It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
A_Future_Pilot: I was just using the downloader the other day, and I had left it to run (I have a VERY slow internet connection), but then Windows rebooted because of updates and I lost my download progress (it had been at like 95%). Is there any way to resume downloads that are stopped like that?
Run the GOG Downloader and add a game again.
A_Future_Pilot: I was just using the downloader the other day, and I had left it to run (I have a VERY slow internet connection), but then Windows rebooted because of updates and I lost my download progress (it had been at like 95%). Is there any way to resume downloads that are stopped like that?
Szulak: Run the GOG Downloader and add a game again. The download should resume, if not please contact me again.
Hello there,

Have anyone exerienced the same problem ? The GOG downloader (up-to-date) stops downloading when Windows 7 auto-locks my Windows session (no password - the other programs like Steam keeps on downloading when the session is auto-locked). I have to click Pause All then reclick on Resume All to get it started again. It is really frustrating.

Any hint?
appzer0: Hello there,

Have anyone exerienced the same problem ? The GOG downloader (up-to-date) stops downloading when Windows 7 auto-locks my Windows session (no password - the other programs like Steam keeps on downloading when the session is auto-locked). I have to click Pause All then reclick on Resume All to get it started again. It is really frustrating.

Any hint?
I will take a look on this issue at Monday, thank you for reporting it.
Thanks Szulak! Meanwhile I deactivated the W7's session lock and everything is doing fine.
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me out, I have the latest version of GOG installed on a win8 64, whenever I try to launch it, nothing happens. I see a couple of programs, COM Surrogate, running on task manager when I try to run it, then after a few seconds they close.
I have GOG installed outside the windows partition if that helps.
What do i do?
this what it said:Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID=0xbcc (3020),Thread ID=0xbd0 (3024).

Click ok to terminate the application
or
Click CANCEL to debug the application.
-------------------------
Now i Click CANCEL to debug ,But.......................................it said ................. No Registered JLT debugger was Specified.
Click on retry to process wait attaching a debugger manually
or
CANCEL to abort debug request .

But nothing works . so i can you help me c: ?
Using latest stable version Windows - 3.5.8 and found a problem in settings.
Currently on Windows version Vista Home Premium x64 and when updating settings the 'Save downloads to:' browse has a problem.

When browsing to a file path on a secondary hard drive and select, a folder it reverts back to the original file path on the primary hard drive; however, some other folders work fine.

In my case I have multiple windows installations, but I like to keep my downloads together in one place, so the folder I was browsing to is I:\Users\MyActualUsername\Downloads\GoG once I click on the GoG folder in that path I click the OK button and the save downloads to path does not change. Selecting another folder using the same browse and drill down method I was able to get it to successfully change to a path on my I: secondary hard drive by creating and selecting I:\Games\GoG\Downloads
Post edited July 21, 2013 by BlueKronos
Using the latest stable version, and no problems here, just an interesting report.

I've noticed that installers download much more slowly than extras. I expected that all the threads would be for the same file and the files would download in order, but instead the extras for games seem to download much more quickly than installers. Is there some kind of limit on how the installers are downloaded, or are threads portioned out in such a ways as to prioritize extras?

Everything is working fine, I just noticed this and got curious.
I'm having an odd error both when running the downloader and when using direct downloads from the site. It seems that whenever I start either my router goes into a cycle of resetting itself. It's impossible to by pass the router as it is an all-in-one wireless router modem combo from my ISP. I did a quick google search for things related to this and round nothing. Any suggestions or ideas would be of great help.
HGiles: Using the latest stable version, and no problems here, just an interesting report.

I've noticed that installers download much more slowly than extras. I expected that all the threads would be for the same file and the files would download in order, but instead the extras for games seem to download much more quickly than installers. Is there some kind of limit on how the installers are downloaded, or are threads portioned out in such a ways as to prioritize extras?

Everything is working fine, I just noticed this and got curious.
Usually, a download speed of the installers should be a way higher than extras download speed due to multi threaded downloading. Anyway, the speed also depends from which CDN you're downloading from (some of them are faster, another slower). What download speed have you got (installers & extras) and what's your downlink?

Norade: I'm having an odd error both when running the downloader and when using direct downloads from the site. It seems that whenever I start either my router goes into a cycle of resetting itself. It's impossible to by pass the router as it is an all-in-one wireless router modem combo from my ISP. I did a quick google search for things related to this and round nothing. Any suggestions or ideas would be of great help.
Most likely your ISP might blocking our servers. I would contact them firstly and ask about that. If it's not that case, we will go more deeply into it.

BlueKronos: Using latest stable version Windows - 3.5.8 and found a problem in settings.
Currently on Windows version Vista Home Premium x64 and when updating settings the 'Save downloads to:' browse has a problem.

When browsing to a file path on a secondary hard drive and select, a folder it reverts back to the original file path on the primary hard drive; however, some other folders work fine.

In my case I have multiple windows installations, but I like to keep my downloads together in one place, so the folder I was browsing to is I:\Users\MyActualUsername\Downloads\GoG once I click on the GoG folder in that path I click the OK button and the save downloads to path does not change. Selecting another folder using the same browse and drill down method I was able to get it to successfully change to a path on my I: secondary hard drive by creating and selecting I:\Games\GoG\Downloads
The downloader prevents setting a download path if it's can not write to that location. Is it valid hard disk (might any software block access to it) ?
I am using Windows 7 64 bit and my Downloader is 3.5.8.0. The issue that I have is that whenever I download something new and then restart the downloader (e.g. restart the computer) it downloads the same files again. The only way that I can fix this is always to go in and clear the downloader cache. Is there another way of resolving this instead of always clearing the cache after I download a file?
Fosterinn: I am using Windows 7 64 bit and my Downloader is 3.5.8.0. The issue that I have is that whenever I download something new and then restart the downloader (e.g. restart the computer) it downloads the same files again. The only way that I can fix this is always to go in and clear the downloader cache. Is there another way of resolving this instead of always clearing the cache after I download a file?
If this happens with installers, it's not actually downloading but verifying. The progress bar should move much faster, usually in chunks of 10MB. I'm not sure if the extras support resuming or not, but can't recall encountering said problem.
Fosterinn: I am using Windows 7 64 bit and my Downloader is 3.5.8.0. The issue that I have is that whenever I download something new and then restart the downloader (e.g. restart the computer) it downloads the same files again. The only way that I can fix this is always to go in and clear the downloader cache. Is there another way of resolving this instead of always clearing the cache after I download a file?
JMich: If this happens with installers, it's not actually downloading but verifying. The progress bar should move much faster, usually in chunks of 10MB. I'm not sure if the extras support resuming or not, but can't recall encountering said problem.
I move the files from the download folder into another location on my computer once the downloads are complete. So this how I know that it redownloading the files and not just verifying them.
Fosterinn: I move the files from the download folder into another location on my computer once the downloads are complete. So this how I know that it redownloading the files and not just verifying them.
I assume you are not pressing "Clear completed" in the downloader? Can't recall encountering this problem, though I prefer to not view any of the completed downloads in the downloader. It should be more or less equivalent to clearing the cache though.