It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
korell: How large are the chunks of data?
Fallen_Zen: Normally data is downloaded in 10MB chunks (per thread) with some exceptions like The Witcher games (chunks are 50MB).
So if I had downloaded 70MB then one would assume that that would be 7 confirmed as good chunks (the game in question was Fallout 1). So why would these later get taken to be bad resulting in the progress bar reducing to zero? Even though my net usage clearly shows that it didn't redownload them anyway, so it just doesn't add up.

Anyway, had another issue this evening. I downloaded a number of games with the downloader without problem (Fallout 2, Populous 1 and 2, Teenagent, Ultima IV, Ultima Martian Dreams, Ultima Savage World, Screamer, Tyrian 2000). Then I set off Shadow Warrior. This started okay, but then after I'd downloaded 230MB of data the downloader showed it was frozen at 190MB downloaded. Initially I assumed it was as Szulak has stated, that it was bad chunks downloaded so I only had 190MB good data done. However, pausing and restarting did nothing and it just wasn't downloading anything. So I quit the downloader and restarted it and it came up immediately saying that the download was complete, 230MB. I went to the file, it had the GOG icon, the digital signature came up OK, so it seems fine. No idea why the downloader progress bar was frozen.
that won't really help you :

but ; u can try this , to see if it's the downloader or your Wifi connection the problem

the downloader has many flaws , too much , in my opinion.

use the browser to d/l the files , ok u lost the resume fonction : which doesn't work at 100%
and u lost the queued fonction , which is usefull.

if u need to check the files downloaded :

i use 2 ways :

For a game with one exe only :

- check the digital signiature

For a game with an exe and one or multiples bin files :

place the game installers files in the same directory as the downloader would create, then redownload the game with the downloader - > an integrity check will be performed (this method avoid to lauch the installer)

maybe some people have better solutions than mine.

i've heard some 3rd parry downloader works aswell , honestly i never tried and i don't remember which ones..

there're some bugs like :

- even the queue list is emply after u canceled a download , there's still data incoming -> only way to stop this : close the downloader.

- sometimes the resume fonction simply doesn't work

and i can continue with a lots of flaws.

note to the devs : yes everyting is ok in my end.

to me the downloader is only good to 2 things : check if they are silent updates and check a game with multiples files is ok. When it would work in a better fashion i would change my mind, right now , no thanks. Though it seems to work better than there's some months. They just need to stop to add fonctions , and fix which doesn't work has intended.
Post edited April 09, 2013 by DyNaer
The version 1 installers all had an integrity check, including those with only one exe and no bin files. I used to find that useful to check my installers were fine, especially the multi-part exe+bins installers.

Now that we have the v2 installers, they have digital signatures for the single exes and the multi-part exe+bins does still have an integrity check, but only on running the installation itself, so you can't run the check without clicking to install the game. I'd like to have the option to run the installer and just run the integrity check without installing the game.

But your method for downloading and then using the downloader to check the file is a definite possibility. Thing is, my slow net means I need the resume function for the large games. I could download the bin files one at a time, but then over the time it would take, and with GOG currently rolling out silent updates, I'm at risk of getting old and new files mixed up if they make a new release before I finish getting them all from the previous version. :(
korell: The version 1 installers all had an integrity check, including those with only one exe and no bin files. I used to find that useful to check my installers were fine, especially the multi-part exe+bins installers.

Now that we have the v2 installers, they have digital signatures for the single exes and the multi-part exe+bins does still have an integrity check, but only on running the installation itself, so you can't run the check without clicking to install the game. I'd like to have the option to run the installer and just run the integrity check without installing the game.

But your method for downloading and then using the downloader to check the file is a definite possibility. Thing is, my slow net means I need the resume function for the large games. I could download the bin files one at a time, but then over the time it would take, and with GOG currently rolling out silent updates, I'm at risk of getting old and new files mixed up if they make a new release before I finish getting them all from the previous version. :(
yup i perfectly understand your problem , with the wifi , myself i have a slowest connection , however i don't use a wireless connection. But still time to time the browser failed to finish a downlaod . I must deal with , but i trust far more my browser than the downloader ....

i never ended up with a mixed files for a game so far, consider i have a slower connection then but with probably less timeout than you have.

try a bit my method , if not satisfy back to the downloader. i don't have other idea , except than the gog support would help us.... but i agree the shaddy updates are just disrecpectfull to us.and doesn't give a good impression.. :(
Post edited April 09, 2013 by DyNaer
I'll have a play about, see what works best. After all, I have lots of updated installers with which to try out different methods. >_< Really wish GOG wouldn't make changes without changing installer version numbers though. I used to check for new installers by initiating downloads and checking the filename for the version, then downloading if I needed it. Now I can't do that as they are not always changing the version number. :(

As for my internet, it is currently in a worse condition than it usually is in, and my ISP is investigating it. At present my router is connected to the main socket downstairs (so that the ISP can send speed tests to the line) but as my machine is upstairs at the other side of the house, the only way I can get a signal is via using my mobile phone on USB tether to the router via wifi, meaning that every now and then I get drop outs. Once I can put my router back upstairs on the extension socket my wifi should be much better again, and hopefully once my ISP has sent out their engineer I might be able to hope to reach 2.5Mbit again.

One day I'll get fibre and have fast internet, one day. :P
Just re-posting this from another topic at the request of the lovely Judasiscariot :)

START OF COPIED MESSAGE (BOLD AND ITALLICS NOT WORKING FOR ME)

Anyone have any idea what a checksum error is when I'm downloading a game?

It's with Two Worlds and I'm having a hell of a time getting it to download.

Made two attempts earlier in the week, one using GOG's downloader and one with the Windows downloader.

The GOG downloader froze a few bytes before the end and refused to go any further, so I downloaded it through Windows. This time, the files were corrupted.

Tonight I've just attempted to download it again through the GOG downloader and it stopped midway through with the message "Checksum error. Contact support".

END OF COPIED MESSAGE

That's what I posted in another topic.

Update on that is I'm now trying it thru Down Them All and, so far, (touch wood!) it's running smoothly.

Judas says he " just checked Two Worlds via the downloader and ran the installer with the integrity check and all went normal", so he was asking if I'd been having a slowdown while internet surfing at my end.

My answer? "Nope, things have been running the same for me as always" :)

And no, we definitely don't have the world's fastest internet in Thailand but I can usually get games to download with few problems. I also downloaded Realms of Arkadia and The Longest Journey a couple of days ago -- no problems there either.

As for my system --

Downloader version is latest one as I just downloaded it a couple of days ago again.

Operating system? Windows 7

Sorry, can't find the downloader following the path suggested in the staff post above - it does not exist there under my Windows 7 system.

And sorry, I have to go as it's getting on for midnight here and still have some work to finish up. Will post later if I get the game downloaded thru DTA.
Post edited April 10, 2013 by Bloodygoodgames
Quick update. The fourth attempt worked :)

Down Them All had no problems with it, so I'm about to get started playing.

Not sure about the GOG downloader, as I often seem to have problems with it? Will post here again if I have another problem on the next game I download (should be downloading Neverwinter Nights this weekend and will try it on the installer first :)
Hey i have problem when download The Witcher EE for gog downloader, 4-5 minutes downloading i have error
gog downloader checksum error on chunk 0. I use windows 8 please help me.
airandill: Hey i have problem when download The Witcher EE for gog downloader, 4-5 minutes downloading i have error
gog downloader checksum error on chunk 0. I use windows 8 please help me.
Could you post a contents of your log file please?
Log file where is it ?, i didn't have seen log downloader.
airandill: Log file where is it ?, i didn't have seen log downloader.
The log file is located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
airandill: Log file where is it ?, i didn't have seen log downloader.
Szulak: The log file is located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
I cannot post with log and cannot add file with log file, beacuse this is not jpg or image file.
Szulak: The log file is located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
airandill: I cannot post with log and cannot add file with log file, beacuse this is not jpg or image file.
Open the log file in notepad and post it on website like pastebin.com
airandill: I cannot post with log and cannot add file with log file, beacuse this is not jpg or image file.
Szulak: Open the log file in notepad and post it on website like pastebin.com
http://pastebin.com/ is not working i send you pm
And you read it you have my pm ?.
Post edited April 11, 2013 by airandill
Szulak: Open the log file in notepad and post it on website like pastebin.com
airandill: http://pastebin.com/ is not working i send you pm
And you read it you have my pm ?.
I haven't your PM. If pastebin.com doesn't work, you can try another services like it.