It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re happy to announce that we’re slowly starting to roll out a new game catalog on GOG. Today, first users will get the chance to check new and robust ways to browse the entire offer on the store.

With more than 5500 products in the catalog, searching for the next game to play or discovering the gems to add to your collection can be a hassle. We understand that – we’ve been listening to your feedback and researching ways to improve your experience with GOG’s offer.

Now, we've introduced the new catalog on GOG to the first group of users – some of you may have already noticed the change. It allows for a more customized search, adding more ways to sort and filter games via price range, genres, release date range, and newly introduced tags system. You can see a little sneak peek at the attached image.

In the coming weeks, we will be rolling out the new catalog to more users, while we test its performance. Let us know how you like it!
Post edited October 19, 2021 by elcook
Adding my vote to the inclusion of negative filters and to use tags to indicate what genre/characteristics a game has.

Also, can someone clarify if Release Date is the original release date from way back when or is it when it was released on GOG? Personally I would like both categories of Release Dates available (but separate! This is critical) but if it is only one this should be stated somewhere.
Will we have the ability to only display games that are DRM-free?
Very nice, thanks for this!
I would love to finally see the filters fixed for wishlists.

If you filter your wishlist to only show games with achievements it doesn't do anything.

Reported this a good while ago too, in case anyone wants to point out that I can report bugs through the usual channels.
Still can't ignore games
glassedsilver: Reported this a good while ago too, in case anyone wants to point out that I can report bugs through the usual channels.
Most filters for the wishlist are broken. I reported that same issue as ticket #1000944 back in February. By the time support got back to me after the usual 5-week delay, I'd discovered and added another dozen issues or so to the ticket.

The response was a bizarre mixture of "I'll pass this to the relevant team", misunderstanding the problem, and telling me to create a new community wishlist item. Nothing has been fixed after all this time.
Can we finally ignore games please? So we won't see them whether in browser or in Galaxy.
Would be great to have had genre filters. No idea why that is not implemented over a generic "action" filter that says nothing about what you have an interest in playing.

It would be like adding Dchindlers List next to John Wick, because both have forms of "action"(tense moments). But ignoring the specifics of the tension.

I want to look up space games. Then another filter for fps over over rts..welp, guess i have to sift the entire library as a casual gamer....o wait. No. I wont.

See how that doesnt serve your business?

Side note, please fix the site for when vertical devices like tablets and phones are used. Much of the screen even as I type this is off screen.

lastly, I have a permanent purple dot stuck to the Community forum button. Even after I have visited each response. How am I supposed to know what is replied to when the darn jing does go away after everythings been read??
Post edited October 20, 2021 by ChuckBeaver
Thanks for finally bringing back the "hide owned games" feature from years ago.
Still no sorting by current (with all discounts) price.
#depressed
cmclout: What would be really helpful is an option to mark a game as "Ignored" like Steam has and be able to filter ignored games out of the search results. That way, we don't have to see the same games we don't care about over and over again.
Definitely.

It's a big drag on my enthusiasm to buy that I have to manually keep track of what's published by 505 Games to enforce my boycott, punishing them for their part in the Bloodstained kickstarter dropping the promised native Linux version and then BSing about it and getting away with the old fraud trick of "Oh, we can't refund you for our breach of contract. We spent that money. We're operating on different money now."

(Seriously. If someone had the time and money to take them to court over it, it's likely the judge would have said "Liquidate assets or sell off IP if you have to. That's fraud." The whole reason I backed Bloodstained was to encourage more native Linux games.)
Post edited October 20, 2021 by ssokolow
high rated
The image is clearly fake. There's no purple dot in it. Impossible.
I'm not sure what this is. It looks mostly cosmetic with just the filters reworked apart from the "hide owned games feature"

I don't want to be negative but there are various things which make this not as useful as it can be. It's first of all hampered by the fact you can own a full edition of a game yet it's not marked as such. This is a problem GOG created by having such separate editions in the first place. The catalogue should only show base games and not editions or DLCs. This is probably an issue confusing publishers as well as on Steam an edition is mostly just a collection of items and not really a different game.

Then while a features filter is nice the store pages for games are a mess and not properly marked. For instance "roguelikes" or "lites" aren't always marked as a genre. Then publishers seem to think they can simply remove save functionality and a game becomes a roguelike in order to ride the hype train. "Features" such as permadeath (as a game mechanic) or no save ability should be clearly marked.

As has been said there should be the ability to hide or ignore certain genres, mechanics or games. Separate user defined wishlists will also be welcome. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction with more to come but in order for it to not be just a cosmetic change more needs to be done to change the catalogue and make it more flexible.
I played a little with it especially with the "Hide owned".

It would be great if Gog could fix the way it detect which games are owned or not. I have tons of games that appear as "not owned" even thought I own them in one version or another. That you see the "deluxe" version when you own the standard is one thing, but if you own the deluxe it will list the standard and all the goodies of the deluxe version as not owned.

For example I own Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous - Mythic edition but it list me the Core, the Commander, the season pass, etc.. as not owned. It's not a new issue but it become even more visible now and it limit the usability of the "Hide owned filter"
SmollestLight: We are uploading a better picture :) and remember the Forum doesn't show images, and to see it you will have to visit it from the front page or use this link.
Besides those work on new filter on store page, don't forget to FIX some filters on User Wishlist Page such as: "Features" and "Price", this filters don't work as they should! Price filter work incorrectly with prices and Features filter don't work at all - when I choose one of the features it give me all games in my Wishlist, even those that don't have this feature!
Attachments: