It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re happy to announce that we’re slowly starting to roll out a new game catalog on GOG. Today, first users will get the chance to check new and robust ways to browse the entire offer on the store.

With more than 5500 products in the catalog, searching for the next game to play or discovering the gems to add to your collection can be a hassle. We understand that – we’ve been listening to your feedback and researching ways to improve your experience with GOG’s offer.

Now, we've introduced the new catalog on GOG to the first group of users – some of you may have already noticed the change. It allows for a more customized search, adding more ways to sort and filter games via price range, genres, release date range, and newly introduced tags system. You can see a little sneak peek at the attached image.

In the coming weeks, we will be rolling out the new catalog to more users, while we test its performance. Let us know how you like it!
Post edited October 19, 2021 by elcook
Well, more options are always a good thing. Being able to hide more than just "owned" games would be very useful ("hide anime" would be a godsend), but every little bit helps, as the old woman said when she pissed in the sea.
This looks great, definitely step up from what it has been.
Just a minor thing, if there would be some kind of toggle-setting to permamently leave those filters visible instead of every time clicking filters visible/invisible - would be appreciated :)
I assume 'hide owned' is still gonna work as it does right now on sale pages, so it won't actually hide all different editions of the same thing, rendering the toggle mostly useless.
Thank you for the QWL improvements, just curious is the part of a site wide upgrade plan or is the catalog the only thing being worked on right now?
Looks promising :D

You could also add eg.
- discount range filter,
- dark mode,
- option for showing missing DLCs for owned games only
and then it will be absolute perfection :D
Post edited October 19, 2021 by erbello
The price range filter is a very welcome addition and long overdue. Will it work with current prices, meaning including the discount?

Please also add sorting by current price to the wishlist (and the store, if you haven't already).
high rated
Hide owned... A good start, but for it to work correctly that would also require fixing the mess where numerous games and items don't get marked as owned when you buy some collection or edition or whatever. Things like season passes or extras regularly stay unmarked as owned even though they are included in some bundle due to wrong logic of included product IDs.

Examples off the top of my head:
Trine Ultimate Collection - Trine 4 remains unmarked
Darksiders III Digital Deluxe - Digital Extras stay unmarked
The Surge 2 Premium Edition - Season Pass remains unmarked

And I've seen a lot of other situations like this mentioned on the forums.
Post edited October 19, 2021 by idbeholdME
Yess, finally some site improvements! Please continue like this, GOG.

That "Hide all owned products" looks promising.
And the more options, the better.
It would be good if such filters were applicable also to library, wishlist and promos, tho.
Post edited October 19, 2021 by phaolo
Catalog improvements are one of the absolutely top requested things consistently across basically everyone who posts in the forums. I'm glad to see you *start*, but...

SLP2000: There are some games that have different versions: deluxe and standard plus upgrade to deluxe. If you buy deluxe, standard and dlc are marked as owned, but if you buy standard and then upgrade. deluxe is still not owned. That should be fixed, someone could buy deluxe version by mistake.
Silly, that requires a big rework of the database rather than just a coat of paint.

r8V9b1X3u9VcA12p: GENRES are a good idea on paper... But only if you define them properly. Untill now, it's done manually and subjectively and it's rarely completely accurate and helpful.
Indeed. Depending on how "tags" are (done; maintained), it might be best to replace "genre" with "tags" entirely.
This will be very nice to have going forward, hopefully there won't be any hiccups, and will be rolled out soon.
SmollestLight: We are uploading a better picture :) and remember the Forum doesn't show images, and to see it you will have to visit it from the front page or use this link.
Will there be an option to: Show DLC of owned games?
Damn, I'm not cool enough to see it yet.
I guess the question is whether "price range" filters by original full price like the prices do now or by current price (if on sale) which is far more helpful. Has sorting by current price been added?
Great update, i see that you could hide owned products or put a price range. I like what i see.

Could you "sort by price"?
Post edited October 19, 2021 by argamasa
Good this is being worked on, about bloody time.