It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re happy to announce that we’re slowly starting to roll out a new game catalog on GOG. Today, first users will get the chance to check new and robust ways to browse the entire offer on the store.

With more than 5500 products in the catalog, searching for the next game to play or discovering the gems to add to your collection can be a hassle. We understand that – we’ve been listening to your feedback and researching ways to improve your experience with GOG’s offer.

Now, we've introduced the new catalog on GOG to the first group of users – some of you may have already noticed the change. It allows for a more customized search, adding more ways to sort and filter games via price range, genres, release date range, and newly introduced tags system. You can see a little sneak peek at the attached image.

In the coming weeks, we will be rolling out the new catalog to more users, while we test its performance. Let us know how you like it!
Post edited October 19, 2021 by elcook
GOG.com: We’re happy to announce that we’re slowly starting to roll out a new game catalog on GOG.
[...]
Let us know how you like it!
Unfortunately you prevented me from using Ghorint's user script during the Halloween sale and forced me to use your new catalog page instead. I only can tell the changes are disappointing.

Yes, we finally got sort by price and sort by discount. But that's about it. No filter by discount, no filter by rating, we still cannot exclude genres or mark games as not interested. The filter column cannot be collapsed anymore and the game list is displayed with a lot of wasted, empty space, instead of displaying essential information like OS support, genres or rating. And useful features like sort by date added or sort by all time bestselling have been removed.

GOG, please have a look at Ghorint's excellent user script, as already suggested by several people in other threads, to get an impression how a user friendly catalog interface could be implemented.
This new store page was just rolled out to me. One of the store pages I frequently access, to make certain I have not missed any new releases (since the homepage is pretty useless for this), is store -> new releases -> browse all new releases. This page wasn't the best, but at least reliably showed all new releases in the same order in which they show in the menu bar, excepting an initial section of "soon" games which was easily scrolled past.
The page now redirects to this page, which sorts by "bestselling". If I manually change that sorting to "Release date (from newest)", the ordering at the top appears to be somewhat the same, but a closer look shows it to be completely different, with many much older releases coming before many much newer releases, which is not making me hopeful that new releases will actually appear at the top there in the future.

The current ordering for the old page:
10x "soon"
The Last Stand: Aftermath (not (yet) present in the navigation bar?)
22x Neptunia Virtual Stars DLCs (present in the navigation bar)
StarCrawlers Chimera
22x Neptunia Virtual Stars DLCs
2x Kingdom Two Crowns
5x Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One
Kingdom Two Crowns
3x Spacebase Startopia
Super Neptunia DLC
Death end re;Quest 2
Super Neptunia DLC
Hyperdimension Neptunia U
Dragon Star Varnir
Bright Memory

The current ordering for the new page:
2x Kingdom Two Crowns
2x Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One
StarCrawlers Chimera
The Last Stand: Aftermath
American Hero
Punk Wars
Clunky Hero
The Sin Collector
Artech War Game Bundle
Demon Turf
Starsand
2x Time Loader
somewhere on page 2:
3x Neptunia Virtual Stars
2x Spacebase Startopia
The Shore
Sheepo
2x Death end re;Quest 2
4x Dragon Star Varnir

For comparison, the news section at the bottom of the homepage lists the following recent releases:
The Last Stand: Aftermath
StarCrawlers Chimera
Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One
Spacebase Startopia
American Hero
Bright Memory: Infinite
Punk Wars

======

Other feedback: I really dislike that OS icons are no longer present in the new game cards, since a game with a native Linux version gets a much closer look from me than those without.
Post edited November 16, 2021 by gogtrial34987
Am I misremembering, or did the previous catalogue search include company names? E.g. you could enter "falcom" in the search box to find games by Nihon Falcom.

Going to a suitable gamecard and clicking through to [url=https://www.gog.com/games?limit=48&developers=nihon-falcom-corporation&order=desc:bestselling&page=1]https://www.gog.com/games?limit=48&developers=nihon-falcom-corporation&order=desc:bestselling&page=1[/url] works but using the search box doesn't.
VanishedOne: Am I misremembering, or did the previous catalogue search include company names? E.g. you could enter "falcom" in the search box to find games by Nihon Falcom.

Going to a suitable gamecard and clicking through to [url=https://www.gog.com/games?limit=48&developers=nihon-falcom-corporation&order=desc:bestselling&page=1]https://www.gog.com/games?limit=48&developers=nihon-falcom-corporation&order=desc:bestselling&page=1[/url] works but using the search box doesn't.
I'm still on the previous catalogue search function, and yes, I can confirm that you can type a company in the search box and have the ability to display those as results. Just the same as clicking a company via a games game card.

Looks like it's not been carried to the new catalogue page yet, or has been remove completely...