It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become the Ultimate Vampire!

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is now available for pre-order, DRM-free.

Written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 brings the ambitions of the first to life and sees the return of a few fan favorite characters.

Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity... or face the consequences.
It's getting worse and worse.
Only 4 clans at launch and 2 more later down the line you have to pay for, simply laughable. The animations look stiff and the dialogue doesn't come close to the og Bloodlines. These people don't do the first game justice, quite sad.

I could continue with more flaws for a while, like not being able to role play in an RPG, but meh, that'd be too depressing. :P
Post edited November 01, 2023 by NuffCatnip
At this point, I wish it wouldn't be called Bloodlines 2.

I wish it had a different subtitle - like say VTM: The Darkest of Nights, just to make an example here. For it to be its own thing, I think would help the game: just let the game breathe and do its own thing without worrying about all the expectations and greatness we'd expect from game labeled Bloodlines 2.

Especially since it does sound quite a bit different than Bloodlines 1 already - BL2 has already different type of theme music they release, a voice protagonist, and other things that don't sound BL1 enough to suit me for a true sequel.
The main character’s name is Phyre as in vam-phyre?

*sigh* I guess it’s better than Coach Feratu or Dr. Acula.
I think most elders would consider a name change if that was their actual name.
It's pronounced with a "F" sound, like in "Pharao", basically "Fire" but spelled a little more old-timey.
Check the linked video for a couple snippets showcasing the alpha dialogue system.

Also looks like they only changed the face of Lou Graham but kept all the other Christina Hendricks-inspired characteristics of the model intact, I approve.
tremere110: The main character’s name is Phyre as in vam-phyre?
[...]
In English "ph" is pronounced "f" (fonetically indicated by /f/) . It comes from the greek letter Phi , which is pronounced "/f/i" today. Though it started out as a more hard "p" sound with more air exhaled after the sound, it over time warped into the "f" sound we have today.

so what you are saying here in English pronounciation is "vamfyre"
Post edited November 02, 2023 by amok
Swedrami: In addition to these four clans, an additional clan will be made available via DLC. A sixth clan will appear in a unique, standalone DLC.
Sounds like Paradox all right...
tremere110: The main character’s name is Phyre as in vam-phyre?

*sigh* I guess it’s better than Coach Feratu or Dr. Acula.
I think most elders would consider a name change if that was their actual name.
Looks like the fanfic writers turned game makers picked a winner of a name for the MC.....so awesome, much win.
Post edited November 02, 2023 by GamezRanker
Swedrami: I A sixth clan will appear in a unique, standalone DLC.
I wonder how much content was removed ( forced by paradox ) from the base game , just to release this .
I feel so tired: I wonder how much content was removed ( forced by paradox ) from the base game , just to release this .
The game was completely and drastically changed, so it's hard to say.
DLCs are a way not to fire anybody (or as few people as possible). Once the work of writers and artist is done for the main game, they got nothing to do anymore. In the past very often they got fired and rehired for the next project/game.
A DLC is a way to stretch the development time for a game, they can get to work on that one while other departments still finish polising and bug fixing on the original game.
In my case it seems there will be one game less to buy... I'm out.
Will give them the benefit of the doubt and hope the game will turn out somewhat decent after all.

Actually just realized though by checking the game page again after ages that while they offered the cancellation of preorders they did not cancel for people who did not cancel themselves (i kept mine on purpose)
they totally went "blank" what to except from they their different game editions (so seems like they totally lacking a proper plan their and most likely also one of the main reasons while they have not restarted preorders)

Like: https://www.gog.com/en/game/vampire_the_masquerade_bloodlines_2_blood_moon_edition is "totally blank" now and b4 the switch to The Chinese Room the Blood Moon Edition was advertised with season pass and whatssoever :D.

Pretty curious what we will get after all :D.
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/news/clan-reveal-brujah

"First Playable Clan: Brujah

Good evening Kindred, today the countdown begins!

We’re revealing the first of four playable clans available at release in Fall 2024 in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 today. Following launch, two additional clans will be made available in DLC: one giving you a new way to experience the main-game and another offering a completely unique Seattle story.

No huge surprise in which clan’s boot is kicking open the door first… Don’t get too comfortable though, there’s always something unexpected in World of Darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is1ktPTpGUA

Brujah

Who Are The Brujah?
The Learned Clan, Rabble, Punks, Hipsters, Prometheans, Rebels, Philosopher-Kings, Hellenes.

Brujah is the learned clan, the clan of radicals, the clan commonly misjudged as punks looking for trouble, the Brujah are guided by passion and dedication to an ideal. And if they have the supernatural strength to back that passion up, who are you to argue? Rebellion unites their blood, whether that rebellion is of the subtle lend me your ears kind or the fists out, fire in the streets sack of Rome kind is down to the individual.

https://images.ctfassets.net/u73tyf0fa8v1/2f0LXeeTwV1srnDFFpqIkA/cf99183f41c301980f9d5c0c8f0b1a22/bloodlines2-clan-reveal-brujah-conceptart-1.jpg
https://images.ctfassets.net/u73tyf0fa8v1/15pdidBVh9ItdNCFdLgaJ3/dd3cea28c3d209cdb23ca647f0c1a102/bloodlines2-clan-reveal-brujah-conceptart-2.jpg
https://images.ctfassets.net/u73tyf0fa8v1/4qfRzMaNC8S5qYKij8gz8F/0233ec700f9224626322d743dda8bbf1/bloodlines2-clan-reveal-brujah-conceptart-3.jpg
Brujah Powers Enhance Your Speed and Power

Playing a Brujah in Bloodlines 2

If you’re a player who leaves the shadows to the cowards, knows the frontline is where the fun is and idealistically rebels against power, Brujah is your clan.

In Bloodlines 2, Clan Brujah will offer a brutal melee playstyle with its abilities (in Vampire: The Masquerade, known as Disciplines) getting you into the fray and rewarding you for staying there. Exemplified in the video, our Brujah uses charge to gain a burst of momentum, grab an enemy, drag them with you and body slam them into a wall. Don’t assume you’re limited to charging just one enemy either. In early 2024, we’ll be back with a complete list of Brujah discipline powers you will be able to use in game.

https://images.ctfassets.net/u73tyf0fa8v1/2Ehpb0kYADG7f0nC3MwhFK/64200764ab171e152189b3f985aed133/vtm-bloodlines2-clan-brujah-render.jpg
Render of Phyre with one of the Brujah-styled outfits. All clans can earn all outfits.

What’s next?

Brujah is the first of four clans available at release in Fall 2024 and next week, we’ll be back with the second playable clan. The following week, we’ll be on Thanksgiving hiatus, before coming back to reveal the third playable clan."
high rated
A set character and non-customisable model (whose female version of course sports short hair, speaks with a rather low voice and looks deliberately tomboyish with most characteristics of the female form toned down or covered up), a dumbed down Fallout 4-like dialogue system with no skill checks, only 4 playable clans (very likely not including Nosferatu) with two more clans already announced to be added through DLCs - it it too late to hand development back to Hardsuit Labs?
TzarHar: A set character and non-customisable model (whose female version of course sports short hair, speaks with a rather low voice and looks deliberately tomboyish with most characteristics of the female form toned down or covered up), a dumbed down Fallout 4-like dialogue system with no skill checks, only 4 playable clans (very likely not including Nosferatu) with two more clans already announced to be added through DLCs - it it too late to hand development back to Hardsuit Labs?
Yep, it's going to be another forgettable bland game.
Schlaumayr: In my case it seems there will be one game less to buy... I'm out.
Do we really know anything yet outside of generalities?