It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re happy to announce that we’re slowly starting to roll out a new game catalog on GOG. Today, first users will get the chance to check new and robust ways to browse the entire offer on the store.

With more than 5500 products in the catalog, searching for the next game to play or discovering the gems to add to your collection can be a hassle. We understand that – we’ve been listening to your feedback and researching ways to improve your experience with GOG’s offer.

Now, we've introduced the new catalog on GOG to the first group of users – some of you may have already noticed the change. It allows for a more customized search, adding more ways to sort and filter games via price range, genres, release date range, and newly introduced tags system. You can see a little sneak peek at the attached image.

In the coming weeks, we will be rolling out the new catalog to more users, while we test its performance. Let us know how you like it!
Post edited October 19, 2021 by elcook
༻o༺: What do you mean by "first group of users"???
Probably that the feature is only enabled for certain users to act as "beta tester" of sort.
༻o༺: What do you mean by "first group of users"???
Gersen: Probably that the feature is only enabled for certain users to act as "beta tester" of sort.
Yes, I read it as it's a slow release, randomly rolling out to more accounts over time to make sure it doesn't break the site entirely for everyone with "bam!" everyone has it at once.
Post edited October 19, 2021 by mqstout
Can you filter out drm’d or online gated content?
r8V9b1X3u9VcA12p: You are on to something, I first wrote my post with "tags" then realized I meant "genres" and edited it.

Fun fact, "Two Worlds" games have just been added to Role-Playing filter... I hope that the person who did that stealthily understands the gist of my post wasn't "Two Worlds" not being properly genred but how you can genre properly 5k+ games and counting and making it a trustworthy system.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, at least in my library the game is still not flagged as RPG.
You're right, it has disappeared. I swear they added it when I last checked (Store and Owned games) as it was on top of all Role-playing games in Store. They tested then removed it I guess?

Edit: I rechecked 3 minutes later, and they were back. I'll go back to work, it's less exhausting :-p
Post edited October 19, 2021 by r8V9b1X3u9VcA12p
Unfortunately, I'm not a "chosen one", therefore I can't check this out properly, but can only judge it by looking at your screenshot.

The "hide all owned products" will definitely be used by me, that's for sure.

However - going by your screenshot, it looks like the previously available option to "hide DLCs" is no longer there?

If that's the case, that would be a disappointment.
SLP2000: There are some games that have different versions: deluxe and standard plus upgrade to deluxe. If you buy deluxe, standard and dlc are marked as owned, but if you buy standard and then upgrade. deluxe is still not owned. That should be fixed, someone could buy deluxe version by mistake.
mqstout: Silly, that requires a big rework of the database rather than just a coat of paint.
Not really, because in some cases it works like it should. So the database is capable to recognize such games as duplicate entries, and the reason of the problem is on gogs staff side.
ChrisSZ: Direct link to the picture:

https://items.gog.com/news/gogcatalog_editorial_3.jpg
Thanks! Much better this way. :)
nightcraw1er.488: Can you filter out drm’d or online gated content?
Humble Bundle has been providing such a filter for years already: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/search?drm=download
But it does not seem like GOG is willing to do that. Maybe because they still pretend to deliver DRM-free content only.
Post edited October 19, 2021 by vv221
Can I hide DLC's for games I don't own? Also already owned DLC's.
GOG.com: It allows for a more customized search, adding more ways to sort and filter games via price range, genres, release date range, and newly introduced tags system.
For a long time I've been concerned that it was easy for games - especially un-hyped ones - to get "lost" in the catalog, and that could results in fewer sales and devs abandoning their GOG versions. Maybe this will help a little (but I still think you guys should do sales focused on poor-selling indie titles and/or have other ways to help poor-selling but quality games shine)
Post edited October 19, 2021 by tfishell
terohth: Can I hide DLC's for games I don't own? Also already owned DLC's.
You can. Browsing the store page, click on the Hide DLC option at the bottom of the filter list on the left side. See attached screenshot You could also attach www.gog.com/games?page=1&sort=popularity&hide=dlc to the end of the url if you prefer to.
Attachments:
filter.jpg (87 Kb)
Post edited October 19, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
SmollestLight: We are uploading a better picture :) and remember the Forum doesn't show images, and to see it you will have to visit it from the front page or use this link.
I can see possibility to set custom price range.

Please answer the question: Will this price range also show me the discounted games on sale?

Currently, for example, if I set the price "under $10" then the generated list does NOT show me the games which normally cost more but are on temporary sale / discounted to below $10.
Post edited October 19, 2021 by Lexor
Patias: Hey, GOG team, thank you so much for this improvement, it's a great addition. I leave as a suggestion that, in the next updates of the genre, you can solve a very annoying problem. When we buy games or additional content separately, the system does not recognize that we already have that content when editions that come with all dlc and base game in the same ad are sold. For example, I bought the two Batmans from Telltale and the dlc separately, but the "Shadows Edition" kit with both games and DLC doesn't recognize that I already own the products.

Thank you very much for your continued work!
Great news, I'm looking forward to testing the new features when they become available, and the "Hide all owned products" option is pure godsend.

That's why, as Patias and other users say, you should focus on fixing the bundle problem that has plagued the GOG store since its inception. So far the only sure way to get all the content of a game recognized as owned is to buy the deluxe edition, and even this method doesn't always work, for example when a game has three-four different versions, or when you make a pre-order.

A possible solution would be to build a system that recognizes when a user buys all the DLC that belongs to a given bundle or package, and automatically registers it as owned.
high rated
GOG, may I suggest you to add the possibility to filter by negative logic? Please, consider that because it can be very convenient.

Just to clarify what I mean, right now most of the filters are oriented to list items that have a certain property, but not to list items that don't. Let's say, I can get all action games by doing a simple "genre: action", but to list everything but action games I'm forced to do something like "genre: adventure, strategy, indie, sports,..." adding each of all the possible values that this property can have. This is very cumbersome, much more than a cleaner alternative like "genre: NOT action".
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Can you filter out drm’d or online gated content?
vv221: Humble Bundle has been providing such a filter for years already: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/search?drm=download
But it does not seem like GOG is willing to do that. Maybe because they still pretend to deliver DRM-free content only.
Guys, don't downvote these. It's objectively true that GOG's catalogue includes a slew of games where multiplayer is only available through either Galaxy or the developer's proprietary account system (eg. Heroes of Hammerwatch, Age of Wonders 3, Cossacks 3, etc.), some of which have unsatisfying single-player experiences (I forget which one I'm thinking of, but it keeps showing up in sales), as well as at least one game (Minit) where the game flat-out refuses to launch if you don't let it contact the devs' servers.

These landmines are a big reason that my trust in GOG's catalogue has eroded and part of the reason I'm taking advantage of my use of Linux to launch games through a rungame script which uses Firejail to block network access from games that are supposed to be single-player.
Post edited October 19, 2021 by ssokolow