It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Just moved it to another drive and folder and still nothing happens. I click on the game file in my library on GOG and the download will no longer start. Even trying to download games without the downloader will now give errors.

When I click the exe file to install it says files are missing despite me making sure to download all parts of the game files I need. Thus I can no longer install games I purchase. I don't understand why things have now stopped working.

Anyone have a clue ?
darrel: Just moved it to another drive and folder and still nothing happens. I click on the game file in my library on GOG and the download will no longer start. Even trying to download games without the downloader will now give errors.

When I click the exe file to install it says files are missing despite me making sure to download all parts of the game files I need. Thus I can no longer install games I purchase. I don't understand why things have now stopped working.

Anyone have a clue ?
Did you contact GOG support? If not, that'd be a good next step.
Had already done so. No solution. So had to try other things.
demonix00: I don't know why the current version is called the stable release as it most certainly isn't since the first attempt to download one game using it caused my laptop to go haywire and for the downloader to stop responding requiring a forced shutdown of it, and when I started it back up the game that was downloading had vanished from the list and quite frankly the downloader has now been removed from my computer as I'm most likely to be able to download a lot faster downloading it through the web browser (the downloader was only maxed out at around 3MB/s when it should have gotten to the 8MB/s mark).
You may experience a problem with the software but that doesn't mean that because it has a bug it is not the stable release. If one was to hold all software to the same logic then every video game ever made and the majority of all software made would be sold as a never ending "beta" release because all but perhaps the most simplest of all software has bugs in it. "stable" as used as a label for a software release does not mean "completely bug free" nor "nobody will ever nor could ever experience any problem whatsoever while using this" for what it's worth.

I'm just saying.
Don't want to start a new thread just for this, and was directed here from another post (very old one now) for the same problem I'm having. I assume it's just the release of Pillars of Eternity and GOG servers are bogged down, but the download speed is fluctuating wildly while my speed is staying consistent. It'll go all the way up to 7MB/s, around where my DL speed sits, then work its way down to a paltry 600Kb/s. I understand if their servers are just bogged down, but it does tend to grind your gears a bit when a download that should take 10 minutes winds up taking over an hour.

I assume other people are having the same issue...? I'm asking here because I don't necessarily know that it's a bug or error per se, and wouldn't want to send an erroneous error report and waste somebody's time if it's just a known bandwidth issue they plan to work on.
Post edited March 26, 2015 by HempKnight
Is there any way to "import" already downloaded games (by web or gog downloader) to be managed by galaxy without downloading them again ?
bassman7755: Is there any way to "import" already downloaded games (by web or gog downloader) to be managed by galaxy without downloading them again ?
I think there's a way to do that, better ask your question in the GOG Galaxy thread.
Please fix the incorrect password issue. I can't log in via GOG Downloader (and I can via browser), but I don't want to change my password to a simpler one.
Rathori: Please fix the incorrect password issue. I can't log in via GOG Downloader (and I can via browser), but I don't want to change my password to a simpler one.
I'm afraid nobody knows what issue you speak of, but this is not the place to report it either by necro'ing a thread that is years old. Contact GOG support at the link at the bottom of the web page, that is how to ask them to fix something if it is broken, the forums are for customers to banter with each other but not direct GOG support.

If you don't remember your password then you'll have to change it whether you think there is a bug or not. Change it to the same password if you wish, I doubt the software cares if someone does that. Note that GOG Downloader has not been supported for over 2 years now and GOG wont be updating it ever in the future also, so even if there was a bug in it - it wont ever get fixed.

Perhaps not the news you were looking for, sorry about that - but I'm just the messenger, please don't shoot the messenger. :)
skeletonbow: I'm afraid nobody knows what issue you speak of, but this is not the place to report it either by necro'ing a thread that is years old. Contact GOG support at the link at the bottom of the web page, that is how to ask them to fix something if it is broken, the forums are for customers to banter with each other but not direct GOG support.
This issue is mentioned on the previous page. I'm pretty sure people know of it. Also, the last posts before mine were made in December 2016, that's not years ago. And this thread looks like discussing the program is what it's for.

skeletonbow: If you don't remember your password then you'll have to change it whether you think there is a bug or not.
I don't mean to come off rude, but I'm not stupid and I know exactly what my password is. I can log out any time in my browser and log back in using said password, but GOG Downloader wouldn't accept it for some reason.

I'll try to contact the support anyway.
The issue is now solved:

I redownloaded the GOG Downloader installer (downloading the same 3.6.0 stable that I downloaded earlier today), reinstalled it on top of the existing installation (even though it's the same version), and it worked. Maybe the installer got corrupted during the download, or something like that.

Maybe this will help somebody who runs into the same problem.
Post edited March 12, 2017 by Rathori
My GOG downloader stopped working recently (Win XP 32bit), now it always shows connecting/offline without saying to login. I installed it on my laptop, also Win XP 32bit and there it is the same problem. was something changed on the GOG's site of the connection?

and I checked: http://edgecastcdn_net/ it shows 404- not found !!!
does it mean, the login servers for GOG.com downloader are down?
Post edited April 30, 2017 by igorkot
igorkot: My GOG downloader stopped working recently (Win XP 32bit), now it always shows connecting/offline without saying to login. I installed it on my laptop, also Win XP 32bit and there it is the same problem. was something changed on the GOG's site of the connection?

and I checked: http://edgecastcdn_net/ it shows 404- not found !!!
does it mean, the login servers for GOG.com downloader are down?
Did you ever get it working again? I'm having the same exact problem that you are, I'm also on Windows XP 32bit. GOG promised that the downloader would still work side-by-side with Galaxy even though it would no longer undergo development. Since we're on Windows XP, GOG Galaxy is not a supported option for us and we must use the Downloader.
vulchor: Did you ever get it working again? I'm having the same exact problem that you are, I'm also on Windows XP 32bit. GOG promised that the downloader would still work side-by-side with Galaxy even though it would no longer undergo development.
They never promised that, they said they would not intentionally break or end the downloader but made no guarantees that it would keep working.. not sure about your issue though as I no longer use it.
Post edited May 08, 2017 by BKGaming
vulchor: Did you ever get it working again? I'm having the same exact problem that you are, I'm also on Windows XP 32bit. GOG promised that the downloader would still work side-by-side with Galaxy even though it would no longer undergo development.
BKGaming: They never promised that, they said they would not intentionally break or end the downloader but made no guarantees that it would keep working.. not sure about your issue though as I no longer use it.
Thanks for clarifying, but it seems they intentionally broke it as the server that it connects to is no longer operating.