It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become the Ultimate Vampire!

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is now available for pre-order, DRM-free.

Written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 brings the ambitions of the first to life and sees the return of a few fan favorite characters.

Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity... or face the consequences.
HoodedWhisperer: I hope so.

Paradox has a great DLC policy in which they release free updates and optional expansions. They've already confirmed an expansion and two story packs I think.

Why are you so mad about games constantly getting bug fixed and updated? People are just so strange.

Holy crap, this is so exciting.
Cavalary: If this wasn't sarcasm, damn. The problem with constant bug fixes is that they imply constant bugs for a long time. The problem with content updates, even free ones, is that it takes a long time to have the actual full game and be able to play it properly, so for anyone who wants that it's like it'll only really get released years after the actual release. The problem with the Paradox model of tons of PAID DLC is that, on top of the issue with lots of content added later in little chunks in itself, the price of the full game goes through the roof, and Paradox games have insane prices to start with, this one included.
Nope, not sarcasm. I legitimatly love their DLC/update model and think it's one of the best in the industry. Someone could go buy just the base game of CK2 and rather than have an antiquiated, buggy mess from 2012, they'd get a game that's had free (and paid) updates all the way until 2019 that additionally has more content per value than when it was released! That's intense!

Not to mention that in Stellaris MP, only the host needs the DLC for everyone in the game to have access to it. That's pretty sweet. =D
sasuke12: www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/03/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-gets-woke-with-pronouns-modern -day-politics- masculine-subversion/80691/
thnak you for the link, and if that is true... no thank you.
but time will tell i guess, and i hope the tale told is better than what is written on that site.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by sucht
Well, at least they're upfront about their stance on certain issues.

Stances with which I happen to agree with, so I'm still looking forward to the new Bloodlines. :D
HoodedWhisperer:
What I got from your reply was that Paradox released a buggy mess of a game and seven years later it may still not actually be complete and ready to be played for someone who just wants to play a complete game.
sasuke12:
Ok, read that, personally neutral regarding the specific points made by that article but thinking it's good that those options exist for those who want them, as for the general thing of it being "political" and dealing with real world issues instead of just WoD politics, think that can potentially be a great thing actually, if done well... And very frustrating if not. So we shall see.

Speaking of articles, decent one on RPS. This seems weird though: "You actually start as a thin-blood this time, a watered down kind of vampire. The americano to their espresso, if you will. You have to work your way up to full clan status. But you still get awesome vampire powers as a thin-blood, although at the start you can only choose from three: you can turn into fog, fly as a cloud of bats, or use telekinesis."
So you don't start in a clan but sort of generic and then... develop into a clan? Wouldn't that be in the blood, with the powers that come with it? Also, those starting powers seem far too... fantastic to me. The first game was far more... reasonable with it, even with the Tremere blood magic.
low rated
Please stop the false advertising and remove this game from the bestselling list . I don't believe people are buying the most expensive version of the game without any information about its system requirements .
i_hope_you_rot: Please stop the false advertising and remove this game from the bestselling list . I don't believe people are buying the most expensive version of the game without any information about its system requirements .
Ofc they would, you have far too high thoughts about most "gamers" and the majority of shitty practices in the videogame industry exists because people accept them so they can't be the brighest bunch to begin with.

Many people can be burned dozens of times and never learn.
I wishlisted the gane, but I'll wait with the purchase until we know more about the game. Besides, I have a feeling I'll want a better gaming rig than the laptop I use currently. I can just about play Resident Evil 2 at an adequate enough frame rate, but even that is kinda pushing it.
i_hope_you_rot: Please stop the false advertising and remove this game from the bestselling list . I don't believe people are buying the most expensive version of the game without any information about its system requirements .
Why not? that's what Pre-orders are all about. If people didn't fall for such blatant false marketing, nobody would ever preorder.

First note of caution, Paradox Interactive are the Publisher, and I don't trust them at all.
2nd, this gives no actual information about the game, not even the genre.

Much as I'd like a VTM sequel, too be a great single player RPG, I'll reserve judgement until the games actually released, and I can see whether or not this is a cash grab, or a game worth my time, and money.

Wake me up in a years time, and I'll take a look at it..
Post edited March 22, 2019 by UhuruNUru
Cavalary: Ok, read that, personally neutral regarding the specific points made by that article
Stone the brainwashed Centrist™! Everyone with common sense should be outraged by them!
I sort of get why you would preorder a game you're excited about, but this far in advance? And preordering the season pass this far in advance of a game you might not even enjoy? That's crazy to me, you got to be privileged to be that reckless with your money.
Cavalary: Speaking of articles, decent one on RPS. This seems weird though: "You actually start as a thin-blood this time, a watered down kind of vampire. The americano to their espresso, if you will. You have to work your way up to full clan status. But you still get awesome vampire powers as a thin-blood, although at the start you can only choose from three: you can turn into fog, fly as a cloud of bats, or use telekinesis."
So you don't start in a clan but sort of generic and then... develop into a clan? Wouldn't that be in the blood, with the powers that come with it? Also, those starting powers seem far too... fantastic to me. The first game was far more... reasonable with it, even with the Tremere blood magic.
Consuming your elders here we come. What I take away from that is you pick your clan after a starting section. Provided there is the free ability to save the game a replay could skip the intro. (Or just make it a game option given how important replays will be to this game) Not the worst way to handle it. Particularly since drinking your betters would automatically create more story from the get go. Something to worry about being caught out on and so forth.
It's wishlisted but nothing more so far even though I loved Bloodlines. There are three big flaws for me.

First: It is a full price game but no multilanguaged voice? For this price I expect at least the usual 5-language support.

Second: One full year before the game is released but they already announce at least 3 DLC? When EA announced Mass Effect 3 there was at least a minimal rant why they offer DLC before the game was out. It's the same situation here and it seems they keep content out of the main game to sell even more which leads me to number 3.

Third: 60 Euro and you don't even get the full game. Add 50% more for that.
£50.99 here for a game that does not even exist.

Total insanity, I can't actually believe anyone would touch this with a barge pole.

I don't blame gog for this, I blame heedless consumers.
high rated
My reply was lost in the limbo it seems so i will try to post it again (just a summary)

1-This is developed by Hardsuit Labs (Blacklight Retribution free-to-play mmo shooter and PS games) not by Paradox. There is a tiny note in tiny letters in the store page, down below after the copyright Paradox...etc) Pdox bought 33% of Hardsuit Labs last year but, apparently, they were already developing the game. As Pdox bought White Wolf in 2015 and has the licenses for Vampire, i wonder if they had already a deal before the purchase or if Hardsuit Labs were not really developing this game before that (their website still says unrevealed project, developing since 2017, before Pdox made the purchase)

2-Prices are crazy and i don't really know who the devs are. The only pc example i can see (Blacklight) gives me little hope for what to expect. Look at what Gearbox did with We Happy Few. We publish the game? Ok, then it should cost 59,99, nothing less. Actual ratings count the price, ofc, you need to offer more if your game is more expensive, but We Happy Few was originally valued by the studio at 27 euros. Also, 1 year pre-order!!

3-Season pass: Given what Pdox is doing lastly (see the new Battletech DLC 3,99 euros for 1 skin, which btw i, as a high tier original backer of the game don't have and cannot access anyway unless logged online -constantly- on Paradox site) i doubt the 2 dlc's offered in the higher tier (90 euros!!!) will be the only dlc's for the game. Also, remember that 1 year pre-order is just for the base game. To amortize the season pass can be another 5-6 months added to that year.

4-Expect that extras from higher tiers not to be DRM-free for us to access, we will have to pass first the auth Pdox server to be able to use them/see them in game.

5-Being on GOG and having Brian Mitsoda and Chris Avellone on board are the only (and the best) news for now, imo. Pdox publishing is scaring and not good news, also imho.

I love World of Darkness. Books, rpg and also games but it will be better for my mental sanity to wait and see after release. I do not want another 25 euros game with this prices, bugged, unfinished and unfriendly for GOG users in case we pay for extras that are not free for us to use.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Kakarot96
ChrisGamer300: Ofc they would, you have far too high thoughts about most "gamers" and the majority of shitty practices in the videogame industry exists because people accept them so they can't be the brighest bunch to begin with.

Many people can be burned dozens of times and never learn.
Maybe we can start a " Dumb ways to buy " thread .