It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Coelocanth: It's inevitable. With the influx of new people, there are going to be more and more scammers and asshats. Cryaxpt's suggestion is probably the only way to cull out most of the new scammers.
I still think TBBBBoB's rule of forum participation is the best condition with even a simplified version like atleast one thread discussion with some posts other then just gifting threads for example. The ridiculous rep system is prone to abuse with a lot of older members also being on the receiving end.
stg83: I still think TBBBBoB's rule of forum participation is the best condition with even a simplified version like atleast one thread discussion with some posts other then just gifting threads for example. The ridiculous rep system is prone to abuse with a lot of older members also being on the receiving end.
Good point. Oooh, speaking of that thread, it reminds me I have a bnch of Steam codes I need to get rid of. *scuttles off*
deleted
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
The forum is full of scammers,
Don't let them fuck you!
low rated
Roses are red
orchids are gray
congratulations honey
you have hepatitus A.
Cyraxpt: I'm sorry but if he's doing that it's because people allows him to.

You want to give the extra games from this sale? Make the rep requirement match the price requirement for the unlocks:

1 Rep for Simcity
20 Rep for Stalker CS
50 Rep for Xenonauts

Want to gift other games?

You need to have an account before "x"date
You need "x" rep

Sorry for the new users but rules need to be created (used) to prevent this kind of situation, you can't expect that every new user will be a good person that won't take advantage of you...
pimpmonkey2382.313: We definitely need something like that set in place.
Probably wouldn't hurt if GOG was able to implement it where the gifter can flag a code so it can't be regifted and/or possibly make it where the gifter has to approve a regifting or something.
Post edited June 10, 2015 by lepke1979
low rated
pimpmonkey2382.313: We definitely need something like that set in place.
lepke1979: Probably wouldn't hurt if GOG was able to implement where a gifted code can be flagged where it can't be regifted. Or possibly the gifter has to approve it or something.
Damn fine idea also.
lepke1979: Probably wouldn't hurt if GOG was able to implement where a gifted code can be flagged where it can't be regifted. Or possibly the gifter has to approve it or something.
pimpmonkey2382.313: Damn fine idea also.
Instead of that, since you're getting into a situation where that person has to have the game for themselves as per trade guidelines, why not just have the original owner redeem it directly into the other person's account?
QC: Instead of that, since you're getting into a situation where that person has to have the game for themselves as per trade guidelines, why not just have the original owner redeem it directly into the other person's account?
So that people could redeem games like Hatoful Boyfriend in my account? No, thanks.
QC: Instead of that, since you're getting into a situation where that person has to have the game for themselves as per trade guidelines, why not just have the original owner redeem it directly into the other person's account?
madth3: So that people could redeem games like Hatoful Boyfriend in my account? No, thanks.
Well nobody said you had to play it.
That's an idea too. I was thinking about the flag idea. And other than in giveaways where people might try to pool their codes to one person, I really can't see many reasons why a gifted code should even be regiftable. Either use it or give it back.
OneFiercePuppy: This could just be me being cynical, but it looks a whole lot like our nes400 friend spam-created more alts. Anyone else see something suspicious with pikaboom, ryukenzo, jagoki, segaxt, and cellsuper? All created this month, all entering the same giveaways asking for the same games?

What's that, you say? We have a new wakalo? Alas.
real.geizterfahr: What I don't get is why it is putting so much effort into this oO It could just pirate all the games it wants. Would be much easier and faster than to create multiple accounts and to enter random giveaways for random games :/
Maybe he's pulling as many gift codes as he can to "trade up" towards something he really wants from steam
ericmachado70: Maybe he's pulling as many gift codes as he can to "trade up" towards something he really wants from steam
Or he just want to load several games into several account to sell it later, as used to happen with Steam.
You have quite the fan.
low rated
yogsloth: You have quite the fan.
Unfortunately, a break in romanias condom.