It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Fjellbukken: So, when will GOG.com make a downloader that actually works?

Im sick of reinstalling it. Opera always end up saying theres no registered aplication for downloading the games, barely a day after last reinstall. And with your new and fancy downloader, my internet explorer cant even download the button to press "download" on the games too.

That means i cant access my purchased games no more...
Fallen_Zen: Try using different browser. The Downloader simply registers a protocol in the Registry "gogdownloader://". If the browser saves its own settings like Firefox, you'll have to change its settings.
Yes , but "Fjellbukken" also wrote that :
"my internet explorer cant even download the button to press "download" on the games too. "
which suggests that there also ought to be anoher kind of problem with this setup/install - IMHO.
No downloader for Mac?

Im sick of reinstalling it. Opera always end up saying theres no registered aplication for downloading the games, barely a day after last reinstall. And with your new and fancy downloader, my internet explorer cant even download the button to press "download" on the games too.

Can you be more specific on "cant even download the button to press "download" on the games too"? You mean that clicking the Download button on the website does nothing? If so, make sure that this is set to "OFF": https://www.gog.com/en/account/beta/
telli: No downloader for Mac?
No news on that yet.
Post edited May 07, 2012 by Fallen_Zen
telli: No downloader for Mac?
Does GOG.com sell MAC games ?

Fallen_Zen: Can you be more specific on "cant even download the button to press "download" on the games too"? You mean that clicking the Download button on the website does nothing? If so, make sure that this is set to "OFF": https://www.gog.com/en/account/beta/
Well , it is hard to troubleshoot when one does not have even basic system information such as .O.S. , and other basic information.
Anyway with repect to the I.E. problem I suddenly remember that it sometimes help to delete I.E. cache (including preferred internet sites stuff) and then if it is acting up reset it in I.E. settings , tab "advanced" there should be a button that says "reset" or something at the bottom.... Then close browser and try again....
Post edited May 07, 2012 by FiatLux
Just for the record....

Just installed the 3.1 from the first post.

Upon starting up it notified of an update and then proceeded to download to install.

The install crashed and said to look at logs in appdata\roaming\GOG.com but this path did not exist so could not see logs.

Manually created the %APPDATA%\GOG.com and then opened the application. It then prompted for the update as per before but this time successfully installed and opened it.
jimbob0i0: Just for the record....

Upon starting up it notified of an update and then proceeded to download to install.

The install crashed and said to look at logs in appdata\roaming\GOG.com but this path did not exist so could not see logs.

Manually created the %APPDATA%\GOG.com and then opened the application. It then prompted for the update as per before but this time successfully installed and opened it.
Just for the record ?

I think that your "feedback" were very much "in it's right place" and I think it very good feedback also. !!!

(You just ought to have stated at least your O.S. also to give info about your setup/conditions of experience/error)
Post edited May 07, 2012 by FiatLux
jimbob0i0: Just for the record....

The updated Downloader should fix the problem, so you shouldn't have problems when installing further updates. It should create the folder itself as the above Change log states.
Post edited May 07, 2012 by Fallen_Zen
FiatLux: (You just ought to have stated at least your O.S. also to give info about your setup/conditions of experience/error)
Yeah my bad... I was in a rush (wife glaring at me to get ready to go out) and wanted to get feedback down quickly before I forgot...

Hardware is Macbook Pro 8.2 (late 2011) running 32bit Windows7 Ultimate.

Windows is a fairly clean install (being a fairly new install here so not much cruft in place)...

Otherwise the steps to reproduce and 'fix' are as described .... and FallenZen indicates that the updated Downloader fixes this bug anyway ;)
When I try downloading Alan Wake with the downloader, it keeps telling there's not enough disk space. The hard drive it downloads things to has over 400GB of free space, so I think there might be a bit of a bug there.
Gerwich: When I try downloading Alan Wake with the downloader, it keeps telling there's not enough disk space. The hard drive it downloads things to has over 400GB of free space, so I think there might be a bit of a bug there.
Are you trying to download it to a network share location? If yes, try mounting the network share as a disk on the computer. There was another mention of this error, and it was because the downloader doesn't parse UNC (or however they are called) paths correctly.
On the other hand, if this only happens with Alan Wake, then yes, it is a problem.
Gerwich: When I try downloading Alan Wake with the downloader, it keeps telling there's not enough disk space. The hard drive it downloads things to has over 400GB of free space, so I think there might be a bit of a bug there.
JMich: Are you trying to download it to a network share location? If yes, try mounting the network share as a disk on the computer. There was another mention of this error, and it was because the downloader doesn't parse UNC (or however they are called) paths correctly.
On the other hand, if this only happens with Alan Wake, then yes, it is a problem.
It's not a network share, so that isn't the problem. And I checked, it isn't just Alan Wake, it's any game, but not the extras for some reason.
Gerwich: It's not a network share, so that isn't the problem. And I checked, it isn't just Alan Wake, it's any game, but not the extras for some reason.
Just tried downloading a game and it worked fine. It is probably the download location you are using, though I can't recall what the problematic ones were. Try to download it to another folder (c:\gog for example), and see if that fixes it for you. If not, wait for a bluetext to respond, or post anything else you may think relevant.
JMich: Just tried downloading a game and it worked fine. It is probably the download location you are using, though I can't recall what the problematic ones were. Try to download it to another folder (c:\gog for example), and see if that fixes it for you. If not, wait for a bluetext to respond, or post anything else you may think relevant.
Changing the download location worked. Thanks for the help.
Gerwich: Changing the download location worked. Thanks for the help.
Out of curiosity for helping the next one with this error, care to tell us what the download location was? I'd guess the root folder, but I'm not certain.