It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all-

I have two baseball games to coach one after the other, followed by two hockey practices, topped off by a piano recital. I will be gone all day but will try to log on late tonight after I stagger in half dead. I am caught up to this point, however.
yogsloth: ...
but did you wash your underwear after pooping yourself about no-lynch?

there's a washbasin outside, but everyone would prefer if you take that shit to the creek to clean
Post edited September 10, 2016 by drealmer7
October 12, 1696 -

It's been two weeks since the attack on Julie Ives. There are some of you who are feeling more settled as the days go by without there being any attacks, and there are some of you who become more and more anxious with each passing night, knowing another horrendous, unthinkable tragedy of unknown origin very well could be awaiting you all.

With the slow and tedious progression of the discussion and with each vote that is passed accusing someone of ill-intentions and calling for their death, the paranoia and suspicion grows, and now the bulk of the villagers have become so distraught over the situation that over half of you are suspected of being involved in the death of Julie Ives.

Not many can seem to agree on much, and there is a wide dispersion of votes that break down like this:

Nathaniel (Nathan) Smith [Dessimu] ........... -- 0 --
Sean O'Donnell (Sean-O!) [Lifthrasil] ........... -- 1 -- Fergus (Nachomamma8)
Laura Jennings [docbear1975] ..................... -- 1 -- William (QuadrAlien)
Emma Hess [Ixamyakxim] .............................. -- 1 -- Emily (trentonlf)
Adam Johnson [agentcarr16] ........................ -- 1 -- Claire (cristigale)
William (Bill) O'Brian [QuadrAlien] ................ -- 2 -- Dan (Brasas), Laura (docbear1975)
Craig Adams [Bookwyrm627] ........................ -- 0 --
Daniel (Dan) Evans [Brasas] .......................... -- 0 --
Claire Dwyer [cristigale] ................................... -- 1 -- Marie (bler144),
Jason (Jay) Peterson [SirCrimsonFox] ......... -- 1 -- James (DragonSushi),
Eric Barton [yogsloth] ........................................ -- 2 -- Justin (Stanari), Jason (SirCrimsonFox)
Fergus (Fergie) Perkins [Nachomamma8] .. -- 0 --
Sarah Matthews [TammyTown] ....................... -- 0 --
Emily Barton [trentonlf] ...................................... -- 0 --
Marie Thomson [bler144] ................................. -- 0 --
James (Jim) Peterson [DragonSushi] ........... -- 0 --
Justin Dawson [Stanari] ................................... -- 2 -- Eric (yogsloth), Nathan (Dessimu)

Don't currently want to kill anyone ............... -- 5 -- Emma (Ixamyakxim), Adam (agentcarr16), Sarah (TammyTown), Sean (Lifthrasil), Craig (Bookwyrm627)

----- I think I have everything correct, if your vote is not located where you'd like it to be, please say so and I'll amend the vote-count -----

NOTICE:

FROM THIS POINT FORWARD - all votes being cast must use the FULL PLAYER NAME (spelled correctly) or , at a minimum, the basic character name, to be counted!

Example - if drealmer7 is playing Robert Frost you can vote for him in a variety of ways for it to be counted:

'vote drealmer7' counts
'vote drealmer' does not count
'vote dreamler7' does not count

'vote bob" counts
"vote robert" counts
"vote mr. frost" counts

any questions? please ask me privately! if you cast a vote that is invalid, I will contact you privately to verify it was intentional

REMINDER:

I'll explicitly notify in the game thread when there is a stage change - lynches are a deliberate and decided action that will be taken by the community - the fate of the village is in all of your hands. How will things proceed?
So sorry all hadn't checked in in a while. Who wants to give me the rundown? No, I'm not going to parse the entire thread, yes you can lynch me for being inattentive to the 22 pages of Day One if you so wish ;)

I really apologize I hate to leave these games hanging and I hadn't been on the site in a while. I would have kept more of an eye out but I wasn't sure what was going to happen with this game - I see it's now well underway LOL.
Ixamyakxim: So sorry all hadn't checked in in a while. Who wants to give me the rundown? No, I'm not going to parse the entire thread, yes you can lynch me for being inattentive to the 22 pages of Day One if you so wish ;)

I really apologize I hate to leave these games hanging and I hadn't been on the site in a while. I would have kept more of an eye out but I wasn't sure what was going to happen with this game - I see it's now well underway LOL.
It's really only 9 pages if you set your 'my settings' to 50 posts per page
Ixamyakxim: So sorry all hadn't checked in in a while. Who wants to give me the rundown? No, I'm not going to parse the entire thread, yes you can lynch me for being inattentive to the 22 pages of Day One if you so wish ;)

Only 440 posts to get through! Get a move on, slacker!!
yogsloth: Vote is on Stanari because she has had a lot of floaty little posts that go nowhere and asks "why" questions without follow-up.
I'm not generally going anywhere early D1. Occasionally as scum but I tend to keep my options open.

What questions should I have followed up on, in your opinion? Genuinely curious.

bler144: Somewhat contemplating whether to follow him to Stan. She's mostly null to me, though I confess I expected more activity from her. She petered out at the end of the qualifier game (exhaustion/annoyance battling Az, presumably) but she started fairly involved, and just not seeing that here. Thin, sure, but this is D1.
During champs I was spending 10+ hours a day doing very little except staring at the thread. I am struggling to get my head in this game a little though. Not sure if it's because of the pace or the environment or just lack of sleep.

Dessimu: Stanari looks more shady. Fox is fun, fox is cahoots, while Stanari seems holding many things close to the chest. Not saying we should all be open books, but asking questions without giving some sort of feedback doesn't really make me comfortable around you. Waiting to share with your buddies?
Close to the chest is my modus operandi, unless I need to play obvtown.

If I gave feedback it would just be "hmmmmm" and "interesting" for every question. Unless there's something specific you take issue with?

Iso a couple of people and read the last few pages so we have something to talk about?
agentcarr16: Only 440 posts to get through! Get a move on, slacker!!
*sigh* I don't like my initial impressions. I'm going to suggest something I didn't think I'd ever suggest.

I know you all, I trust you. We can't avoid the fact that something has *changed* here to cause this. Events are unfolding which we don't yet understand, I'm not sure I see the value in carrying out the action some of you are proposing.

Mr. Barton has already pointed out our lack of incentive to follow one gruesome act with another. I think it best to observe and record for the moment. And gird ourselves against those wolves.

Vote No Lynch
I have completely caught up! Cue final fantasy victory music!

I need to step back and think about a few things and look back over a couple things and run some errands, so my real thoughts will be forthcoming. Until then I have a couple lame questions :p

Nacho - You've repeatedly mentioned not liking lynching someone who hasn't shown up, but in John Wyck you guys did great things with lynching from the absent players day one.

Wyrm - In your discussion with Nacho about the "event" you get after him for basically not knowing that the event you discussed was not something that you knew all the time. You tell him to keep his shade to himself and when he says that he just assumed that it was something you knew all the time, you respond with "just an honest mistake, huh". I'm trying to wrap my head around your response here. There is absolutely no reason why anyone in this game should know that your event was something that had just happened when you brought it forth, therefore it can be nothing other than an honest mistake that he assumed it was something you knew all along. Why do you expect that everyone should have just understood that?

Agent - Why did you focus all of your energy on Bler?

lax - welcome! What were the impressions you didn't like?

Brasas - There was no indication of how I survived the woods, how I got there or how long I was there. I don't know how old I am currently. I imagine I was in the woods for some time because I still prefer to sleep and eat outside and I spent some time watching you all before entering the village because I needed to trust that you all were good people who wouldn't hurt me.

I see people's concerns about voting and no lynching and all that and I'm not sure that it means what you all are concerned about, but I'll probably place a vote when I get back and give my thoughts just to keep that anxiety low.

All right be back in a bit.
TammyTown: I have completely caught up! Cue final fantasy victory music!

I need to step back and think about a few things and look back over a couple things and run some errands, so my real thoughts will be forthcoming. Until then I have a couple lame questions :p

Nacho - You've repeatedly mentioned not liking lynching someone who hasn't shown up, but in John Wyck you guys did great things with lynching from the absent players day one.

Wyrm - In your discussion with Nacho about the "event" you get after him for basically not knowing that the event you discussed was not something that you knew all the time. You tell him to keep his shade to himself and when he says that he just assumed that it was something you knew all the time, you respond with "just an honest mistake, huh". I'm trying to wrap my head around your response here. There is absolutely no reason why anyone in this game should know that your event was something that had just happened when you brought it forth, therefore it can be nothing other than an honest mistake that he assumed it was something you knew all along. Why do you expect that everyone should have just understood that?

Agent - Why did you focus all of your energy on Bler?

lax - welcome! What were the impressions you didn't like?

Brasas - There was no indication of how I survived the woods, how I got there or how long I was there. I don't know how old I am currently. I imagine I was in the woods for some time because I still prefer to sleep and eat outside and I spent some time watching you all before entering the village because I needed to trust that you all were good people who wouldn't hurt me.

I see people's concerns about voting and no lynching and all that and I'm not sure that it means what you all are concerned about, but I'll probably place a vote when I get back and give my thoughts just to keep that anxiety low.

All right be back in a bit.
On phone, thus the quote wall. Apologies.

He seemed to be active, and giving some input. Also, I like bler.
Hello, all. Just got back and read through the last several pages. (And re-read some stuff). Right now, I'm trying to capture some of my muddled thoughts before they disappear.

Welcome, lx. Good to see you. What are your initial impressions, and what do you not like?

@Nacho - Thanks for getting back to me regarding your vote on Lift.

@Cristi - My vote on Quad is partly gut instinct. I know, that's not the best reason in the world. In my first game, I ignored my gut instinct and tried analyze everything, and it didn't work well for me. I was all over the place. I"m trying to be more steady. Quad was active in the beginning, but then dropped off the radar. (We're all probably guilty of that to some extent, but it seemed to me Quad was trying to stir the pot, then left). Wish I could explain it better.

Well, off to mull some more things over. My cats have decided that they want to learn how to type, so my apologies if anything looks weird.
Popped in to read. Was busy most of the day from noon.

On one hand not much posting volume. On another hand I see a lot more people becoming active with good posts. I applaud that.

Ix is ballsy. On one hand I want to follow his lead because it "feels" right. On another I don't see our roleplay wolf hunting causing "events" and so I want to lynch, per the normal mafia mechanics. Should I go with the brain or with the heart...

Off to bed now.

Stanari: If I gave feedback it would just be "hmmmmm" and "interesting" for every question.
Heh
Do you know Krypsyn?
Agent - But why did you choose Bler? There are other people who are active and contributing input. And why is that your criteria? Are you going to iso anyone else? Are you suspicious of anyone?
TammyTown: lax - welcome! What were the impressions you didn't like?
docbear1975: Welcome, lx. Good to see you. What are your initial impressions, and what do you not like?
Hi and thanks! Again, apologies for it taking so long! What I did not like is exactly this:

Brasas: Ix is ballsy. On one hand I want to follow his lead because it "feels" right. On another I don't see our roleplay wolf hunting causing "events" and so I want to lynch, per the normal mafia mechanics. Should I go with the brain or with the heart...
Brasas hit it on the head near perfectly. My Mafia mindset absolutely HATES the idea of a no lynch.

But I think part of this game is going to be about lore and discovery, and a Day One No Lynch sounds like something that just "fits" in the context of that.
TammyTown: Agent - But why did you choose Bler? There are other people who are active and contributing input. And why is that your criteria? Are you going to iso anyone else? Are you suspicious of anyone?
I had a funny feeling that he had been posting without contributing. That feeling was partly born out, as he's made a lot of jokes. But he's also given good content.