It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bleed: snip
RWarehall: Every other major retailer does "something" including the evil Steam...
This affects their customers and is occurring through the use of their forums.

You can keep making excuses why you are such a GoG fanboy and how "they must have reasons" for doing nothing, but it really makes both you and GoG look like jerks...
I know, and I'm sorry for having a different opinion. But no matter what they do, there will always be bad guys, they will always find ways to slip through the system. Assigning time and resources to something unofficial (as tinyE pointed out) why, the illusion of safety? Risk it escalating into something they won't be able to control? At least this way it can be avoided with common sense.

Censoring parts of trading or whatever, just because you and I think that they should, does not feel like true no-DRM to me.
And hey, if you are always shielded from these things, how else is one to learn to face the real world.
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Bleed
RWarehall: Every other major retailer does "something" including the evil Steam...
This affects their customers and is occurring through the use of their forums.

You can keep making excuses why you are such a GoG fanboy and how "they must have reasons" for doing nothing, but it really makes both you and GoG look like jerks...
I get what you mean, sure it would make their community breeding ground more fertile and clean, but when it comes to obligations, I'd consider other problems here (exploits/bugs in the rep-system, broken board software in general, OS specific update notifications, offering non-regional pricing as standard to devs etc...) to have a much higher priority and I'd like to see the problems they actually have some kind of obligation to fix fixed first.

Imagine you own a shop for video games on a sidewalk with probably some small coffee tables for chit-chat in the corner.
Now imagine people are constantly coming in without buying anything but rather for trading amonst themselves.
What would you think about it, when those are saying "Hey, there are some assholes coming here on are regular basis trying to ruin our little trading corner, we want you to do something about it."

It's a really awkward situation from all perspectives.
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Klumpen0815
deleted
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Fairfox
I told someone that this year would pass and gog wouldn't do anything about it, sure, there's still half of a month but we all know what is(n't) going to happen, right?

Without even checking i feel like this is the rinse and repeat of this forum for the last months, every week someone will get scammed, people will discuss it here with "solutions" and, sorry to be blunt, nothing will come out of it.

People are still buying games (for themselves, gifts, trades or giveaways) so why would gog bother?

For those that got scammed instead of complaining here (sorry to be blunt but it's pointless) you should actually do something about it, i'm not talking about sending futile messages to support, i'm talking about stop buying games here and/or shame gog on their facebook and twitter, they won't move their ass unless their public image is at stake...

Has the gog community manager even improved since i left? Or is it still facebook/twitter/contests in her agenda?
Klumpen0815: I get what you mean, sure it would make their community breeding ground more fertile and clean, but when it comes to obligations, I'd consider other problems here (exploits/bugs in the rep-system, broken board software in general, OS specific update notifications, offering non-regional pricing as standard to devs etc...) to have a much higher priority and I'd like to see the problems they actually have some kind of obligation to fix fixed first.

Imagine you own a shop for video games on a sidewalk with probably some small coffee tables for chit-chat in the corner.
Now imagine people are constantly coming in without buying anything but rather for trading amonst themselves.
What would you think about it, when those are saying "Hey, there are some assholes coming here on are regular basis trying to ruin our little trading corner, we want you to do something about it."

It's a really awkward situation from all perspectives.
But every other business does do something about it. I know retail stores that host games like Magic: The Gathering. I don't think there is a store like that out there that hadn't encountered thieves and scammers from time to time. But every one of them had a list of certain people banned from the store for those reasons. They did something about it. The fact that so many people have been involved in bad trades and so many of the stolen codes go into the same "GoG8" account, don't you think its time for GoG to act?
Why is there no trade window system like in some games you choose a game to give and someone else chooses a game to give to you and then both have to press accept to trade codes and the code status should be viewable.
I can understand why they do nothing. It would be a lot of work to control the trading and in many cases it would be nearly impossible to tell if someone was really scammed or if it is just a false accusation. So it would cost them time, money, man-power and nerves for something they don't profit from.

And let's be honest: A lot of the scamming could be prevented, if people would use common sense. Don't trade with people who you don't know. If you don't know someone and they aren't a forum regular and you want to trade anyway, let him go first. If they don't want to give away their codes first or you are an unknown user too, ask a regular to act as a middleman and let them check the codes first. And if a trade is too good to be true, it's probably not true indeed.
Bleed: Censoring parts of trading or whatever, just because you and I think that they should, does not feel like true DRM-free to me.
Fairfox: lulz, wut. Trading has nothing to do with DRM on a digital store, free or not. Weird definition/defence to me.
DRM-free is not just it's literal meaning, it's an idea and freedom in everything. The no-DRM revolution, does anyone else still remember that?

Haha, okay i think i need to stop watching V for Vendetta.
RWarehall: But every other business does do something about it. I know retail stores that host games like Magic: The Gathering. I don't think there is a store like that out there that hadn't encountered thieves and scammers from time to time. But every one of them had a list of certain people banned from the store for those reasons. They did something about it. The fact that so many people have been involved in bad trades and so many of the stolen codes go into the same "GoG8" account, don't you think its time for GoG to act?
Yeah, but considering how many problems do exist for many years here that haven't been touched, how likely would you consider something to happen about this particular point?

Everytime a post gets downrated, the account loses points, when the account gets voted up and is neutral again, the account doesn't get the lost points back. When this post is voted down AGAIN, the account seems to lose rep again if I've seen this right. That's the real reason why we both don't have above 1000 rep by now btw and why some good long term members are far into the negatives.
The problem is known, I can't have been the only one that has sent support requests a loooong time ago (when I still cared) because of this, but GoG doesn't do jackshit about it. Do you really think they'll fix a problem that isn't even related to their own mistakes when stuff like this isn't touched at all?
Fixing this would probably be a lot less work than building some trading system here.
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Cyraxpt:
Cyraxpt returned!

This week Humble Bundle will be amazing!!!
All they need to do is make an example. There was nothing they could do about our previous long-time scammer because he dealt with Steam codes and they are untrackable. But this new jerk, if they can remove games from accounts for credit card chargebacks, they can remove them because they were scammed...
Cyraxpt:
siulebuo: Cyraxpt returned!

This week Humble Bundle will be amazing!!!
Lol, no, just passing by and during the Christmas period i wouldn't expect a good humble bundle. :)
Cyraxpt: Lol, no, just passing by and during the Christmas period i wouldn't expect a good humble bundle. :)
If you do not expect a good bundle, then all hope is lost... :(

"Passing by" is the beginning of "returning"?
Cyraxpt: ...
Hey Cyraxpt. Good to see you around.
siulebuo: If you do not expect a good bundle, then all hope is lost... :(
Well, with the Steam sale around the corner i find it hard to believe on a good bundle coming out... on the other hand i'm 60% wrong on my predictions... ... ... ok, 80%.

"Passing by" is the beginning of "returning"?
Nah, i miss being around here but gog's apathy just bothers me, hell, while a piece of shit is free to scam whoever he pleases with gog's blessing i can't even post links. :)

Cyraxpt: ...
ZFR: Hey Cyraxpt. Good to see you around.
Hey there gold man! ;)

Edit: Changed something before i get misinterpreted.
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Cyraxpt