It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello all:)

I'm just wondering if someone would be so kind as to gift me the following game on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/361850/Portal_of_Evil_Stolen_Runes_Collectors_Edition/

As always, I am willing to provide equal or greater(uo to 10 dollars value) repayment with the GOG or Steam game of one's choosing on the 1st of next month if anyone could be so kind as to help me out.

(If someone wants to offer their services in this area, PM/message me here beforehand. TIA)
GameRager: Hello all:)

I'm just wondering if someone would be so kind as to gift me the following game on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/361850/Portal_of_Evil_Stolen_Runes_Collectors_Edition/

As always, I am willing to provide equal or greater(uo to 10 dollars value) repayment with the GOG or Steam game of one's choosing on the 1st of next month if anyone could be so kind as to help me out.

(If someone wants to offer their services in this area, PM/message me here beforehand. TIA)
PM incoming
GameRager: Hello all:)

wanderer_27: PM incoming
Thank you, and check your PM as well.
germanware: Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't know that. I edited my main post now (Page 733 of this thread, i can't put links here for some reason).
You will be able to do so in time. You simply need a bit higher rep (don't know exactly how hight it needs to be before being allowed to post links - I guess 4 or so?).
i just got scammed by a username name tc_31. agreed on several games, evan buy an extra specific game for him. he insisted that iw ill send everything to him first. he did not sen me any thing back but proof of purchase with blank on the codes. 36 dollars down the drain. please gog staff see the transcript in the chat.

he apperantly purchased torment tides of numenura and divintiy original sin 2 for me but have not send them, and probably never will. please gog staff do not rufund him for it if he asks. thank you. hope you lock this scammer accountt too.

for you, tc_31 may you live to see your loved ones dies a horrible death and live long to remeber that.
tropit9: for you, tc_31 may you live to see your loved ones dies a horrible death and live long to remeber that.
I understand you are super pissed, and rightly so, but that is a little overdoing it.
tropit9: for you, tc_31 may you live to see your loved ones dies a horrible death and live long to remeber that.
He actually never purchased them.
He just showed you photoshopped screenshot.
If you want you may contact steam to revoke those steam keys or if you have used paypal then reverse your transaction.
tropit9: i just got scammed by a username name tc_31. agreed on several games, evan buy an extra specific game for him. he insisted that iw ill send everything to him first. he did not sen me any thing back but proof of purchase with blank on the codes. 36 dollars down the drain. please gog staff see the transcript in the chat.

he apperantly purchased torment tides of numenura and divintiy original sin 2 for me but have not send them, and probably never will. please gog staff do not rufund him for it if he asks. thank you. hope you lock this scammer accountt too.

for you, tc_31 may you live to see your loved ones dies a horrible death and live long to remeber that.
Sorry about what happened to you. He sent me PM earlier about a trade i wanted. Then i checked the 'known scammers list' and there he was. So i blocked him and that was the end of it for me. I hope he gets banned or something if possible.
Attachments:
gogcom.png (47 Kb)
Post edited May 28, 2017 by germanware
how can i contact steam? i serched but to no avial if you can help me with it it will be cool
tropit9: i just got scammed by a username name tc_31. agreed on several games, evan buy an extra specific game for him. he insisted that iw ill send everything to him first. he did not sen me any thing back but proof of purchase with blank on the codes. 36 dollars down the drain. please gog staff see the transcript in the chat.

I can absolutely understand that you are angry now. Please use this experience as a lesson (easier said than done - I know). Unfortunately here on GOG there are many scammers (not all of course but quite a few). Trading on GOG also is not that safe as it is on steam since GOG just allows to trade but they don't want to do anything that makes it easier or more safe. Because the community knows about this a thread has been made telling about the known scammers and containing a list about all of them known. In case you are unsure always post in this thread first to let them check out if the user is legit or not. Germanware did so, found out that the user is on the list and that saved him. Do yourself a favour and watch this list and this thread carefully. Remember not everybody is a scammer but unfortunately they are here as well.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/known_scammers

To contact steam start the client and chose Help->Steam Support but don't expect zoo much help. Steam support is not the best.
Post edited May 28, 2017 by MarkoH01
tropit9: how can i contact steam? i serched but to no avial if you can help me with it it will be cool
since steam changed their politics regarding gifting or trading - they will not help or give new serials
best to chargeback with your Paypal / bank account
Post edited May 28, 2017 by comboplayer
tropit9: how can i contact steam? i serched but to no avial if you can help me with it it will be cool
comboplayer: since steam changed their politics regarding gifting or trading - they will not help or give new serials
best to chargeback with Paypal
You might be correct with this assumption however maybe he could ask steam to invalidate those keys therefore rendering them useless for the scammer. Does not help much bu I'd guess he'd feel a bit better then.
germanware: So i blocked him and that was the end of it for me. I hope he gets banned or something if possible.
Unforrunately it's not often that GOG is blocking or banning a scammer. Also since there is no real control from GOG about it those scammers tend to simply open another account in that case. Don't expect too much from GOG just be careful.
Post edited May 28, 2017 by MarkoH01
comboplayer: since steam changed their politics regarding gifting or trading - they will not help or give new serials
best to chargeback with Paypal
MarkoH01: You might be correct with this assumption however maybe he could ask steam to invalidate those keys therefore rendering them useless for the scammer. Does not help much bu I'd guess he'd feel a bit better then.
germanware: So i blocked him and that was the end of it for me. I hope he gets banned or something if possible.
MarkoH01: Unforrunately it's not often that GOG is blocking or banning a scammer. Also since there is no real control from GOG about it those scammers tend to simply open another account in that case. Don't expect too much from GOG just be careful.
gifts are not allowed on steam anymore
steam offer no replacement keys not even on your own steam account
they have changed their agreement recently - no refund policy within a mentioned period of days

Origin its best for me
Post edited May 28, 2017 by comboplayer
it's not all bad. i did not needed those code anyway, they were just... there. and for the items i purchase i already opend a dispute via paypal. if they will not refund me, it's a 36 dollars lost. it's not nice. but it is not the end of the world.

i will be more satisfied if i could home in on the guy and make him squeal for me. that how much i pissed at him.

if gog will lock his account it will he will just open another one. my mistake was sending all my things first to establsih trust. maybe we ought to involve a third party, highly reputed seller who both parties will sent him the itmes first.

it's sure is a learning expirience. :) hope my case will serve as a warning for you all and it will be the last time someone get cheated here.
high rated
germanware: Sorry about what happened to you. He sent me PM earlier about a trade i wanted. Then i checked the 'known scammers list' and there he was. So i blocked him and that was the end of it for me. I hope he gets banned or something if possible.
I applaud you for carefully reading the OP, and being cautious. Just one piece of advice, as next time, the account used may not yet be on the list. Always insist on the other party to reply to your trading post here (rule #6) before going through with the trade. If they refuse or go for delay tactics, ask here if anyone knows them, and proceed accordingly.

Very sorry to hear this. Could you, please, post a screenshot of the chat exchange you had?

And while this is no consolation of any sort, next time, please follow the following:

HEADS UP to all new, and not, to trading:

- Read the rules in the OP here carefully, and follow rule #6 in every potential trade.
- Check out this page, and read at least the first two sections, "General advice" and "Spotting impersonating accounts", links included.
- Don't hesitate to ask for help here, or/and in the Known Scammers thread.

Do the above three things before going through with any trade offer. It may spare you the grief of getting scammed.