It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re happy to announce that we’re slowly starting to roll out a new game catalog on GOG. Today, first users will get the chance to check new and robust ways to browse the entire offer on the store.

With more than 5500 products in the catalog, searching for the next game to play or discovering the gems to add to your collection can be a hassle. We understand that – we’ve been listening to your feedback and researching ways to improve your experience with GOG’s offer.

Now, we've introduced the new catalog on GOG to the first group of users – some of you may have already noticed the change. It allows for a more customized search, adding more ways to sort and filter games via price range, genres, release date range, and newly introduced tags system. You can see a little sneak peek at the attached image.

In the coming weeks, we will be rolling out the new catalog to more users, while we test its performance. Let us know how you like it!
Post edited October 19, 2021 by elcook
nightcraw1er.488: Can you filter out drm’d or online gated content?
vv221: Humble Bundle has been providing such a filter for years already: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/search?drm=download
But it does not seem like GOG is willing to do that. Maybe because they still pretend to deliver DRM-free content only.
It is so funny, that this filter has two separate positions for "DRM-free" and "GOG". xD
Lexor: Please answer the question: Will this price range also show me the discounted games on sale?

Currently, for example, if I set the price "under $10" then the generated list does NOT show me the games which normally cost more but are on temporary sale / discounted to below $10.
Yes, this is very important.
Post edited October 19, 2021 by tfishell
vv221: Humble Bundle has been providing such a filter for years already: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/search?drm=download
But it does not seem like GOG is willing to do that. Maybe because they still pretend to deliver DRM-free content only.
ssokolow: Guys, don't downvote these.
Well, seeing that asking for such a filter in a topic that is all about search filters warrants a "low rated" badge, this gives us some hints on the current GOG customers demographics. Of course, the acceptance for DRM going higher was expected ever since the first GOG Galaxy announcement.

Since GOG is OK with games where 100% of the content is gated behind a third-party client, and they never cared about DRM encumbrance for multiplayer modes, this is not a surprising change in demographics.
ssokolow: Guys, don't downvote these.
vv221: Well, seeing that asking for such a filter in a topic that is all about search filters warrants a "low rated" badge, this gives us some hints on the current GOG customers demographics. Of course, the acceptance for DRM going higher was expected ever since the first GOG Galaxy announcement.

Since GOG is OK with games where 100% of the content is gated behind a third-party client, and they never cared about DRM encumbrance for multiplayer modes, this is not a surprising change in demographics.
True. I suppose it's good that we're starting to see law going in the direction of "right to repair includes the right for legitimate owners to crack DRM and decompilie software in order to restore functionality that was promised at time of purchase".

...that said, it's a shame that, as Ross Scott pointed out in Dead Game News: France vs. Valve + maybe the rest of the world, the remedy for "Games as a service" is fraud. may wind up killing the price point for indie games that we've grown used to here by mandating the ability to resell used copies of digital games.

(Ross's Argument, that the French courts seem to be agreeing with, is that, if you only make a one-time payment, it's a Good rather than a Service, regardless of what the EULA says and, as such, consumer protection laws relating to goods apply.)
Post edited October 19, 2021 by ssokolow
The catalog indeed could get some improvements. So will there be an option to sort by price or discount?
Looks good but GOG you need to go back and rework the Genres on a lot of games..Sometimes 3 Genres are not enough for some games and for others lets say for example slay the spire is a card game but it is missing the "Card Game" tag from the store page and when you search for that genre you can't find it...And that happens with a lot of games.
Post edited October 19, 2021 by alexandros050
I cannot yet comment on the specifics but I'm glad that something is finally being done - and on the right end of things. This website doesn't need messing or experimenting with its looks – it looks perfectly fine as it is (visually much better than for instance the Steam website). The main thing it lacks is simply more and better categorization/sorting/filtering features to make life easier for its users. So I hope that this is a step in the right direction. Here's my list, from another thread, of simple improvements that would make the overall experience significantly better. If something of this has been or is being implemented, all the better…

• create custom wishlists
• reorder items on created wishlists
• create more/unlimited library tags
• notifications of new DLC:s for owned games
• include/exclude DLC:s in searches
• include/exclude DRM-like features in searches
• mark games as owned
• search games by percentage of discount
• add formatted text, images, and videos in forum posts and community wishes/requests
• bookmark and follow-up community wishes/requests
• better integration between GOG website and Galaxy client (e.g. shared tags, lists, settings)
• Galaxy client as a seamless extension of website (e.g. forum and other website features fully contained in client)
Post edited October 19, 2021 by retrorealms
I see in the image that the time slider starts at 1980; however don't we have some games from the late 70s here also? (Akalabeth is 1979)

Also, would somebody who is part of the "first users" mind sharing some screenshots of a game page?

I assume the "tags" are pre-made by GOG, but can users vote on which tags are most relevant for a game (like they can on Steam I believe)?
Like many have already said, these kind of improvements are welcome!! I've gotten to the point that I wishlist nearly anything I could be interested someday because browsing the shop is really limiting. Hiding owned content is awesome, and I hope the tags system is used properly. I've really wanted to search things like:
* Control options (games that only use mouse, or KB + mouse, gamepad...)
* More explicit coop options (split-screen, LAN, etc; and 2 player coop, 4 player coop, etc).
* More specific genres like metroidvanias, rogues...

There are many great games I just didn't find that interesting on release and then I end up searching for them by name later... And that's from somebody who read the news for every new launch and takes his time to research which games may be good. Adding proper tags would be awesome to discover new games, if they are tagged properly.
Post edited October 19, 2021 by KMetalMind
PixelBoy: Why are only some users getting this new thing now, if they don't even necessarily know they have it?
if the situation is that some users have one thing, some others have a different thing, and users themselves are not aware of which group they are supposed to be a part of, sounds like a very confusing scenario to me.
I agree. It would be both more productive for testing and more fair towards users, if there was an option to turn experimental features on and off in the account settings.

This way people, who really want to try new functionality, can explicitly participate in testing and give their feedback.

While users, who prefer to use stable version of the website engine, will not be affected.
Post edited October 19, 2021 by AlexTerranova
Since tagging is on the table, I'd like to take a moment to suggest a comprehensive tagging system such as that seen on Japanese imageboards.

[url=https://safebooru.donmai.us/wiki_pages/help:tags]Which are so well made, that you rarely need more than two to find a result.[/url]

Edit-Addendum: I'd like to add that to echo the above poster, I too would like the option to enroll in beta site testing and features. And not in the mysterious ways places like deviantArt or Youtube does it, where a feature just suddenly appears and they try to blindly use metrics to figure out if people like it, but with proper switches.

If there's an A/B, let me see both and I'll pick and use the ones I prefer. If I prefer neither, I'll just turn that feature off.
Post edited October 20, 2021 by Darvond
low rated
What with Ukrainian language in Gog store???
And..., Gog employees *********, and sit silently, no answer. And I'm not surprised, they need only money from gamers not more!, this "people" don't need opinion of gamers, THEY NEED ONLY MOOOONEY!

[Modded by Sarafan]
Post edited October 19, 2021 by Sarafan
SvitlaSveta4: What with Ukrainian language in Gog store???
And..., Gog employees *********, and sit silently, no answer. And I'm not surprised, they need only money from gamers not more!, this "people" don't need opinion of gamers, THEY NEED ONLY MOOOONEY!

[Modded by Sarafan]
Please refrain from posting suggestions that are insulting to GOG staff. You may disagree with GOG policy, but be sure to express this in a civil manner. You've violated our CoC (https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct?product=gog) and thus I'm giving you a warning. Further violations of our rules may lead to a more drastic measures. If you have any questions regarding the moderation, please contact me through direct message.
The new option "Hide all owned products" is very much welcomed.

Here are further filter suggestions:

- Extra category for soundtracks
- Extra category for demos (aka prologue as it is now often called)

That would really speed up the browsing process for those who are not interested in these categories.
Bridgekeeper: The new option "Hide all owned products" is very much welcomed.

Here are further filter suggestions:

- Extra category for soundtracks
- Extra category for demos (aka prologue as it is now often called)

That would really speed up the browsing process for those who are not interested in these categories.
How about:

Merge Editions with Main Game?