It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become the Ultimate Vampire!

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is now available for pre-order, DRM-free.

Written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 brings the ambitions of the first to life and sees the return of a few fan favorite characters.

Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity... or face the consequences.
ataraxium: I sort of get why you would preorder a game you're excited about, but this far in advance? And preordering the season pass this far in advance of a game you might not even enjoy? That's crazy to me, you got to be privileged to be that reckless with your money.
Well first, it is the Sequel to Bloodlines, a RPG that is so loved that first after Paradox bought the licence Activision knocked at their door and wanted to be enlighted how it can be, that an century old game is still such a bestseller?
Second until the end of the month GoG has still the fair price package so instead of 90€ it will cost only 79,49€ which you will get not until maybyearliest at christmas sale which means those who are sure to play on Day 1 are better on preordering now.
Third We are happy to have it on GoG and after the Epic Metro Furror you ca not be sure if there will be some exclusive deal so pre order now and storno later if it turns out to flop.
Sorry, VtM is great, but I can't celebrate a game with multiple preorders packages available a whole year ahead of release and pulished by Paradox - which means the completed game will probably come out 3 or 4 years after release and cost many times as much.

This is will probably be a great purchase - circa 2024.
sasuke12: I so much enjoyed fighting humans, vampires, super vampires, zombies, demons, ghosts, werewolves, gangs in the first game. It was a perfect vampire game.

Unfortunately I am hearing bad things about the developers of this game and how they have purposely injected a ton of politics into the game.

www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/03/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-gets-woke-with-pronouns-modern-day-politics- masculine-subversion/80691/
Oh.

Unwishlisted then.
sasuke12: I so much enjoyed fighting humans, vampires, super vampires, zombies, demons, ghosts, werewolves, gangs in the first game. It was a perfect vampire game.

Unfortunately I am hearing bad things about the developers of this game and how they have purposely injected a ton of politics into the game.

www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/03/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-gets-woke-with-pronouns-modern-day-politics- masculine-subversion/80691/
Yeah a very short amount of time researching it shows me it will likely be terrible. It depends on just how far they go down that path.
The first game was made by "Troika Games". The amazing devs that created a masterpiece called "Arcanum".

Now the second game is being made by Paradox. lol that's it.

If you really think this game is going to be good, you don't know Paradox. One thing you can be sure about, it's the insane amount of overpriced DLC. You can count on that!

All the best!
Are you guys for real?
Lemon_Curry: I love the fact that you don't mention the name of this gifted (supposedly) human being anywhere. It really inspires confidence in the final product!

- - -

Edit: Ah, it's Brian Mitsoda. Cool!
Swedrami: + Chris Avellone
Okay, NOW they have my attention. Not necessarily my money yet, but Chris is one of my favorite games writers.
HoodedWhisperer:
Cavalary: What I got from your reply was that Paradox released a buggy mess of a game and seven years later it may still not actually be complete and ready to be played for someone who just wants to play a complete game.
sasuke12:
Cavalary: Ok, read that, personally neutral regarding the specific points made by that article but thinking it's good that those options exist for those who want them, as for the general thing of it being "political" and dealing with real world issues instead of just WoD politics, think that can potentially be a great thing actually, if done well... And very frustrating if not. So we shall see.

Speaking of articles, decent one on RPS. This seems weird though: "You actually start as a thin-blood this time, a watered down kind of vampire. The americano to their espresso, if you will. You have to work your way up to full clan status. But you still get awesome vampire powers as a thin-blood, although at the start you can only choose from three: you can turn into fog, fly as a cloud of bats, or use telekinesis."
So you don't start in a clan but sort of generic and then... develop into a clan? Wouldn't that be in the blood, with the powers that come with it? Also, those starting powers seem far too... fantastic to me. The first game was far more... reasonable with it, even with the Tremere blood magic.
For all we know, though, it's possible that like the original, maybe they're simply planning on satirizing things, much like the news casts, radio commercials, etc. Which brings me a new question: will there be Deb?
Post edited March 22, 2019 by LiquidOxygen80
high rated
My personal reactions, in order of occurrence:

1. New VtM:B game? PRAISE POTATO!
2. Hmm... them's big boots to fill. Wonder who's the development studio.
3. Well, haven't heard of them so far, but that's not unusual nowadays in the industry. Doesn't mean the game won't be g-
4. Publisher: PARADOX?
5. PARADOX?!
6. *checks the rest of the page* Paradox release for sure. Pre-order DLC, tiered releases with even moar EA-like milking... god-damn.
7. Meh.

Sorry, no matter how good this looks and sounds I'm unlikely to bother buying long past release day. Just in case P-dox pulls its usual DLC milking practice with core contents of the game, or some other usual shenanigans of theirs.

To think I used to buy Paradox titles on release. Alas, tempora mutantur... and so do, unfortunately, successful companies.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Lukaszmik
HoodedWhisperer: [..] Holy crap, [..]
Cavalary: If this wasn't sarcasm, damn. [..]
I was tempted to answer myself, but you already nailed it, Cavalary ;-) Thanks +1
low rated
lol, hasnt been anounced for 24 hours and already triggering the transphobes, might just preorder :P
falloutttt: The first game was made by "Troika Games". The amazing devs that created a masterpiece called "Arcanum".

Not Paradox, Hardsuit Labs, former Zombie Studios. They made a F2P cyberpunk FPS game, Blacklight: Retribution, which seems to have been well received at first, although some criticized it for being generic, and has mixed reviews now because it's dead and because the devs supposedly didn't really communcate with the community as much anymore when Zombie Studios became Hardsuit Labs. Not that this inspires any more confidence that they're the right team for the project. But it seems the author of the story is the same one that wrote the story of VTM:B (maybe that's why it sounds so familiar ... XD).

EDIT: Actually, this has already been pointed out by Kakarot96, and probably others before.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Leroux
kotcore: lol, hasnt been anounced for 24 hours and already triggering the transphobes, might just preorder :P
Well, well someone can read minds i see because there can't possibly be any other reason for disliking the modern politicization of games.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
falloutttt: The first game was made by "Troika Games". The amazing devs that created a masterpiece called "Arcanum".

Leroux: Not Paradox, Hardsuit Labs, former Zombie Studios. They made a F2P cyberpunk FPS game, Blacklight: Retribution, which seems to have been well received at first, although some criticized it for being generic, and has mixed reviews now because it's dead and because the devs supposedly didn't really communcate with the community as much anymore when Zombie Studios became Hardsuit Labs. Not that this inspires any more confidence that they're the right team for the project. But it seems the author of the story is the same one that wrote the story of VTM:B (maybe that's why it sounds so familiar ... XD).

EDIT: Actually, this has already been pointed out by Kakarot96, and probably others before.
You are absolutely right, comrade Leroux!

But to me, it doesn't matter if Paradox is the publisher or the developer, anything related to Paradox seems to turn into s**t, well of late.
kotcore: lol, hasnt been anounced for 24 hours and already triggering the transphobes, might just preorder :P
ChrisGamer300: Well, well someone can read minds i see because there can't possibly be any other reason for disliking the modern politicization of games.
There can, but filling articles trying to adress these problems with conspiracy theories, alt-right speech and loaded words like SJW certainly doesn't help to make any valid concerns be taken seriously by anyone other than the people with the same political mindset. Pretty ironic demanding to keep politics out of it, in that context.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Leroux
i_hope_you_rot: Please stop the false advertising and remove this game from the bestselling list . I don't believe people are buying the most expensive version of the game without any information about its system requirements .
I think you are putting too much faith in humanity. ;-p