It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like:Chrome,Firefox,Internet Explorer orOpera

arrow-down2arrowcart2close4fat-arrow-leftfat-arrow-rightfeedbackfriends2happy-facelogo-gognotificationnotifications-emptyownedremove-menusad-facesearch2wishlist-menuwishlisted2own_thingsheartstartick
high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== CLOUD SAVES - STAGGERED RELEASE ==

The Cloud Saves backend will be enabled for selected users in batches. We expect the full rollout to take at least a few days. If the cloud saves feature didn't start working for you yet please give us a few days. We will be posting updates on the rollout process in this thread.

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

# 1.2.20 (August 25, 2017)
## Changes and Improvements:
- [Windows] CPU usage improvements for GOG Galaxy Overlay
- [Windows] Overlay will now react to change of keyboard layout (eg. from EN to RU characters)
- Improved version detection of imported games. Galaxy will also not perform file adjustment if it's not needed. Supported only by newer games
- Importing and updating The Witcher 3: GOTY (DVD version) will properly use differential patch mechanism (greatly reduced download size)
- Galaxy update popup made more reliable

## Bugfixes:
- Game updates will no longer fail with disk access problem, after redeeming single DLC with a gift code
- Slightly optimised download process, Galaxy will no longer stop downloading for a while during unpacking small files
- Galaxy will not freeze after quitting during applying diff patches
- It is now possible to log out without internet
- [Windows] Fix for screenshots in Dragon Age: Origins and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
- [Windows] Mouse cursor should not duplicate when opening overlay and moving the mouse simultaneously

# 1.2.21 Beta (August 25, 2017)
## Changes and Improvements:
- Added desktop notification if there are unread notifications in the top menu

## Bugfixes:
- Top menu won't switch to mobile mode in Galaxy
- Fix for excessive memory usage in top menu

1.2.22 (September 05, 2017)
Changes & improvements:
- New top navigation (already known from GOG.com)
- New notifications system:
new notifications dropdown in the top navigation
added desktop notification for forum replies
added desktop notification for wishlisted items discounted
improved pluralisation in desktop notifications
- [MacOS] GOG Galaxy bundle name is renamed to 'GOG Galaxy.app'
- Desktop notification reminding about unseen notifications respects your other notifications settings - e.g. if you've disabled desktop notifications for chat
- GOG Galaxy now supports Wistia videos
- Improved a bit performance, by doing less HTTP requests, which were expected to fail anyway
Bugfixes:
- Fixed an issue with Galaxy trying to install 64-bit redistributables on 32-bit systems
- You can see your own message written in another chat window immediately
- Fixed a bug which could falsely show Not Authorized status on Game, if you've had connection problems when trying to view it
- When you're on settings page of not installed game with auto-updates disabled globally, you won't see untrue sentence "The version you're currently on is no longer available"
- Fixed issue where login/registration form would disappear after 30s (Which existed only in 1.2.21)
- Fixed "Import Folder" not working in certain circumstances
- Fixed false positive conflict when syncing cloud storage
- Time of notification (e.g. "a few seconds ago") in the dropdown will change dynamically when you change Galaxy Client's language
- Text in game settings will no longer overlap, when the game had only two rollbacks and autoupdates were disabled

1.2.23 (September 09, 2017)
- Hotfix for long Galaxy start, when it was installed not to default location
- Friends' statuses should be more up to date

1.2.24 (October 11, 2017)
Changes and Improvements:
- Reworked how the navigation history works, fixing numerous bugs (left/right arrows in top menu)
- Added option to specify command line options when launching games (in each game's settings)
- "Unread notifications" notification doesn't produce sound, and does not have a setting entry by itself
- New in-game achievement notification animation and design
- Improved looks of the close button for chat in Galaxy Overlay
- Galaxy will show a spinner while verifying a game's private channel password. An error will be shown if the password is invalid
- Small improvement in resources usage
- Multiple desktop/in-game concurrent notifications sounds less choppy
Bugfixes:
- Fixed grey (disabled) screen on login screen
- "Continue previous session" setting for starting page will now properly remember the last page you visited before quitting
- Game view background image scaling on ultrawide screens now works properly (no more grey areas on the sides)
- Galaxy will no longer try to install 64 bit redistributables on 32 bit systems
- Fixed a rare crash during game update
- Fixed a bug causing Galaxy to freeze when using it with a slow internet connection
- Sound volume regulation is respected for in-game notifications (50% quieter by default)
- After changing windows back and forth (alt tabbing), input in the overlay will work correctly
- Fixed a visual issue with (hint) text for rollbacks overlapping other text under it
- Time of notification (e.g. "a few seconds ago") in the dropdown will change dynamically when you change Galaxy Client's language
- Galaxy will no longer lose games when updated from version 1.1.30 to latest :)
- The "You have unread notifications" notification won't show up more than once for the same notification
- You won't see "Version you're currently on is not known" paragraph in not installed games settings anymore
- Some scenarios (e.g. importing older game builds with auto-updates disabled) will no longer show newest game version label if Galaxy is not sure about that
- In above scenarios, you'll see "The version you are currently on is not known. You can select the version to update to." instead of untrue "The version you are currently on is no longer available"

1.2.25 (October 16, 2017)
- SDK Networking optimizations

1.2.26 (October 19, 2017)
Bugfixes:
- Fixed networking issue when joining/creating lobby for the first time in game run
- Fixed a bug where in-top-menu notifications didn't appear after app restart in some cases

1.2.27 Beta (October 24, 2017)
- A dialog will now be shown if the cloud save sync fails due to not enough space in the cloud
- Improved security in communication between Galaxy Overlay and it's UI
Bugfixes:
- MORE dropdown, or GOG Logo dropdown will not fail to open anymore (happened sometimes)
- [MacOS] Fixed Scan & Import falling in recursive loop, when encountering a symlink leading to root directory (Such symlinks happened in WINE games, eg. Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga)
- Fixed possible cloud saves synchronization freeze after a failure in receiving synchronization request
- Game update will no longer result in broken installation, when new version doesn't have previously installed language
- GOG Galaxy will no longer fail to update itself in some instances due to insufficient permissions
- Error popups (like "Failed to load game database") will be now translated to your application's language

1.2.28 Beta (October 31, 2017)
- New configuration tools for GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.29 (November 14, 2017)
- Galaxy will no longer consider partial cloud saves sync (only pull) as complete
- Tweaked desktop notification animations
- Galaxy will no longer periodically fetch friends online status from the server (it will work OK via websockets)
Bugfixes:
- Unity games will no longer hang on Nvidia graphics cards with Overlay turned on
- Fixed several issues which caused game images in the sidebar to not appear
- Fixed a few cases where extracting the archive with game images did not happen (e.g. when the game was installed with an offline installer)
- Faster shutdown during a game update
- Overlay and game time tracking will properly work with games that uses launchers
- [macOS] Fixed a crash, which happend during updating Tyranny with all DLCs
- Fixed background image not being refreshed after it's source has been changed
Post edited November 14, 2017 by Liosan
bushwhacker2k: Is there a way to make the "screenshot taken" image at the bottom right go away faster- or not pop up at all?

The sound effect is sufficient and the "screenshot taken" image is actually added to subsequent screenshots.
Liosan: Wait, what? It's added to the next screenshot? In what game? I tested a few and it works fine...
Hey, not to sound impatient or demanding, but I'd love to hear if this problem has been recognized.
Liosan: Wait, what? It's added to the next screenshot? In what game? I tested a few and it works fine...
bushwhacker2k: Hey, not to sound impatient or demanding, but I'd love to hear if this problem has been recognized.
Hey, just a confirmation that we were in fact able to reproduce the problem, and that we have recorded this bug, and tagged it for further investigation. Thanks for bringing it to our attention :)

Foiled
bushwhacker2k: Hey, not to sound impatient or demanding, but I'd love to hear if this problem has been recognized.
Foiled: Hey, just a confirmation that we were in fact able to reproduce the problem, and that we have recorded this bug, and tagged it for further investigation. Thanks for bringing it to our attention :)

Foiled
Awesome, thanks for the reply!
I got this a few times today.
Attachments:
gog.jpg (24 Kb)
Shimazu1989: I got this a few times today.
Are you on 1.2.26? I was getting this a lot on that version but it appears to be fixed on 1.2.27 Beta.
Yes I'am. I don't get the beta anymore. And this just started today.
Galaxy can't update. I uninstalled, reinstalled and scanned the games folder. Probalem still exist. Any clues?
The search in the forums does not work. In the browser it works but in the application no.
Attachments:
gog.jpg (237 Kb)
governor1835: Galaxy can't update. I uninstalled, reinstalled and scanned the games folder. Probalem still exist. Any clues?
The last couple of days I've had the same problem. When starting Galaxy, the app says it can't update and to download the latest version and install it. Except the latest version is the version I have so it doesn't update it. Uninstalling and install that version results in the same error, so no fix there (although now it's removed all my 'game time' tracking because of the reinstall).
Post edited November 09, 2017 by Equisilus
I am also getting the alert about not being able to update even though I am updated. I am also not able to sync cloud saves.
Takes forever for the install to come up, and the disappearing icons are irritrating particulary when offline! Galaxy needs a dedicated offline mode to switch off the icon's relience on it's internet connection/browser's online cache, as it seems the icons are tyed too much to them...

BTW, I have close to 600 games installed via galaxy!
takezodunmer2005: Takes forever for the install to come up
The install screen itself you mean? Yea known issue that I have dealt with for a while, I've seen it take over 10 min for the install screen to fully load. Appears to get progressively worse as more games are installed / added to Galaxy.

I have worked with GOG to troubleshoot and GOG believes it is related to how Galaxy's background operation updates game images (like the icons in the sidebar) which is queueing up a lot of requests slowing down parts of Galaxy. More info here: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=4912

I've found restarting Galaxy right before installing a game improves the time drastically but it will after about 10 min go back to being slow.

takezodunmer2005: and the disappearing icons are irritrating particulary when offline
Then can happen online or offline. GOG says that have a partial fix prepared that is suppose to release next week. More info here: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=5206
BKGaming: The install screen itself you mean? Yea known issue that I have dealt with for a while, I've seen it take over 10 min for the install screen to fully load. Appears to get progressively worse as more games are installed / added to Galaxy.

I have worked with GOG to troubleshoot and GOG believes it is related to how Galaxy's background operation updates game images (like the icons in the sidebar) which is queueing up a lot of requests slowing down parts of Galaxy. More info here: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=4912

I've found restarting Galaxy right before installing a game improves the time drastically but it will after about 10 min go back to being slow.
Yeah, I also found that cutting everything even cloud save options helped me out immeasurebly I just disabled them and it was much faster as well!

BKGaming: Then can happen online or offline. GOG says that have a partial fix prepared that is suppose to release next week. More info here: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=5206
Great! news, I'm glad it's coming soon! I really like galaxy so I'm looking forward to that! Thanks alot for the info!
takezodunmer2005: Takes forever for the install to come up, and the disappearing icons are irritrating particulary when offline! Galaxy needs a dedicated offline mode to switch off the icon's relience on it's internet connection/browser's online cache, as it seems the icons are tyed too much to them...

Both issues are important for us, I hope you'll get fixes for them soon! :)
takezodunmer2005: Takes forever for the install to come up, and the disappearing icons are irritating particularly when offline! Galaxy needs a dedicated offline mode to switch off the icon's reliance on it's internet connection/browser's online cache, as it seems the icons are tied too much to them...

Johny.: Both issues are important for us, I hope you'll get fixes for them soon! :)
Thanks, I'll be looking forward to this soon, I'm glad to know that you guys are on it!