It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become the Ultimate Vampire!

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is now available for pre-order, DRM-free.

Written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 brings the ambitions of the first to life and sees the return of a few fan favorite characters.

Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity... or face the consequences.
AlexTerranova: I think, that is a good idea for a trilogy. However, combining all three sections in one game would require too much resources. Each of them needs its own set of assets and gameplay mechanics.

I would also like to see non-overused times and locations.
Redemption already had two of these.

The story starts in Prague in the middle of a war, then they go to Vienna - which is a very different setting. In the end they return to Prague where the main character gets incapacitated, wakes up several hundred years later in modern London, after being excavated and brought there for study. Now his adversaries use guns and have modern armor. But of course old tactics and magic still work as well.
Post edited June 08, 2023 by neumi5694
neumi5694: Redemption already had two of these.
Sure, but I'd rather play several detailed and focused games.
AlexTerranova: Sure, but I'd rather play several detailed and focused games.
Well, that's your decision, but you are missing out on a great game.
neumi5694: Most other Masquerade game (Coteries, Shadows, Swansong) are set in the same setting as Bloodlines, right?
AlexTerranova: Vampire: The Masquerade ( alongside Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Mage: The Ascension ) are sub-settings of the World of Darkness.

Bloodlines, Redemption and those visual novels are mutually unrelated games / series within Vampire: The Masquerade sub-setting.
Thanks.
Post edited June 08, 2023 by neumi5694
neumi5694: but you are missing out on a great game
I'm talking about ideas of new projects in this setting, yet to be developed. ;)
Redemption was originally planned to involve more historical settings. Between medieval and modern times there was supposed to be in fact Victorian era I believe, and then also WW1 or WW2 period. But it was scrapped because such project turned out too ambitious for single game and with no guarantee for sequel they had to close the story like that.
Post edited June 08, 2023 by ssling
NuffCatnip: After all that's happened I fear another Duke Nukem Forever situation.
Hiring a dev team that isn't familiar with making RPGs, firing key staff, changing developer studios...
I actually liked DNF. Apart from it being a Steam exclusive, all in all, I thought it was a fun shooter with a decent amount of Duke humour in it.

I'm still waiting for Bulletstorm Remastered with the Duke patch to come here.

Weird the messaging on the refunds though - I suspect they're junking the physical version. I'd imagine that they haven't had many pre-orders otherwise offering a refund (and proactively refunding in some cases) just wouldn't be affortable.
AlexTerranova: I'm talking about ideas of new projects in this setting, yet to be developed. ;)
Then you might miss out on great games yet to come :P
Hope this means that Gangrel and in particular Nosferatu are playable clans from the beginning again.

Possibly maybe no more Elif and Front&Center Cleaver Guy (Vandal Cleaver?) then either, since the physical Collector's Edition got scrapped entirely.
https://i.imgur.com/9mPJtIS.jpg
Post edited June 08, 2023 by Yigdboz
Yigdboz: Front&Center Cleaver Guy
Not so front and center anymore indeed.
Don't think he got scrapped alongside the CE though, especially with how he was the "poster boy" and thus should (still?) have too much significance to the story to get axed entirely.
I refunded it when news first hit.

And, hey, the BS around Chris Avellone has resolved. But has the game development stabilized to progress? Is it still in a active progress?
pds41: I actually liked DNF. Apart from it being a Steam exclusive, all in all, I thought it was a fun shooter with a decent amount of Duke humour in it.
Maybe some day I'll be able to play DNF. It's the one game I would have violated my DRM-free policy for if it had come out before my dad had died, because he loved Duke3d, and it's one of the few things we ever bonded over. (He'd play, as I taught him, keyboard-only. With his 2.5 remaining fingers on his one hand [other hand was fine].)
Post edited June 08, 2023 by mqstout
bluethief: It's possible that it might not being developed by Harebrained Schemes at all.

Another rumour suggests that The Chinese Room is actually the developer: https://www.theloadout.com/bloodlines-2/developer-the-chinese-room
That should be The Chinese Room off of the list then.
Unless they're doing both VtM: Bloodlines 2 and this.
bluethief: It's possible that it might not being developed by Harebrained Schemes at all.

Another rumour suggests that The Chinese Room is actually the developer: https://www.theloadout.com/bloodlines-2/developer-the-chinese-room
Swedrami: That should be The Chinese Room off of the list then.
Unless they're doing both VtM: Bloodlines 2 and this.
They said we'll get an update in September, so I believe that's when we'll get to know who the developer is.
bluethief: They said we'll get an update in September, so I believe that's when we'll get to know who the developer is.
If it wasn't all real, this would sound like a excellent joke.
bluethief: They said we'll get an update in September, so I believe that's when we'll get to know who the developer is.
neumi5694: If it wasn't all real, this would sound like a excellent joke.
I hope the joke will be on us for not believing. I really hope the game, despite all the development troubles, turns out to be great. Bloodlines is a special game, fingers crossed the sequel will be too.
bluethief: I hope the joke will be on us for not believing. I really hope the game, despite all the development troubles, turns out to be great. Bloodlines is a special game, fingers crossed the sequel will be too.
Call me a cynic, but has any game with such a troubled development that jumped development teams multiple times, and rebooted multiple times really worth hoping for?