It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There is a light that never goes out

Three brand new DLC packs that further enhance your zombie/parkour survival experience in <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Scaling buildings and kicking zombies in the teeth as a slick free-runner is pretty neat by itself but these DLCs will give your killing the extra flavour it deserves.

<span class="bold">Harran Ranger Bundle</span>: Deal with the local bandits in style with a new paint job for your buggy, new craftable bow and arrows, and a camo outfit so that they don't see you coming.

<span class="bold">Gun Psycho Bundle</span>: Unleash your inner trigger-happy headhunter with a mean character outfit, a craftable Marksman Rifle, and the Wasteland Cruiser paint job that will show everyone you mean business.

<span class="bold">Volatile Hunter Bundle</span>: Zombies get more fierce at night but now so do you with a fluorescent outfit, a selection of new close-combat weapons, and a fashionable paint job for your buggy.

Give your hit-and-run adventures some extra pizzazz with three DLCs for <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
I know I'll regret saying it, but I'd consider that ranger pack if the game ever goes for ~$20
Magmarock: Thanks for this by the way. Hate to be a bother but could you perhaps do the same for Quake 1. I bought it and it came with the games original sound track but was then later patched out.
HunchBluntley: GOG won't be able to do anything about that -- it was their mistake that it was ever included in the first place (Bethesda doesn't have a license to distribute the standalone Trent Reznor-composed tracks, so neither does GOG). But one of the versions of the game included in The Offering still contains the game disc ISO, and I believe there's at least one walkthrough in the Quake subforum about how to get the CD tracks from that (or maybe it's just to get the other version of Quake to read the tracks from that ISO -- I don't recall).
No harm in asking. :P
fade0ff: It sucks so much that GOG refuses me to buy this product just because I'm German while I could without any issues buy the Steam code and activate it without any IP check on Steam.
Actually, GOG became worse than Steam regarding region based discrimination. As if it wasn't enough that we have to pay the highest prices, now we're also forbidden to buy certain games.
And for smartypants who'd argue that the Game is indexed in Germany. First of all, this is highly questionable, as it wasn't even released in Germany (which also explains why it doesn't require a VPN for activation on Steam).
Secondly, even if it was on the Index, this doesn't mean that selling it to adults isn't allowed. It's just not allowed to advertise for it. But GOG shows me the advertisement and then forbids me to buy it. This it exactly the opposite of what the legal situation in Germany would require if the game was indexed.
No, GOG is not worse then Steam regarding regional pricing. Steam is much, much worse. When I buy games from GOG I get compensated for regional priced games and the same should happen with you. If not contact support.

Second I have zero understanding on German law but if what you're saying is true then again take it up with support.

If you know how to get around Steam IP check then you should know how to get around GOG's for it is a lot easier. GOG doesn't have the same kind of proxy detection that Steam has. Also if you're having trouble I can help you buy Dying Light if you wish.
Post edited April 21, 2016 by Magmarock
Nice little additions... Sucks to be Australian right about now. Looking forward to the day GOG gets it's own 33% discount.

nightcraw1er.488: They should mark the game as InDev, as apparently its not finished yet.
Marioface5: Releasing new DLC now means a game is unfinished. Okay. I assume that this applies to free updates as well then?
Yeah, didn't The Witcher 3 still have a big expansion in the works. By that standard, it must be waaaay in-dev.
Marioface5: So, what, should GOG users just miss out on content then? Or should GOG refuse to sell new big games altogether? This type of DLC is pretty common these days, and thanks to the fact that development costs have increased while base prices have stayed the same I don't see that changing anytime soon. What exactly do you want done here?
nightcraw1er.488: They should mark the game as InDev, as apparently its not finished yet. Yes, it may be common elsewhere, and the reason for that is that people not only allow this, and continue to pay for it, but actively defend these types of things like your doing now.

As for me, well I won't be fooled into handing a ton of cash over for part of a product again, already been burnt with the Final Cut, and this. Its all one big con now.
fortune_p_dawg: y'know, you're right. gog should get rid of all the new games, the indie games, the dlc, go back to flat pricing, and top it off with a sale on the ultima series and the first two divinity titles.
nightcraw1er.488: What on earth does that have to do with stopping blatent rip offs? Many new games and Indie games have appeared on here over the last few months, do you see many of them stripping out some assets to sell on? no, so why is this acceptable, its not.
it has plenty to do with it. first, you're only getting ripped off if you buy the content. second, and again, not selling the content at all would inevitably send people who want it to steam to get it and i do believe gog considers steam competition (massive, massive competition). third, this might be a bit of a triple-a indie game now, but it wasn't originally, so it's not fair to compare a many-tens-of-millions-dollar production like dying light to the vast majority of indie titles.

that said, I don't particularly like practice of releasing tiny chunklets of dlc at a time either (it does make my ocd tick a bit), however I do see it as a necessary evil. the way I see it, at least it's here so the people that want to get it here can do so.
Hmm. I wouldn't have bought the game if I'd known it wasn't the complete edition. I guess it's "complete" enough, but this kind of stuff used to be given for free. In fact, in some cases it still is.

It's an unpopular game on here because of its DRM, but in Diablo 3, every season you get certain achievements, you get free goodies including free skins and free blueprints. A season is a set number of months to lvl up, collect loot, and kill monsters, in no particular order.

I'm not saying D3 is better, just that at least Blizzard throws its customers a bone. Regardless of how tasty that bone is, it's still free.
What about those of us that already paid for the "free" DLC? Do we get an automatic credit or do we have to do the dance with support?
Post edited April 21, 2016 by Barry_Woodward
nightcraw1er.488: They should mark the game as InDev, as apparently its not finished yet.
Marioface5: Releasing new DLC now means a game is unfinished. Okay. I assume that this applies to free updates as well then?
Bug-fixing patches, too. =D
HunchBluntley: He only recognizes the Bigot-Troll International Dictionary & Thesaurus, 3rd Edition (published by Awkiba Press).
mrkgnao: C: The expurgated version.
P: The EXPURGATED version of 'Bigot-Troll International Dictionary & Thesaurus'?!?!?!?!?
C: The one without the Jews!

[Hopefully, you identify the source]
If you mean the source of whatever bit you seem to be quoting above, then I've got no clue (though it sounds slightly familiar). I'll go out on a limb and guess Monty Python. :P
If, on the other hand, you meant, "Where can I purchase my very own copy of the BTIDT3?", then I'm afraid (glad, actually) Awkiba possesses the only copy. (I admit to a bit of morbid curiosity myself, if only to see what the BTIDT3's source is for "Semitic = Arab AND ONLY Arab", as every other resource I've seen also has Hebrew and other languages classified as Semitic.)
mrkgnao: With these four new "games", the catalogue is now just 9 shy of 1500. Will GOG be celebrating this semi-millennial milestone?
Did they even celebrate the 1000 games? As far as I remember I was rather disappointed they did not, but my memories may fool me.
$3 to paint my jeep?

I'd like to meet the people that bought this game for sixty bucks, and then just shelled out nine more for jeep paint.

So I can kick them in the shins and blame them for everything wrong in the gaming industry.
Barry_Woodward: What about those of us that already paid for the "free" DLC? Do we get an automatic credit or do we have to do the dance with support?
it's like you have a gog collectors item now. It was a true limited edition, maybe even gog's shortest release ever! :-)
So, wait, these are just cosmetic without even so much as a new mission added to the game?
I don't blame GOG for this group of worthless content, this is one the problems with dealing with AAA publishers.

I know that CDPR and thus GOG, consider such crappy content as DLC, which to them means free added content.
If GOG has the power to refuse to sell DLC as defined by CDPR, whilst still selling the Core Game and Expansion Pack(s), again, as defined by CDPR, then I urge them to refuse to sell any DLC.
More likely it's a package deal, all or nothing, in these cases, I accept it's a minor sacrifice, to get any AAA games on GOG.
I don't need anyone to tell me, this is worthless crap. I can see that, it's offline micro transaction territory.

How do I define this, and all DLC, as worthless?
As you asked, I'll explain, it involves a lot of guesswork, and basic division, but stick with it and see where it leads.
I was surprised at how my views were changed after doing this.

This system is based on the basic understanding that the Original (Game, means the first full release) Game is actually worth the standard $60 price tag. This is obviously a subjective assessment with unknown variables and is given as guidelines for rating VFM (Value For Money) of all added content.

The first assumption is that the Game meets your own requirements for being a $60 VFM Game.
Next we must assess the number of TDH (Total Development Hours) that the Game required, to reach the level of quality VFM demands.

A harsher but possibly fairer method is to assess all games against the highest standard achieved, on the assumption that Quality and thus VFM is a bar, that is raised higher each time it's surpassed, and never get lowered.

This example will use this Standards Raised Never Drop, methodology, and for me that high point was set by The Witcher 3.

Assumption is that, The Witcher 3 has raised the quality standard, to a new high level.
We have a subjective assessment of the TDH that quality took to achieve.
We also have an Assumption of the Standard $60 price tag.

Given that nothing like exact figures are actually available, this next part is very inaccurate, but appears very precise, it's not as clear cut as it sounds. The method also uses the CDPR standards for defining what is worthless and what has some VFM above zero, this is:

DLC
All DLC has a VFM rating of zero or less, thus is worthless by definition

Expansion
Any Expansion has a VFM rating above zero, thus has a cash value.

We need to asses what the VFM rating actually is, and the fact the standard Price is $60 gives us an exact value for a single cent, that number is 1/6000 TDH.
Now we can use the Games TDH, and simply divide by 6000.

Purely as an easy example we'll say that is 10 hours per cent for the Witcher 3.
Now we can look at the offered additional content, and decide does it contain more than 10 hours of NEW work, of the same quality and thus VFM as the Game.

It's completely subjective unless wee actually know the exact numbers, which is very unlikely.
In contrast, using this method, it's simple to understand the basic principle of TDH against VFM

In the example
If the assessment is less than 10 hours of NEW quality TDH was needed.
The content is DLC and never worth buying.

If the assessment is more than 10 hours of NEW quality TDH was needed.
The content is Expansion and has some VFM, but how much.

This is where this methodology, imprecise as it is, starts to show it's true merits. It makes clear to an ordinary Gamer. just what is required to make the content have any VFM. Up to now the numbers seem reasonable, and a little abstract. Until we consider what it takes for $1 VFM, and then $10 VFM, this was when it pulled out the hidden sawn-off shotgun, and hit me, in the face, with both barrels.

Just how worthless all DLC is, and just how much NEW work is really needed, to make the content even a $1 VFM expansion

Well a price of $1 requires 1/60th of the TDH, for the example that is 1000 TDH
A price tag of $10 requires 1/6th of the TDH, for the example that is 10,000 TDH
The base games price of $60, for the example that is 60,000 TDH

Assuming a 40 hour week, that's 1,500 TDW (Total Development Weeks)
Assuming 50 weeks in a year that's only says 30 devs took a year to produce the game.

That's obviously unrealistic for The Witcher 3, but those numbers were chosen to make the example easier to understand, not be realistic Value. The Witcher 3 has set the standard to a new level.

That's why I call this DLC, and that makes it worthless by definition, the math is simple, the input values are very inaccurate, and yet despite the obvious deficiencies, it's opened my eyes in a way nothing else has done.
The results are a devastating condemnation of the old standards, when you look at where the standard has been raised up to, CDPR has met that standard so far.

My assessment is CDPR stand alone, far above all the rest, no other Publisher/Dev combo comes anywhere near.
DLC is simply worthless trash, and VFM expansions take many TDH to achieve.

This is DLC
Simply Worthless Trash.
Post edited April 21, 2016 by UhuruNUru
HunchBluntley: If you mean the source of whatever bit you seem to be quoting above, then I've got no clue (though it sounds slightly familiar). I'll go out on a limb and guess Monty Python. :P
Quite a limb.

Actually it predates Monty Python (it's from the At Last the 1948 Show), but it was written by Cleese/Chapman, I believe, and re-recorded by Monty Python and is therefore associated with them too. It's called The Bookshop Sketch and I consider it the funniest sketch of all time.

You can also find quite a few youtube videos of it.
Post edited April 21, 2016 by mrkgnao
Guys, it's going to be okay.