It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: What game doth this be, Ser Wyrm?
Bah. I think this is a game that got the okay from JMich.

bler144: So yeah, as much as wyrm and others want to experiment, don't let us get to 9 no-lynch/non-votes until we've done a bit more. Keep your vote on someone, please.
Looks like most people disagree with me. My point is this: If simply having 50% of the players not having any vote placed is enough to move us into the next phase or force a No Lynch or w/e, then NOW, Day 1, is the best time to find that out. Not Day 4, when we've lost some people and several claims are on the board.

If nobody else cares about confirming whether this is an issue, I guess I'll leave this dead horse to rot and stink up the air.

TammyTown: Wyrm - In your discussion with Nacho about the "event" you get after him for basically not knowing that the event you discussed was not something that you knew all the time. You tell him to keep his shade to himself and when he says that he just assumed that it was something you knew all the time, you respond with "just an honest mistake, huh". I'm trying to wrap my head around your response here. There is absolutely no reason why anyone in this game should know that your event was something that had just happened when you brought it forth, therefore it can be nothing other than an honest mistake that he assumed it was something you knew all along. Why do you expect that everyone should have just understood that?
Essentially, I assume Nacho is pretty smart. Reread where he was initially questioning me about the event, and how he was casting suspicion on me for taking so long to reveal it. Then ask yourself how he could have known anything at all about the timing between when my event occurred and when I talked about it having occurred.

He somehow seemed to completely neglect/discount the idea that "Wyrm just now revealed the event because it only just happened". I wouldn't have made a fuss if he hadn't overlooked such an obvious (to me) possibility when he was questioning the timing.

bler144: This game is going to be a challenge for me because I remember like nobody's full name. Is it yogsloth72? I'm seriously having to look up to confirm even basic shit of people I've played with for a year. So...in that vein, forgot to do something important.
Refer to Post 6. It will be our best friend.
bler144: snip
Stanari: 1) I think it was one of the things I caught while doing meta research for champs, but HSL in the signup thread reminded me.

2a) There is a specific eventuality where Ix is scum, plus a handful of ones linked more vaguely to personality. Unsure if Ix is the type of player to go for that play, though?

Brasas: snip
Stanari: 2b) I don't think it's coolheadedness - well, maybe it is - so much as just daring. Is Ix daring scum?
1) I think I'll buy that. Had noted the HSL exchange, but in my opinon it was oblique enough that someone seeing only that would be unlikely to piece it together quite so clearly. But that + whatever digging you were doing elsewhere is viable. Was 80% joke in any case and only 20% actual curiosity, so...sweet?

2) Not sure what gambit you have in mind. If I recall in the Epsilon game Ix was one of the townies widely scum-read but still town? @All (including Ix) is there a recent game other than the all-mafiagame where he was actually non-town?

In that one I think I would describe him as risk-taking, but probably bold (slight sloppiness implied, no offense - I'm not the greatest wolf either) moreso than precision-execution scum, if that's what you're thinking. He spent the first half of the game just trying to run Wyrm.

I thought it was pretty obvious he was mafia even when I thought it was only 2 teams (and I was on the other), but couldn't get buy-in because there were bigger fish to fry. And because 3/4 of the scum were bending over backwards into great contortions to not look scummy, amusingly. When Hijack bailed him out (twice) it seemed pretty clear they were teammates but that's neither here nor there. Well, ok, just there.

I'll come back to that broader point, but I want to drop the Ix issue and address a few other things after I unpack and before I run off to my event.

Though, absolutely true story - when I was getting on the highway and mulling over the game in my mind I noticed I was behind a car whose license plate read "IX CATS" and for about 10 seconds I thought it quite the coincidence there was someone else named Ix.

Not a derpclear, just a RL derp.
bler144: 2) Not sure what gambit you have in mind.
The "Nacho townread someone for it so I'm gonna do it too" gambit.
Stanari: Why are you voting me? Why are you apologizing to me?? Why do you keep tone-whiplashing me?????
Another Stanari post that I liked!

Nachomamma8: Calling lurkers bad for the town and only the town is just rhetoric; lurkers are anti-game and hurt whatever team that they are on.
Bookwyrm627: Yes and no. Around here, the active people say the suspicious things, and we lynch suspicious people. If everyone lurks, then wolves will win off NKs. Therefore, townies have to be active. I'm sure you can see where this is going.
The only real counter to my point that I see is that if no one plays, then wolves will win off NKs. We are nowhere near a situation like that, so I don't really get your point with the above.

Nachomamma8: especially if you have suspicions of something out of the ordinary going on (and you should based on the number of people who fled to Nashua).
Bookwyrm627: What brings you to that conclusion?
Drealmer saying in flavor that people are leaving to Nashua? I'm not really sure what you're questioning here.

Nachomamma8: I assumed, and you know what they say about people who make those things.
Bookwyrm627: Just a small, innocent little mistake, huh?
What benefit does assuming that you would know about events at the beginning of the game bring me as a werewolf? Why would I assume that you knew about events at the beginning of the game as a werewolf?

Nachomamma8: The thing that I found interesting about the trombone post is that bler brought up something that bothered him and then yogsloth's reaction was to charlie brown it and then never talk about it ever again even when other people mentioned that it bothered them. I'm not really sure why he would do it as town, but him being scum and charlie browning the serious stage of the game away would exactly be surprising.
Bookwyrm627: Are you related to a top, by any chance?
Here is bler's original point in . Yogsloth's reaction [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post181]here was to edit out the quote and replace it with WANH WANH WANH. Bler brings up the trombone post in , I talked about it in [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post221]221 (it wasn't something that I picked up on initially), is where CrimsonFox starts talking about it, Yogsloth starts catching up [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post236]here which is why I said he was around but not talking about it.

What part of the situation did I misrepresent, exactly?

Nachomamma8: What are your thoughts on other players? I don't mind the flavor stuff and the lynching lurkers stuff even though I disagree with both (I know that there's no way I'll change your mind, so here we are), but I also know that there are game-related things that have to had stood out to you so far or you haven't been reading as closely as you should.
Bookwyrm627: I see fishing. Quite a bit of fishing. You, for example, have several poles in the water. On the bright side, you do make me laugh quite a bit.
If by fishing you mean "asking for your thoughts on other players", then I'd say that I was related to a famous fisherman if I knew any.

Would appreciate a bump, doubt that it'll be necessary.
Bump
test - posted something that didn't post. Not sure why since it's not a page-end issue. TLDR version:

@Stanari - yes I believe he could swing that. Haven't looked though.

@Nacho - have a bump.
Hey trenton - anything in particular I should be looking out for right now? Who are your top three wolf suspects?
Nachomamma8: Hey trenton - anything in particular I should be looking out for right now? Who are your top three wolf suspects?
As I said before I don't like doing lists, but I'll humor you in a roundabout way. I find it highly unlikely I'll vote for these people today:
1. yogs
2. Bler
3. Nacho
4. Bookwyrm
5. Tammy
6. Brasas
7. Docbear

The rest of the people I have my eye on, most notably a beaded fellow.

But tell me this, why should I remove my vote from Ix? He comes in and states he is not going to read what he missed in the thread and about an hour later votes no lynch. A no lynch on day 1 is a free pass for mafia, no thank you.
TammyTown: Agent - But why did you choose Bler? There are other people who are active and contributing input. And why is that your criteria? Are you going to iso anyone else? Are you suspicious of anyone?
agentcarr16: I had a funny feeling that he had been posting without contributing. That feeling was partly born out, as he's made a lot of jokes. But he's also given good content.
You had been posting and commenting on things throughout the game, but you never mentioned in previously to that. I'd have liked it if this would have been along the lines of your first response to me asking you about this. Why is getting you to answer this in a way that is actually communicative like pulling teeth? Are you always like this?

Does blur when scum have a tendency to post a lot without contributing and so you went back to check if his receiving town reads was naive?

Are you going to answer the other two questions? Are you going to iso anyone else? Are you suspicious of anyone?

Will someone bump? I'm having trouble addressing several posts which is the penalty I get for trying to minimally quote stripe I guess.
Saying that he won't read what he missed is more annoying than it is wolfy, and voting for no lynch without any sort of justification when lx knows that as wolf he'd be expected to put something on the table would be something that takes a decent amount of nerve; typically, players at least try to pretend to be helpful as wolf although there are always exceptions. I'll have a better answer for you when I get there, right now all I have is Stanari's commentary on the situation and a couple reactions to that.
bump
TammyTown: Wyrm - In your discussion with Nacho about the "event" you get after him for basically not knowing that the event you discussed was not something that you knew all the time. You tell him to keep his shade to himself and when he says that he just assumed that it was something you knew all the time, you respond with "just an honest mistake, huh". I'm trying to wrap my head around your response here. There is absolutely no reason why anyone in this game should know that your event was something that had just happened when you brought it forth, therefore it can be nothing other than an honest mistake that he assumed it was something you knew all along. Why do you expect that everyone should have just understood that?
Bookwyrm627: Essentially, I assume Nacho is pretty smart. Reread where he was initially questioning me about the event, and how he was casting suspicion on me for taking so long to reveal it. Then ask yourself how he could have known anything at all about the timing between when my event occurred and when I talked about it having occurred.

He somehow seemed to completely neglect/discount the idea that "Wyrm just now revealed the event because it only just happened". I wouldn't have made a fuss if he hadn't overlooked such an obvious (to me) possibility when he was questioning the timing.
How does smart mean he's supposed to know that you just received that event? Does smart equate to mind reading, esp or something?

I don't need to ask myself how he knew anything at all about the timing because I think it's pretty clear by his questioning you that he didn't know anything about it at all.

You presented it as information you knew not something that had just occurred. Basically i'm just really really lost about how you expect that people would just know that when something as simple as clarifying what happened was all that was necessary. Just reads off.
trentonlf: But tell me this, why should I remove my vote from Ix? He comes in and states he is not going to read what he missed in the thread and about an hour later votes no lynch. A no lynch on day 1 is a free pass for mafia, no thank you.
I wouldn't move it, especially if you're town. It's a solid vote and I really like Lifthy's followup. Honestly, I get the feeling scum is being very tentative in pushing me (votes-wise) because I was a little too easy to push. I'm curious if I'll see more movement or not.
But I can't really see myself voting for lx after his latest, regardless of the nature of his no lynch vote.
Ixamyakxim: Also given that there are so many people, and that the game has an unusual set up, I'm guessing there are going to be a ton of weird roles, a bevy of scum AND in injection of new players (I find them all scummy, but I'm guessing that's more a factor of a community playstyle developed elsewhere, with different norms).
Mind elaborating on what you find scummy about all the new players? What about any of our play styles is out of the ordinary with the people and play styles here?

~~~

I'll have a thought post coming up soon/within the hour or so. I intended to do the thought post last night after mulling some stuff over, but I ended up playing skyrim after grading until bed and well.