank you for posting this. You've made me very happy. Have a great weekend! :)
guppy44: This is great news! Thank you for posting this. You've made me very happy. Have a great weekend! :)
Glad to help :) Have a great weekend as well!
HunchBluntley: Probably not from GOG -- unless you bought it within a short time after release, downloaded the installer in question right away, and kept a backup of that early version, you'll probably have to track down a CD copy, or get it through other means. (For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the CD-ROM shareware version of Quake includes all the music from the full version of the game, so if all you want is the music to listen to, that should work just as well as anything -- though I have no idea if it's as easy to find as a lot of other shareware titles from that era.)
guppy44: Thank you for the reply. It's good to know about the shareware version. I never knew that. :)
To be clear, I bought the shareware CD-ROM when it was brand-new; I have no idea if all later shareware versions included the original music (or if there even WERE any later editions -- shareware as a concept was already on the decline when Quake came out).
HunchBluntley: I am sorry if I jumped down your throat, but if you must go all "Check your facts. [link] [drops mic, walks away]", at least make sure you've checked your own first, and know the context of the discussion you're entering.
You are reading far more into that than what was put in it. Seriously, there was no mic dropping going on. I did check a few pages back by the way, after having read through initially, as it's unusual you would post something wrong. I did miss seeing your earlier post. With the additional context it's obvious what you meant there.
HunchBluntley: They shouldn't in this case. Flaose's post was #138, tremere110's reply that pinged me was #139; the only "posts per page" setting that's not a multiple of 10 is "15", which should still not divide those two particular posts.
No, right. I decided we were talking about Flaose's post yesterday. I was on fire.
Post edited April 23, 2016 by Gydion
Gydion: You are reading far more into that than what was put in it. Seriously, there was no mic dropping going on. I did check a few pages back by the way, after having read through initially, as it's unusual you would post something wrong. I did miss seeing your earlier post. With the additional context it's obvious what you meant there.
That's the main problem with communicating solely through text (especially in very terse messages, like you're fond of) -- there's an almost total loss of tone. One can come off like a jerk when only trying to be jocular, especially when the personality of the poster isn't known to the reader (and I don't know yours). (I realize some people really dislike emoticons/emojis/emotes/[etc.], but they are useful in broadly conveying tone in text.)

Anyway, don't worry about it -- like I said, it was annoying, but I was probably being oversensitive anyway. I just sometimes get a bit sick of all the "informational accuracy one-upsmanship" that takes place in geek culture (and, therefore, in this forum =D ). It's one of the reasons I do compose my posts so carefully -- so I don't have to fend off legions of correctors and nit-pickers (some generally helpful and friendly, such as Grargar and JMich; some...less so).
It ain't easy being cheesy.
Konrad: Sure thing. It seems that there was some miscommunication between us and Techland here, but I don't have all the details. We're pulling the DLC from sale right now, and we're pushing out another update that will restore the content.

We're talking to Techland to figure out how Crash Test should be handled, but no matter what we won't take it away from anyone who got it with the base game.
Any News about "Crash Test Skin Pack" DLC?
kbnrylaec: Any News about "Crash Test Skin Pack" DLC?
Yes.