It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stanari: but do you really want to tempt fate?
On Day 1, in a large game, when people actually might be buying into such a game breaking mechanic existing, and 90% of the flavor screams "DON'T LYNCH ANYONE YOU MONSTERS!"?

In a heartbeat. Faster, if I can get any help.

Can you imagine a mechanic whereby the scum team can end the Day with a No Lynch damn near at will, by simply voting anyone at all and then unvoting to trigger a default No Lynch after just a few town votes? Sounds great, right?

yogsloth: Yeah, you better go back and read again, bucko.

That's exactly what he has.
I did. Three times. I very nearly suggested a better way of phrasing what I'm certain he's trying to get across.

I'm ashamed of you buying into such a mechanic existing, Yog. You should know better, being able to see the breaking potential as well as I can.
Bookwyrm627: I'm ashamed of you buying into such a mechanic existing, Yog. You should know better, being able to see the breaking potential as well as I can.
What game doth this be, Ser Wyrm?

Me thinkest thou playeth most dangerous.

I bite my thumb at you sir.
Stanari: but do you really want to tempt fate?
Bookwyrm627: On Day 1, in a large game, when people actually might be buying into such a game breaking mechanic existing, and 90% of the flavor screams "DON'T LYNCH ANYONE YOU MONSTERS!"?

In a heartbeat. Faster, if I can get any help.

Can you imagine a mechanic whereby the scum team can end the Day with a No Lynch damn near at will, by simply voting anyone at all and then unvoting to trigger a default No Lynch after just a few town votes? Sounds great, right?

yogsloth: Yeah, you better go back and read again, bucko.

That's exactly what he has.
Bookwyrm627: I did. Three times. I very nearly suggested a better way of phrasing what I'm certain he's trying to get across.

I'm ashamed of you buying into such a mechanic existing, Yog. You should know better, being able to see the breaking potential as well as I can.
The OP says a majority vote does not mean a auto-lynch so it should it should apply to a no lynch as well.
I did indicate my flavor but was a bit obtuse. I have a farm, which I occupy with my wife. I slaughter the animals of villagers on request and have a swag butchering and meat curing setup. I also cook said meat.
Ok, overall I have to say D1 is a nothing burger. Maybe it's too many people, or the fact this is my first closed setup game, or I just suck... One thing I'll do and I want to point out is - I'm going to say I like or dislike people. Those comments are not alignment indicative. I will refer to actual alignment reads / feelz / bowel movements specifically as scum or towny. Heck wolf or towny. Despite wolf being the MU lingo, it's clearly thematic...

Laura (docbear) almost a derpclear, but it likely wasn't a role slip, so pretty much got nothing
Adam (Agent) promised to lurk less after last game, don't like how he is playing - I know he is smart
Bill (Quadr) I got almost nothing, but of all the ridiculous votes I think I dislike his the most. I'm collecting my thoughts and reading notes as I type this, but I suspect if someone puts a gun at my end, Quadr gets my vote.
Craig (Wyrm) love / hate relationship I found the setup pushing scummy, but he was right, so he's back at neutral. That cristigale vote though... he's kind of all over the space
Fergie (Nacho) where did this guy go? I'm pretty sure I really disliked a post he did at me. Tempted to reread for whatever Yog and Stan are seeing, but I don't really know him, so what he f should I look for?
Nathan (Dess) kind of lurkish, but maybe coming out of his shell? hehehe, I like my puns
Eric (Yog) another love / hate I still find the Stanari vote weird, but she seemed to like it, so my white knight attempt ended in tears. Jokes aside, alignment wise I got nothing.
Emily (Trent) like how he is keeping a cool head. Is paying attention despite posting little. Suspect our playstyles are very different, but that's good. If he is town.
Marie (Bler) leaning town for how he pushed on me. The only so far.
Sean'O (Lift) puzzling me, I think we are thinking too similarly on that whole ludonarrative dissonance crap, I'm willing to tell myself my initial dislike was just an uncanny valley thing, since I kind of liked his latest posts.
Claire (Cristi) the other keeping a cool head. I know our playstyles are very different from the Resistance game though.
Sarah (Tammy) I got nothing
Emma (Ix) I got nothing
Jay (SirFox) puzzling me, I made a note he seems to not be paying attention but don't rem what it was about
Jim (Sushi) I got nothing
Justin (Stanari) puzzling me, but I think I like the incisiveness - I'm jealous for sure, I only wish my walls of text were that short... would be in bed much earlier. Should reread her.

In summary

Bler leaning town

Cristi, Trent I feel good about

Folks I don't feel good about are either lurkers / floaters / coasters, or made votes I consider suspicious. The votes matter more to me, so Yog, Wyrm and Quadr. Yog and Wyrm I want to keep around longer...

Vote Bill
Stanari: AFAIC there has only been one votecount, which seems insufficient for extrapolating frequency.
Dessimu: Then in other words, this:

drealmer7: NO-LYNCH is at L-1

(that is, if L-1 exists)
Dessimu: If we would choose to no-lynch, can we expect to learn anything useful other than dead player (highly likely), given that anything anyone said can be covered by "roleplaying", "shitposting", "I am new here", "he is new here", "yogsloth", "trombone", "growl", "rwoar"?

Vote: SirCrimsonFox

I have a reasonable doubt about all and any newcomers. Of current five, TammyTown just started playing, DragonSushi should be coming back on the weekend? I feel like "lets hear them out as they want to be heard", unlike lx for the moment. Stanari, Nachomamma8 and SirCrimsonFox are available and if needed, can defend themselves. And out of all five, the fox is bit cahoots. Never expect good things from any kind of fox. Other than nice pictures.
I'm confused by this. Do you think that we newcomers have a higher chance of picking the names associated with werewolves? Or do you have flavor reasons for suspecting a newcomer, which is the only logical thing to have that reasonable doubt about all newcomers? If it is flavor reasons for suspecting a newcomer how come you aren't looking at me more closely?

What concerns me right now is that you are shying away from attacking people who know you because they might expect you to read them differently and are taking an easy way out.

I haven't read the thread yet (I promptly took an accidental nap after my last post), so this point might be completely moot, but the idea of it pings.
Stanari: I did indicate my flavor but was a bit obtuse. I have a farm, which I occupy with my wife. I slaughter the animals of villagers on request and have a swag butchering and meat curing setup. I also cook said meat.
Noted. I'm off to bed though... sorry but will wait for next time k?
Bookwyrm627: Bump for the bearded man.
Har har har, I was saying I'd come back later.

TammyTown: (...)
Welcome, Sarah!

Brasas: Adam (Agent) promised to lurk less after last game, don't like how he is playing - I know he is smart
I know nothing about any game!

I don't recall promising anything. I'm trying to keep up. I've been back at school for three days, and my schedule is starting to come together. Also, I don't remember having this much reading to do before. I'm struggling. However, it's now the weekend. I'll do my best to do better...

Back to Marie!

bler144: (...)
After reading over the infamous "trombone" incident, I'm inclined to see it as 100% normal Eric. Seems perfectly normal to me.

bler144: vote cristigale
(...)
OK, now Marie finally gets some real thinking done.
That said, I agree with Claire (cristigale) that Marie's timing is off, but his reasoning is good.

bler144: Now that it seems confirmed we have 'events' (via Wyrm/Lift plus Drealmer's jumping in to not-quite-acknowledge it) I think beyond that we wait to see what info, if any, comes out of these events. They might just be flavor to encourage participation, or they might be more than that.
I'm not so sure that these are true 'events'. I also learned quite a bit of bonus flavour, but I don't recall noticing a trigger. I'll have to go back and check.

bler144: It didn't occur to me to mention the flavor/RP of my location (recognized Wilma's screams and was one of the "first few" to arrive, for the record), but then I'm not inclined to RP either.
FWIW, my PM has little about the incident, except that it was horrendous, and that Julie was very close friends with my children.

bler144: Your beard should consider voting.
My beard is considering it.

bler144: Official Boat Count: 0

0 Boats.
Official Bloat Count: > 5

Many more than 5 bloats on here.

No, I won't tell you what I mean. The beard needs a secret.

Interesting...

I'm inclined to believe Marie is actually on the side of the village, despite her ... flaws.

No reread, no refresh. I live life dangerously. And I'm off to dinner. Be back later.
yogsloth: Great googily moogily.
that's what she said!
Dessimu: I see Day is going to an end. No-lynch achieved on purpose by voting for it sounds interesting.
Bookwyrm627: To be perfectly clear, we're currently in no danger of No Lynching unless Drealmer has a secret rule about non-voters counting as No Lynch voters.

yogsloth: Well, I think he was just warning us of the unusual mechanic that not voting = a vote for no-lynch, which was triggered by the majority of players putting a lynch on the table.
Bookwyrm627: That is a terrible mechanic. Absolutely horrendous.

Also should be easily proven to be false. Just unvote and we'll check it right now.

Unvote cristigale.

Pre-post Edit: May need an extra unvote or two in order to put this absurd idea to rest.

yogsloth: Still no clear idea why we're talking about killing one another, within flavor context, either.
Bookwyrm627: Because there are magic people-eating werewolves about. They probably doppleganged a few of us.

Pick an excuse and lets get killing. I've provided a couple flavor reasons already.

docbear1975: I think I understand why you did this, but please explain it to me as if I were a dim-witted five year old child.
Bookwyrm627: 1) It places something on the table for anyone to talk about. "Nothing-to-do" syndrome is a D1 issue, and I don't mind tossing some gasoline out there to start the fire.
2) It gives scum some WIFOM. If they want to ignore a block of townies that could leap out at any time, that's their call.
Thank you. Your explanation confirms what I was thinking. Another gutsy move on your part. I'm curious, though, why the vote on cristi?

I'm half-way tempted to move my vote off lx and let the mods deal with him. I'm most suspicious of are yogs, Quad, and possibly agent. Cristi, trent, wrym, and bler are leaning town. Dess, Lift, Brasas, SirCrimson, Nacho, Tammy, Dragon, and Stanari are in my neutral category.
Ixamyakxim has been penalized
How do you penalize a guy lying dead in a ditch somewhere?
Just gonna jot this down because I got to page five and then got distracted, and I don't want to forget my thoughts. I don't really have any at this point. I'm still trying to remember who's who when the post.

I like Bler. Bler's the one that I remember making me chuckle after my first post and they continue with that in the first few pages. I'm not really sure if they've done anything alignment indicative. I just like their posts. I could want them to be town for that; it's an early game/day one weakness of mine, but i don't think that's the case. Oh I did like the post when they pointed out the way that they communicate with yogsloth. It felt earnest.

I'm leaning towards liking Brasas. Similar situation as above, but not as much just I like their posts and want them to be town as they feel somewhat town.

I'll be surprised if I have a true scum read to speak of before I'm finished with the thread, but it's possible. A couple people I'm watching to feel out as I go along, but nothing great to speak of yet. I apologize for referring to you guys as they, but you don't have gender markers here and I don't want to be rude.

Oh nacho of the HUEHUEHUE i saw you've ENTERED. Do you agree with my two leaning town reads? (I haven't read your posts yet other than the entrance which was huehuehue, so you might have mentioned these already, so I'll get there, but humor me :) if you have).
TammyTown: I apologize for referring to you guys as they, but you don't have gender markers here and I don't want to be rude.
Helpful primer for everyone:

The female players in this game are cristigale, docbear, Tammy, Stanari.

Everyone else is a dude, but I think one or two of you might have Mommy issues. Just sayin'.
Thank you!

And two things I forgot and have been patiently waiting my ten minutes:

Also, I saw that secondhand revenant was signed up but who is he here?

And, for whoever asked, I think Brasas. I was Melisandre.