It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Tebeloy: Hi.I have recently bought The Witcher 2 but i cant download it from gog downloader.I insatalled the latest one alongside with net frame work 3.5.But when i click the ''Windows installer english'' button nothing happens.I dont want to download it separately because this game is huge.I am using Windows 8.Sorry for my bad english.
Did you turn the GOG Downloader mode on?
Tebeloy: Hi.I have recently bought The Witcher 2 but i cant download it from gog downloader.I insatalled the latest one alongside with net frame work 3.5.But when i click the ''Windows installer english'' button nothing happens.I dont want to download it separately because this game is huge.I am using Windows 8.Sorry for my bad english.
Szulak: Did you turn the GOG Downloader mode on?
Yes i did.It seems it is not possible for me to download it by using google chrome.Something must be wrong.But now i have switched to internet explorer,it works fine.Thank you
Thanks for the reply....

zzqzzq_zzq: 1) Some sort of visual feed back of exactly which item you've right clicked and are about to select "remove from list" for.... Twould be moderately annoying to remove an almost completed download, cause you missed with the mouse.
JMich: There should be a think outline around the item you right clicked, though it can be easy to miss unfortunately.
I double checked. There isn't anything visible on my system.

zzqzzq_zzq: 2) Some way of prioritizing individual items in the download list. I'd of liked some way of queueing up all all the downloads in the downloader, then being able to prioritize things so I can have something to look through while waiting for the bigger pieces to download.
JMich: Currently, you can prioritze between games (Download Planescape Torment before Baldur's Gate) by drag and dropping the game's images, and you can also prioritize the items of a game (again drag and drop), for example download the manual, then the installer, then the avatars and soundtrack.
Unfortunately, you can't mix those two, so you can't have the order be "Baldur's Gate manual, Planescape manual, Baldur's Gate installer, Planescape Installer".
Ah, I did not know that... That's a little better, but like you said, I'd like to be able to prioritize the manuals above the installers on occasion. (Eventually, I got bored waiting on things, and went to bed, and they were mostly done by morning.)

But consider it a request if GOG is watching....

JMich: Should you have any other questions about the downloader, don't hesitate to ask, but be aware that GOG is europe based, thus usually awake when you are sleeping (and vice versa).
Yeah, I know... thanks for the follow up...

Cheers..
Hello, I'm having trouble with an unhandled exception in GOG Downloader whenever it tries to start.

1. 3.4.8
2. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1.
3. English
5. Exception from log:

Stack trace: at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at GOGCompanionApp.UserPreferences.Load() in C:\GOG Downloader\Stable\GOG Downloader\UserPreferences.cs:line 119
at GOGCompanionApp.UserPreferences..ctor() in C:\GOG Downloader\Stable\GOG Downloader\UserPreferences.cs:line 62
at GOGCompanionApp.AppWindow.Window_Closing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e) in C:\GOG Downloader\Stable\GOG Downloader\AppWindow.xaml.cs:line 1351
at System.Windows.Window.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Window.InternalClose(Boolean shutdown, Boolean ignoreCancel)
at System.Windows.Application.DoShutdown()
at System.Windows.Application.ShutdownImpl()
at System.Windows.Application.ShutdownCallback(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at SingleInstanceApplication.SingleInstanceApplicationWrapper.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) in C:\GOG Downloader\Stable\GOG Downloader\Startup.cs:line 78
Inner exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:\Users\Kronus\AppData\Local\GOG.com\GOG.com_Downloader.exe_Url_s12e0e2ucnge1434nht10dvruobj1wma\3.4.8.0\use r.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil..ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)

This has continued even after uninstalling and attempting to reinstall.
I will take a look on this issue tomorrow, thanks. Meanwhile, could you check if problem occurs if you are running the GOG Downloader as administrator?
The downloader definately needs a more robust means of doing an integrity check, and a way to force such a check. I spent most of this weekend trying to install Planescape: Torment (PST). I was trying everything and I kept on asking the downloader to redownload it again, since I know that it does do some kind of checking in the download process. It kept on giving me a yellow bar which usually indicates that it is good, errors being indicated with a grey bar with a message below. It wasn't until somebody mentioned a checksum in another thread that it crossed my mind that the Downloader might not be trustworthy. I redownloaded it via my browser and it installed without a hitch.

At this point it makes me wonder how many of my downloads are actually no good. So in addition to having the means to do an integrity check on an problematic file, it'd also be helpful if the Downloader was capable of checking our libraries.

Hardware:
i7-3770 (4 cores, though the hyperthreading makes it show as 8 in someplaces)
16GB RAM

Downloader: 3.4.8.0
Post edited April 07, 2013 by etsy
I have a problem in downloading Planescape Torment using the GoG downloader. The file size keeps going back and doesn't accumulate for some reason. Like when the download tries to reach to 260 mb, it'll go back to 250 mb and this happens on and on. The actual file size however is different sitting at around 460 mb and increasing.

1. Downloader version: 3.4.8.0 (stable)
2. OS version: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
3. OS language: English (US)
4. Downloader log: pastebin.com/MartnqjA
etsy: ...
Could you post a contents of your log file (or upload to any paste-bin like service) please?

whoami64: I have a problem in downloading Planescape Torment using the GoG downloader. The file size keeps going back and doesn't accumulate for some reason. Like when the download tries to reach to 260 mb, it'll go back to 250 mb and this happens on and on. The actual file size however is different sitting at around 460 mb and increasing.

1. Downloader version: 3.4.8.0 (stable)
2. OS version: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
3. OS language: English (US)
4. Downloader log: pastebin.com/MartnqjA
I have checked your log file, and there are several "connection timeout" errors. This error usually occurs when there is a connection lost (one of our servers is temporary unavailable, or your home connection is down). Could you try to download the game again from scratch again?
Post edited April 08, 2013 by Szulak
I have now managed to get the GOG Downloader to work again.

When I updated Microsoft .NET 3.5 (or 4.0?) to 4.5 then the Downloader stopped working, i.e. it crashed on start. I have now uninstalled .NET 4.5. Apparently .NET 3.5 is a feature of Windows 7 and it is turned back on automatically when a higher .NET version is uninstalled.

Thanks fot the help! :-)
Post edited April 09, 2013 by lexbergf
I bought Neighbours from hell compilation yesterday but until now I was not able to download it. I tried to download it with windows installer but after almost whole day of waiting for it to finish downloading it says it is corrupted when I tried to run the file. I already downloaded the gog .com but it is not giving any option to add the file. I attached the screenshot. I hope somebody can help me on this issue.
Attachments:
feya: I bought Neighbours from hell compilation yesterday but until now I was not able to download it. I tried to download it with windows installer but after almost whole day of waiting for it to finish downloading it says it is corrupted when I tried to run the file. I already downloaded the gog .com but it is not giving any option to add the file. I attached the screenshot. I hope somebody can help me on this issue.
1. Go to the https://secure.gog.com/account/games#open=neighbours+from+hell+compilation

2. Make sure the GOG Downloader mode is turned on - http://i.imgur.com/ZEd1XPw.png

3. Press the Windows installer button, it should add a game to the queue.
Szulak: I have checked your log file, and there are several "connection timeout" errors. This error usually occurs when there is a connection lost (one of our servers is temporary unavailable, or your home connection is down). Could you try to download the game again from scratch again?
Hi, unfortunately it's true there is a connection problem on my end. I will try to download it again when I've a stable connection.
Hi. having a little trouble with the downloader.
Just got the D&D collections and added them all to download list fine and it downloads all the extras fine but when it finishes downloading a main game files it seems to sort of freeze downloading.
I Assumed it was doing checks on the file(s) before moving on but left for half an hour with no network or cpu usage so gave up and shutdown the downloader, loaded it back up and it will then straight away say completed and move on...

Has done it for Neverwinter nights and Planscape; torment so far but both pass integrity checks and installed fine.
pepperammi: Hi. having a little trouble with the downloader.
Just got the D&D collections and added them all to download list fine and it downloads all the extras fine but when it finishes downloading a main game files it seems to sort of freeze downloading.
I Assumed it was doing checks on the file(s) before moving on but left for half an hour with no network or cpu usage so gave up and shutdown the downloader, loaded it back up and it will then straight away say completed and move on...

Has done it for Neverwinter nights and Planscape; torment so far but both pass integrity checks and installed fine.
It's a known issue, we are working on the fix. Unfortunately it's a quite difficult since many users has unstable net connection. If it downloaded successfully and the games passed integrity check, all should be fine :)
pepperammi: Hi. having a little trouble with the downloader.

Szulak: It's a known issue, we are working on the fix. Unfortunately it's a quite difficult since many users has unstable net connection. If it downloaded successfully and the games passed integrity check, all should be fine :)
OK Thanks.