It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re happy to announce that we’re slowly starting to roll out a new game catalog on GOG. Today, first users will get the chance to check new and robust ways to browse the entire offer on the store.

With more than 5500 products in the catalog, searching for the next game to play or discovering the gems to add to your collection can be a hassle. We understand that – we’ve been listening to your feedback and researching ways to improve your experience with GOG’s offer.

Now, we've introduced the new catalog on GOG to the first group of users – some of you may have already noticed the change. It allows for a more customized search, adding more ways to sort and filter games via price range, genres, release date range, and newly introduced tags system. You can see a little sneak peek at the attached image.

In the coming weeks, we will be rolling out the new catalog to more users, while we test its performance. Let us know how you like it!
Post edited October 19, 2021 by elcook
high rated
Another vote here for an 'Ignore Game' option, as there are a number of games that have quite creative or misleading titles that I would never, ever be interested in. And there will no doubt be more games in future that will not interest me, so it would be great to have the option to see them once, and never see them again. :)
Nice! and link very helpful.
https://www.gog.com/news/introducing_new_ways_to_browse_and_filter_game_catalog

Please keep continuing to develop search engine dear Gog.com.
As year, tags and price options are essential, good details.

I would love to make playlists for my friends (can be done with playing with link yet) "create playlist and link to it" option would be great, and search by word in description is helpful when one does not remember title.
Attachments:
Post edited October 22, 2021 by user deleted
So, about how long is the rollout expected to take to be in effect for all users?

Cause I'm still waiting.
Trooper1270: Another vote here for an 'Ignore Game' option, as there are a number of games that have quite creative or misleading titles that I would never, ever be interested in. And there will no doubt be more games in future that will not interest me, so it would be great to have the option to see them once, and never see them again. :)
I do think there should be a way to make sure people are aware they've hidden games whenever they browse the catalog (like a button that stands out somehow), in case they hide one by mistake and have to be reminded that something they want may have been hidden.

But yes "Ignore Game" should be a thing added to the catalog. I don't think it'll happen any time soon but would be nice for people.
SmollestLight: We are uploading a better picture :) and remember the Forum doesn't show images, and to see it you will have to visit it from the front page or use this link.
I like the changes. Particularly hide owned, hide extras and price range options, but I do have a few suggestions:

A proper option to filter out demos (and permanently delete them from the library for that matter) would be nice.

When bought in a bundle, deluxe editions of some games (like Shadowrun HK Deluxe and Darksiders III Deluxe) aren't marked as owned, thus aren't filtered out and that creates entirely unnecessary confusion and annoyance. A fix or some "hide same" workaround if fixing this is indeed impossible would be appreciated. I'm sure that in said confusion users bug support about it now and then, as did I, so fixing this would reduce the number of tickets as well.

Some people (now, I'm not one of them, mind) thus far complained about particularly explicit games, be they sexual or violent, and some states forbid overt promotion of such games. If you ever feel pressured to remove or country-lock said games, consider doing what some other platforms do, instead making those games hidden by default (fairly similar to what you did with DLC already) and implementing a checkbox in profile settings that would, in bold font, verify the user's age and consent to view such games.
Post edited October 28, 2021 by Chasmancer
I hope that gog will implement the new filters soon because since they announced this the catalog search by navigation does not work and only shows the total of games, I can not filter by company or genre if I click directly.
The update is now working for me, I see there's a tag thing. How does it work, can users create tags and apply them to the games?

Also, another vote to 'Ignore game' option.

argamasa: I hope that gog will implement the new filters soon because since they announced this the catalog search by navigation does not work and only shows the total of games, I can not filter by company or genre if I click directly.
Yeah, this was happening to me as well, I had to click several times on a publisher for the filter to work. But now that I got the update, it seems to be fixed.
The experience of browsing the store has dramatically improved. With a couple of small improvements it could become truly awesome.

Add the option to view IN DEV titles so they can be either hidden or shown like DLC and already owned games
Add a filter for recommended age
Add a checkbox to put games on a negative list so they will not be shown
Add an option allowing to click on tags on a store-page and have them automatically be added to the list

I hope you will consider these suggestions. Thank you for listening and all the many hours your team has put into this project.
GOG.com: ...
I hope something else you'll look into is effectively bringing back GOGMixes, if need be in the "Partner"/collection layout, like https://www.gog.com/partner/2021halloween_Adam. Let users create their own unlimited(?) number of collections. having a way for others to find them might be more difficult.
Post edited October 28, 2021 by tfishell
UPDATED: I´ve check now and have access to the new catalog browser and used it a bit and.... please Gog read this and keep in mind:

- 1. There is no option to hide the left column as before. It was very useful to navigate after applied the filters.

- 2. You´ve removed the bestselling (all time), why? It´s fun to see what are the most selling games and buying accordng this.

Please, add these two changes to the new browser.
GOG.com: We’re happy to announce that we’re slowly starting to roll out a new game catalog on GOG.
When I'm not logged in to GOG I get the old catalog pages. When I'm logged in, I get the new catalog pages. Is there any trick to still get the old catalog pages when logged in?
Could it hide demo?
〇一〇: Could it hide demo?
There is no specific filter for that. Browsing the shop without filters, you can set the lowest amount to ¥0.1 When browsing discounted items, the lowest amount is set automatically. In both cases you will not see any demos or free items.

To browse only free games and demos you can either click on 仅显示免费游戏 or set the price range min and max to 0.00
How is the roll out going?

Not here yet...
I like the new catalog browsing and filtering, it's much better, however I miss the 'Date Added' sorting option from the old version. Is there any chance to get this option back?