It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bleed:
thats certainly something you should bring up with support - because if you have the code lurgey, it might spread like the bubonic plague! O____o

*runs and hides
low rated
Sachys: One reason (among many) the MAHAYO (make a human answer you - obviously!) initiative started - aside from saving a bunch of bitching / backbiting and those posting used codes to make themselves look good, it helped prevent the kid of behavious you're pointing at. Hence we disallow use of open codes and threads like Ninja 2.0 in TBBBBOB.
Well, i agree that as far as possible we shd prevent open code drops but that's not the point i was trying to make. The fact is some ppl having asked for & given a game earlier starts asking for another game just an hr or so later the moment he saw some1 donated another game. That's not the worst part, the worst is he actually manage to get it while the giver unfortunately did not realise he has a history of selling free games for a profit.

Now i'm still ok if he is just another leecher (although a pretty shameless 1 at that) but knowing he may possibly sell off those games or even his account in future makes me worry if we are encouraging more ppl like him to come here. That is really my main point.
Post edited December 14, 2015 by tomyam80
Bleed:
Sachys: thats certainly something you should bring up with support - because if you have the code lurgey, it might spread like the bubonic plague! O____o

*runs and hides
Hmm, i wonder what i should bring up to support first, my original problem, or this new one i have - " What's code lurgey and why the hell do i have it".
tomyam80: That is really my main point.
Same thing though - when you bring it down to the delivery method and the potential abuse.

Also I was purposely avoiding talking about any specific user as this is not the thread for mentioning those specific activities - though they are of concern of course (on the whole).
Sachys: thats certainly something you should bring up with support - because if you have the code lurgey, it might spread like the bubonic plague! O____o

*runs and hides
Bleed: Hmm, i wonder what i should bring up to support first, my original problem, or this new one i have - " What's code lurgey and why the hell do i have it".
I'd go with the original one before sneding photos of your "bits". ;D
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Sachys
Sachys: Same thing though - when you bring it down to the delivery method and the potential abuse.

Also I was purposely avoiding talking about any specific user as this is not the thread for mentioning those specific activities - though they are of concern of course (on the whole).
Bleed: Hmm, i wonder what i should bring up to support first, my original problem, or this new one i have - " What's code lurgey and why the hell do i have it".
Sachys: I'd go with the original one before sneding photos of your "bits". ;D
I understand, that's y u wld also have noticed i purposely left out the member's name even though i'm very sure u know just exactly who i was refering to. ;)

Anyway, i only brought it up cos we were on the topic of scammers who sell their accounts so this is definitely an area of concern.
Post edited December 14, 2015 by tomyam80
Sachys: Same thing though - when you bring it down to the delivery method and the potential abuse.

Sachys: I'd go with the original one before sneding photos of your "bits". ;D
This forum is such fun.
But seriously, am i the only one who does not see who redeemed my codes? -- Wait, that did't sound right.

tomyam80: I understand, that's y u wld also have noticed i purposely left out the member's name even though i'm very sure u know just exactly who i was refering to. ;)

Anyway, i only brought it up cos we were on the topic of scammers who sell their accounts so this is definitely an area of concern.
Can i get on this joke?
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Bleed
tomyam80: Anyway, i only brought it up cos we were on the topic of scammers who sell their accounts so this is definitely an area of concern.
YARP!
Bleed: But seriously, am i the only one who does not see who redeemed my codes? -- Wait, that did't sound right.
Well, there are a few possible answers to this:
1: you are experiencing a weird bug
2: you are experiencing a weird bug - next time do not wear the blindfold before you pay the sex worker?!?!?
3: ???!???!?!??!!??!?!!!!!

Bleed: Can i get on this joke?
Thats not a joke, sadly.
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Sachys

Bleed: This forum is such fun.
But seriously, am i the only one who does not see who redeemed my codes? -- Wait, that did't sound right.
tomyam80: I understand, that's y u wld also have noticed i purposely left out the member's name even though i'm very sure u know just exactly who i was refering to. ;)

Sry, i think it's better i refrain from mentioning the specific user least he thinks i have something personal against him. However, based on the info i provided i'm sure u have no problem finding out who we r refering to with a little search in the GA threads. ;p
tomyam80: Anyway, i only brought it up cos we were on the topic of scammers who sell their accounts so this is definitely an area of concern.
Sachys: YARP!
Bleed: But seriously, am i the only one who does not see who redeemed my codes? -- Wait, that did't sound right.
Sachys: Well, there are a few possible answers to this:
2: you are experiencing a weird bug - next time do not wear the blindfold before you pay the sex worker?!?!?

Sachys: Thats not a joke, sadly.
Wait, what sex worker? - come on that was a one time thing only. Also, i was 16.
Bleed: This forum is such fun.

Can i get on this joke?
tomyam80: Sry, i think it's better i refrain from mentioning the specific user least he thinks i have something personal against him. However, based on the info i provided i'm sure u have no problem finding out who we r refering to with a little search in the GA threads. ;p
Alright, then riddle me this.
Does the individual in question have any other posts in GA besides asking, something like [GIVEN] or [HAVE]?
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Bleed
Sachys: YARP!

Well, there are a few possible answers to this:

Thats not a joke, sadly.
Bleed: Wait, what sex worker? - come on that was a one time thing only. Also, i was 16.
tomyam80: Sry, i think it's better i refrain from mentioning the specific user least he thinks i have something personal against him. However, based on the info i provided i'm sure u have no problem finding out who we r refering to with a little search in the GA threads. ;p
Bleed: Alright, then riddle me this.
Does the individual in question have any other posts in GA besides asking, something like [GIVEN] or [HAVE]?
Oh he has other posts alright but i really dun see a need to mention anymore than wat i already did. For the sake of not derailing this thread further i wld not state any other things pertaining to matter unless absolutely necessary, thks.
Additional info:

The keys I gave RYAN841 were redeemed by account GOG8.

Can someone explain me how this works? User GOG8 was mentioned many times as the redeeming account of scams and has been reported to GOG-support - why does this account still exist?

And what does he do with the codes? If the only goal is to get copies of the games wouldn't it be much easier for him to get them from some warez-site instead of spending hours scamming people on the GOG forum? Or is it possible to sell the codes after he redeemed them with the GOG8 account?
Post edited December 14, 2015 by gnadenlos
gnadenlos: (snip)
I did a search, but it didn't show and posts - maybe because the search index is not updates in real time.
ShadowPatriarch: (snip)
Starmaker: Just don't go first when trading with people with no forum presence.
This is the same soup every time.
1) copy-paste the name in text editor to make sure name is authentic and not manipulated:
using I (uppercase i ) or l (lowercase L) or | (symbol "|") or "1" (number 1) and so on
using . " "(whitespace) and so on in names
missing some letters

2) copy-paste the name into google, then do a query:
"site:gog.com username"
- make sure he has valid posts, not constantly asking for gifts and good reputation
- especially check "known scammer threads" (first thread) , (second thread)
Bookmark or toggle these threads as (favorite).

3) check gog wiki scammer database

4) if you are chatting with him/her, find his real name in forum using google, then hover your mouse over his icon and "start conversation" from there to make sure you are talking to right person.

5) if his reputation is below or equal "10" & register year equals current year (2015), then
he sends you the codes first. Anyways, member with lower rep and newer year always sends codes first.

6) you can always deny the deal, nobody is requiring you to do anything.

7) if you are new and have low forum presence - don't trade
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Lin545
Lin545: This is the same soup every time.
1) copy-paste the name in text editor to make sure name is authentic and not manipulated:
using I (uppercase i ) or l (lowercase L) or | (symbol "|") or "1" (number 1) and so on
using . " "(whitespace) and so on in names
missing some letters

2) copy-paste the name into google, then do a query:
"site:gog.com username"
- make sure he has valid posts, not constantly asking for gifts and good reputation
- especially check "known scammer threads" (first thread) , (second thread)
Bookmark or toggle these threads as (favorite).

3) check gog wiki scammer database

4) if you are chatting with him/her, find his real name in forum using google, then hover your mouse over his icon and "start conversation" from there to make sure you are talking to right person.

5) if his reputation is below or equal "10" & register year equals current year (2015), then
he sends you the codes first. Anyways, member with lower rep and newer year always sends codes first.

6) you can always deny the deal, nobody is requiring you to do anything.

7) if you are new and have low forum presence - don't trade
Great advice. This should be a sticky (or already is somewhere?).
Post edited December 14, 2015 by MarkoH01
Lin545: 3) check gog wiki scammer database
That list is outdated though.
I would search inside this thread and V2.0 too (so, not just in the general forum).
phaolo: That list is outdated though.
I would search inside this thread and V2.0 too (so, not just in the general forum).
Its revision history says otherwise.