It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

oooooof
yogsloth: I am a little bit offended you think I'm "going through the motions". I feel like I've been giving more takes and interacting than... most players. This is how you do stuff, RW.

Sitting and grinding on me and only me... isn't how you solve the game.

For example, I'd also totally vote this guy:

ConsulCaesar: I feel if something has been muddying the waters it's Lift's zealous attititude towards the joke. The discussion has been monopolized by something that was not really relevant (IMO) and has ended in "OK, nevermind".
yogsloth: I invite everybody to read Caeser’s five posts and find the game solving.
You have mentioned me as scum three times, all of them because of my number of posts. Any other reasons?

I have said all I feel I have to say on Day 1. I said what I think about the joke, and nothing more will come of it, at least until we have a confirmed role (and we will only have it when someone is dead). Well I guess that's not true for scum, they will know before the town.

Other than that, I don't see the reason to start clearing townies yet, just based on hunches. As for votes, I have already said lynching without evidence is more likely to kill a townie than a scum, and scum doesn't win (only) with night kills -they win with mislynches.

I also said what I thought about the Houses and a potential third party... Not much I can say without going into claiming.

Perhaps that's because I'm used to night starts, but I actually was tempted to votus Dumbledore just to get to the night phase, or more accurately, to Day 2. At least the cop(s) and roleblocker(s) have interesting potential targets for tonight.
Looks at Post 192 and the time between it and FS's post 194 *?Pic related?* ;)
Attachments:
snowflake votin' me because I made a Hufflepuff joke

Giving a free pass to both RW and Caeser

seems legit
ConsulCaesar: At least the cop(s) and roleblocker(s) have interesting potential targets for tonight.
That they do. I myself think any cop should look into either Yog or Lift, or maybe Agent or Rwarehall....what about you?
ConsulCaesar: You have mentioned me as scum three times, all of them because of my number of posts. Any other reasons?

I have said all I feel I have to say on Day 1. I said what I think about the joke, and nothing more will come of it, at least until we have a confirmed role (and we will only have it when someone is dead). Well I guess that's not true for scum, they will know before the town.

Other than that, I don't see the reason to start clearing townies yet, just based on hunches. As for votes, I have already said lynching without evidence is more likely to kill a townie than a scum, and scum doesn't win (only) with night kills -they win with mislynches.

I also said what I thought about the Houses and a potential third party... Not much I can say without going into claiming.

Perhaps that's because I'm used to night starts, but I actually was tempted to votus Dumbledore just to get to the night phase, or more accurately, to Day 2. At least the cop(s) and roleblocker(s) have interesting potential targets for tonight.
Not your number of posts. A person can pack a lot of content into five or six posts.

Rather, it's the fact you're only posting about mechanics, flavor, and non-game related issues.

Is your stance seriously that you don't intend to even attempt to play unless you have night action results to tell you what to do?

You'll just... float on by, not having opinions on anything or anybody?
ConsulCaesar: You have mentioned me as scum three times, all of them because of my number of posts. Any other reasons?

yogsloth: Not your number of posts. A person can pack a lot of content into five or six posts.

Rather, it's the fact you're only posting about mechanics, flavor, and non-game related issues.

Is your stance seriously that you don't intend to even attempt to play unless you have night action results to tell you what to do?

You'll just... float on by, not having opinions on anything or anybody?
I already told my opinions about agent, the joking thing in general, Lift's insistance on voting for agent, why I don't think lynching right now would be a good idea, and yes, I discussed mechanics and flavor. It's only Day 1. Not everybody plays the same way.
yogsloth: snowflake votin' me because I made a Hufflepuff joke

Giving a free pass to both RW and Caeser

seems legit
This too, I remember yogsloth's reaction to nearly getting lynvhed day 1 in the last game was something like "well, it's finally my turn is it?" This game he's been aggressive-defensive about being put on two votes.

Ah I just remembered when he subbed in to the battlestar galactica game as mafia. He was relentlessly charming and chasmatic and told us all what to do and then we did it and we all died.

Different to how he is in this game.

Was it Joppo asking me about my SirPrimalform vote? Yes, I mean he seems motivated to play based on his playstyle in previous mafia games where he has become known as Lurkeur Extraordinaire.

I'm not hugely confident in it, but when am I hugely confident?
ConsulCaesar: I already told my opinions about agent, the joking thing in general, Lift's insistence on voting for agent, why I don't think lynching right now would be a good idea, and yes, I discussed mechanics and flavor. It's only Day 1. Not everybody plays the same way.
Agreed...also did you see and read post 200 by me to you yet? If so, what is your reply if I may ask???
=====================================================

JoeSapphire: I'm not hugely confident in it, but when am I hugely confident?
Prolly when we were about to win the SH game, if I were to hazard a guess. ;D
JoeSapphire: Lurkeur Extraordinaire
I have been working on that with varying success. I think I was mostly unlurky in Pacifists at the NRA (got myself mislynched) and in the Pwen (where we managed to win in spite of my activity rather than because of it).

:D
Now that we are opening our hearts and getting cozy, it might be the time to share a little more. As concisely as possible...

First, some replies:

@ Lift: Totally agree on NOT claiming Houses nor names. Let us save that resource for when it is needed.

@ JoeSapphire: Thanks for your post on Trent-yogs.

JoeSapphire: It went somethink like this:

Trent: vote yogs lololol
Carradice: votus yogs
yogs: you vote me into joint largest wagon, I see I see I see
Trent: unvote yogs no lols.

^ First thing I thought was 'it's a bit rich pressuring a vote by saying it's the joint largest wagon, when the two largest wagons were each two-votes-wide and the other wagon had very little merit to it.
But you didn't react to the pressure, Trent did - I think if he was on a team he'd be concerned about appearing protective.
This is believable. Two caveats: One, this does not clear any of them as town. Two, it might be possible that Trent voted yogsloth as a way of, lol-lol, getting some distance. Then, as the tally makes two votes, quickly unvoting (without lol-lol, silent drums, as you noted) for fear of allowing the thing to snowballing. Maybe suboptimal play, but who's perfect. That might be someone losing his cool; yogsloth's reaction, too.

In any case, being a first-timer, there is no way of gauging the present behaviour of anyone against his past actions in other games. Although that avoids bias, too.

For what is worth (probably little) there go some opinions of a first-timer Uniwizard on policy:

What is to be expected of a good Slytherin (=scum)? The ability to think as a Gryffindor et alter (=townie); the ability to keep his cool; the ability to act as a Gryffindor et al.

So, that is why we want people to talk. To give them a chance to lose their cool and act stupidly; to say things that a non-Slyth would not say; to overact. Also, this is why Slyths might want to corner someone so that he loses his cool and appears suspicious to the rest of the crew.

Focusing on telltale signs might lead to unadvertently forget that it is too easy for a Slyth might be to just lurk in a corner. The conscientious Slytherin knows he cannot afford that. So yes, as a policy, it might be advisable to Lynch All Lurkers, within reason, taking into account that some are just in their first Uniwizard, some have arrived later and some might have business to attend.

On the other hand, bold Slyths (=scum) might want to appear very active, stay in the spotlight and possible even get to direct the conversation.

And now, girls and boys, prepare yourselves for the fabulous...

##### Slytherinometer #####

Suspicion decreases from top tier to lower tier, and from left to right.

* Trent, yogsloth, agent: a priority for anyone who has auror-like investigation skills. Cannot say the are Slyths, though, and would NOT like to vote on anyone lightly. Better to avoid friendly fire and making things easier for Slytherin.

* Caesar: he needs to get in the mud with the rest (see pic attached).

* Micro, Flocke: the effort to catch up is well apreciated, they need to keep posting.

* GR: very present, but with very light posts.

* Lift: some convincing posts lately. In the beginning he made top tier with the other three fellows.

* JoeSapphire: Almost in the lowest tier.

* RWarehall, SPF, Flocke, Pooka, joppo: reasonably Gryffindor-like by now. RWarehall made top tier in he past.

############################

This does not mean that Trent should be marched to the gallows, nor that joppo is more Gryffindor than Albus Dumbledore. These are just impressions of someone with little knowledge of how these things go and, admittedly, might be completely wrong and will definitely keep evolving.
Attachments:
Needless to say: everyone started up, and has moved down. Some have moved down and then back up (yogsloth, to name one).

In any case, this means little. Flocke and RWarehall might move back up, yogs back down, agent sideways, etc. And those are just Day 1 impressions of a first timer.
ZFR: snip...
It's funny because its necessity is self-contradictory. If someone doesn't read the rules, he's not going to read Rule 22 either. And if someone reaches Rule 22 it means he's already read all the rules so Rule 22 is not necessary in any case.
The number of the rule is a reference to a book.

Get it now? 22? Hilarious.
Thank you! You are right, it is hilarious.

=======================================

GameRager: (Also wolfy people....is that a subtle reference to a certain wolf avatared player by any chance? If so, why?)
=================================================================
STU list? What is that exactly(I possibly might know but the meaning could be escaping me atm....any clarification on this would be appreciated)?
====================================================================

Microfish_1: Also, GR, I know you got condiments recently, and are still hungry, but i'd avoid those beans. my stomach is still unhappy.
GameRager: But I LOVE beans :D

Microfish_1: so that i don't fall prey again and allow the scum to claim no one ever voted for them... (you may groan collectively now)...

all have been voted for, the scum have surely been voted for (I'm town.)
GameRager: Lol at that batch of "votes".

Microfish_1: Also, something else to discuss in our spare time:
GameRager: What? Discuss What? It seems to have been snipped.
======================================================================

agentcarr16: @RWarehall - You have been conspicuously absent, both in post count and in content.
GameRager: I know....and he also "parroted" Lift's LAL stance(iirc) a bit earlier in the game...tis odd, it is, for both to occur/have occurred so far.

(Also a note: Bolding or underlining people's names helps them notice those bits you want them to see a bit easier. ;))

agentcarr16: @GameRager - Are you claiming Ravenclaw?
GameRager: Well I HAVE said it like 2 times(maybe 3...I have lost track....but it's been at least 2 times)...why would I say it otherwise? :)

(Yes, I am claiming Ravenclaw, btw)
=======================================================================
Welp done for now....if more replies come I will reply to them some more later(going shopping in a few hours so might not be here for a bit). :)
Yo. @GR

1) Which player uses a wolf avatar?
2) Beans are good in limited quantity. So is a peanut-butter & lunch meat sandwich. Peanut Butter & Pickles are less good.
3) You overlooked the picture, which is what you were to discuss.
4) I had similar questions about RW, esp vs last game.
5) If you are really ravenclaw, are you town?
It is therefore fitting that Slytherin were put on a team, and pitted against the other houses combined. It might look like it's one against three, but in reality we know that after all only Gryffindor really matters
gives leeway for anti-slytherin to not be town (AKA Gryffindor becuase of the "really matters" bit).

=============================================

@Joppo

joppo: I realize now that posts that sum up interactions and scumminess like #165 are a great tool to separate fluff from substance. I will try to post something like that later today with my own thoughts.

Microfish_1:
joppo: Sad to see Sanscript go, but let's hope he can play with us some other time.

Welcome Micro. Nice to see you join us. Now please answer the following questions:
- What house are you from?
- Do you know the password to Slytherin's dorms?
- Do you want to see Voldemort's return?
- Who are you thinking your mates should kill once the day is over?
- And now for an actually serious question, what do you think of the current information we have? Who strikes you as suspicious and why?
1) Yes, I want to make one myself when i have time, if i have time.

Also each player's read lists are very useful, and IMO we ought to post our lists each day in case we are the NK. this is a double-edged sword--the scum & 3rd parties know who most suspects them, but the word of the confirmed-by-flip townie isn't wasted.
Of course some WIFOM applies here, as the scum might target the one who least suspects them.

2) My House is commonly known as "221 Baker Street"
3) No, and if I did I owuldn't shout it out where they might hear me and seek revenge
4) no, he was an arrogant imbecile in the books. Seriously a few pints short of a gallon.
5) I don't have mates with NK ability, but i agree that investigating Lift wouldn't be bad. or RW.
6) RNG always makes lift scum. However, the one mafia game this was relied on he was NKd very quickly. I find his dogmatic sticking to LAL to be commendable, but, like Scene in the last game, I fear he might distance town players...this being said, scene was the only one who was right, in part bc of good instincts but bad numbers.

I don't totes agree with the chart's conclusions, but the chart is a decent one. I see yog as town from my memory, but agent is either a bold WIFOM or a joke. I don't think it can be anything else.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
@Carradice

I tend to agree with what you said about various font effects, except bold is useful if it is highlighting only the middle of a line or the player's name.
Also, i just finally read it as snorting hat, nor "sorting" :D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This was response to my first post as a player through post 170.
Carradice: * GR: very present, but with very light posts.
If you have time, check out my prior games....I am usually like this due to not being as analytical(due somewhat to being unable to keep track of so much info and partially due to laziness) as others.....I mainly look for obvious or near obvious signs/tells and slipups by scum and pounce on those, or post flavor/fluff or silly posts sometimes.
Microfish_1: Yo. @GR

1) Which player uses a wolf avatar?
2) Beans are good in limited quantity. So is a peanut-butter & lunch meat sandwich. Peanut Butter & Pickles are less good.
3) You overlooked the picture, which is what you were to discuss.
4) I had similar questions about RW, esp vs last game.
5) If you are really ravenclaw, are you town?
1. Trent....at least it looks like a wolf.
2. Now yer making me hungry.
3. Ok then...will go back and see the pic and report back later(gotta go do stuff in a bit IRL for a short bit)
4. K
5. Yes....I am guessing all 3 other houses(besides slytherin) are all town, as well.

It is therefore fitting that Slytherin were put on a team, and pitted against the other houses combined. It might look like it's one against three, but in reality we know that after all only Gryffindor really matters
Microfish_1: gives leeway for anti-slytherin to not be town (AKA Gryffindor becuase of the "really matters" bit).
I think that is supposed to hint at the whole thing in the books/films where much of the main stuff focuses on that house and is done by characters from that house, and not necessarily an indicator that the other main houses aren't town.

Microfish_1: 5) I don't have mates with NK ability, but i agree that investigating Lift wouldn't be bad. or RW.
Agreed, either of them or from the Yog/Agent pair.