It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Ok, after going thru yet another reinstall and reboot I finally got it working and it's fast again. Thanks!

Still, the installer needs fixing, it's too error prone. :)

NightmareChild: 2) The uninstaller needs fixing as well. It always requires a reboot to get rid of "GalaxyClientService.exe". Always. This should not be happening but it does that all the time. Installing Galaxy over it doesn't work because the file requires admind rights no user actually has. And finally, the uninstaller doesn't even say that a reboot is necessary.
Darklord666: I think you can avoid reboot if you kill the process "GalaxyClientService.exe" via the task manager.
Tried that, doesn't work. I can't even take ownership of the file despite me being Admin and the only user on this machine. I think it has something to do with the uninstaller not deleting all files from the folder because I refuse to install any kind of Client in Program Files (x86)
Post edited September 08, 2017 by NightmareChild
After new update, same problems (gray, unusable client, etc., tried in two different machines). Since nobody cares, here's a workaround: just choose english when installing (I'm portuguese).

Thank you very much, good games.
sc.andrade: After new update, same problems (gray, unusable client, etc., tried in two different machines). Since nobody cares, here's a workaround: just choose english when installing (I'm portuguese).

Se não fosse os portugueses isto ficava tudo engatado... Obrigado pela solução...
sc.andrade: After new update, same problems (gray, unusable client, etc., tried in two different machines). Since nobody cares, here's a workaround: just choose english when installing (I'm portuguese).

Também só consegui depois de mudar para inglês, depois de uma instalação limpa :D
Johny.: snip
Viewing the community wishlist in Galaxy is messed up. It fails to show the default background color. See pic.
Attachments:
RTA: Sadly I can't put all my GOG Games onto just one spindle. I have two USB3 2Tb externals and some other older installs on a 1Tb internal. To put that little lot on just one drive would require me getting a 6 or 8Tb external and I'd rather not do that just to get around a problem with Galaxy. I'd prefer them to make Galaxy a little more sensible and a little less of a resource hog.
BKGaming: Jeez how many games do you have installed? xD

Anyway... do you unplug these external drives when not in use? It's possible Galaxy is losing it's database configuration when the drives are unpluged if so which messes up Galaxy when GOG goes to update the database.

This would not be the first time a program has lost stored information when a external drive was unplugged and/or powered off.

I'm kind of out of ideas though at this point. Sorry.
Nope. They're fixed and set up optimised for no removal.
They're been plugged into my setup since the first Galaxy betas, which didn't have a problem with anything.
NightmareChild: Ok, a couple of things.

1) Making "C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy" the default location is just asking for problems. Make that the root of C: or whatever else but not the UAC infested zone. Yes, it's secure in there but any problems will put users without experience thru a lot of hoops.

2) The uninstaller needs fixing as well. It always requires a reboot to get rid of "GalaxyClientService.exe". Always. This should not be happening but it does that all the time. Installing Galaxy over it doesn't work because the file requires admind rights no user actually has. And finally, the uninstaller doesn't even say that a reboot is necessary.

3) Even if I download the latest Galaxy setup files it's still updating during install. What exactly is Galaxy updating here?
Couldn't agree more !
RTA: Sadly I can't put all my GOG Games onto just one spindle. I have two USB3 2Tb externals and some other older installs on a 1Tb internal. To put that little lot on just one drive would require me getting a 6 or 8Tb external and I'd rather not do that just to get around a problem with Galaxy. I'd prefer them to make Galaxy a little more sensible and a little less of a resource hog.
Liosan: OK, I think I understand now. A ton of games on external (hence: unplugged) drives is a bit of a problem. Does disabling auto-updates before doing scan&import help? Does Galaxy launch on auto-start... possibly before the drives are usable?

BKGaming: The thumbnails/icons not displaying also needs to be investigated. This appears to have become a lot more common with the last few updates. I've noticed a few reports of this issue now via myself, mantis, and reddit.
Liosan: We are looking at that actually, but it's a bit of a layered problem. We fix one thing and then another pops up. We'll pin it down eventually :)

Bellshazar: Can anyone help me with gog galaxy being unable to update. I've tried uninstalling every last little bit of gog off my hardrive and and downloading the newest version but every time I start gog galaxy I get the same error message
"There was a problem with updating the application. You can always download the latest version from:" which is what I just did.
I can still log in, I can still play and buy games, but every time I start gog it tries to update and fails. Sometimes I'm still logged in but usually not (and then I have to re-authenticate etc).
Liosan: Could you post a bug report on http://mantis.gog.com/ attaching your logs from C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs ? We'll take a look :)

Arthmoor: Just dropped in to add that the same issue happened with mine but it seems you guys are already on it. Hoping for that hotfix soon.
Liosan: Working on it :) Should be today.

Liosan
The externals are never unplugged..

It's still 'updating' the games folders by the way. I'm now up to 'G' :-)
Post edited September 09, 2017 by RTA
Буду писать по Русскии, ибо нет смысла на вашем излагатся, глаголов и прилагательных не хватит. Так о чем я - Вы запустили Гвинт в бету ок хорошо, но при этом уже повсеместно проводятся всякие Турниры и соревнования, вопрос состоит в том что где баланс? Почему при одном выборе колоды ты не можешь противостоять всем? Расскажите мне какая колода севера в сухую катает против всех остальных и т.п., как собрать колобу без чистого неба и Главной золотой карты Геральт игни? мой взгляд на любые соревнования таков, условия должны быть равны с обеих сторон а когда они не равны то это тупо представление в цирке, когда перед тобой вроде много карт разных приходится пользоватся единицами, ибо остальные мусор.
Materiy1990: Буду писать по Русскии, ибо нет смысла на вашем излагатся, глаголов и прилагательных не хватит. Так о чем я - Вы запустили Гвинт в бету ок хорошо, но при этом уже повсеместно проводятся всякие Турниры и соревнования, вопрос состоит в том что где баланс? Почему при одном выборе колоды ты не можешь противостоять всем? Расскажите мне какая колода севера в сухую катает против всех остальных и т.п., как собрать колобу без чистого неба и Главной золотой карты Геральт игни? мой взгляд на любые соревнования таков, условия должны быть равны с обеих сторон а когда они не равны то это тупо представление в цирке, когда перед тобой вроде много карт разных приходится пользоватся единицами, ибо остальные мусор.
Пожалуйста, используйте форум Gwent. Это для обсуждения программы Galaxy.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent
Just to illustrate what a resource hog Galaxy is.
Is it really necessary to have seven concurrent processes running for something that is meant to just be a game launcher & updating portal ?

Why, when it re-scans folders, does it insist on downloading everything and installing it again, even though the games are already installed and up to date ?

This is madness.

On a 32 bit machine with just 3.32Gb of RAM to play with, this is no fun.

STILL 'updating', just started on 'H'.

That's TWELVE days so far of nearly 24/7 'updating' games that don't need updating and I've still got eighteen letters of the alphabet to go. Bet your servers are warm.
Attachments:
Post edited September 09, 2017 by RTA
RTA: Why, when it re-scans folders, does it insist on downloading everything and installing it again, even though the games are already installed and up to date ?
What do you mean by downloading everything and installing it again? Is it downloading the entire game?

If so, that is not normal behavior...
RTA: Why, when it re-scans folders, does it insist on downloading everything and installing it again, even though the games are already installed and up to date ?
BKGaming: What do you mean by downloading everything and installing it again? Is it downloading the entire game?

If so, that is not normal behavior...
It's not sensible behaviour, but that is what it is doing.

Checked the games folders and this is typical [attached] - Something from 'A'
Attachments:
RTA: It's not sensible behaviour, but that is what it is doing.

And this is with using scan and import (found under GOG COM logo -> scan and imprt -> point to games folder) to re-add the games after Galaxy trashes the database? Galaxy should not be downloading the entire game again.

You say you have been using Galaxy since beta? Have you done a clean re-install to see if that fixes the issue (ie uninstall, remove GOG folder from ProgramData, use registy cleaner, etc.)?

Have you filled out a mantis report with your logs? Talk to Liosan about getting an enviroment.json file to force Galaxy to generate more in-depth logs. This will allow GOG to have a much better idea about what is happening on your system and it's a lot more in-depth then the standard logs Galaxy generates.
RTA: It's not sensible behaviour, but that is what it is doing.

BKGaming: And this is with using scan and import (found under GOG COM logo -> scan and imprt -> point to games folder) to re-add the games after Galaxy trashes the database? Galaxy should not be downloading the entire game again.

You say you have been using Galaxy since beta? Have you done a clean re-install to see if that fixes the issue (ie uninstall, remove GOG folder from ProgramData, use registy cleaner, etc.)?

Have you filled out a mantis report with your logs? Talk to Liosan about getting an enviroment.json file to force Galaxy to generate more in-depth logs. This will allow GOG to have a much better idea about what is happening on your system and it's a lot more in-depth then the standard logs Galaxy generates.
Yes. When it periodically trashes the game database, I use the Scan and import folders option from Galaxy.

I've re-installed it a couple of times but as it forces updates on me there's not a lot you can do when the next update decides that your game database won't work anymore.
Uninstalled, removed folders, cleaned registry - automatic update - Ah, there it goes again.

I've not submitted a bug report as I don't see this as a bug. It's a regular thing that happens and once it does I'm stuffed. To get the game database rebuilt, you have to wipe Galaxy and its folders. I've got no errors, just installation logs for games that were already installed but are now installing again.
As far as the installation of games goes, it's working fine, it just shouldn't be doing it. That's a coding issue, not a user issue.
RTA: I've not submitted a bug report as I don't see this as a bug. It's a regular thing that happens and once it does I'm stuffed. To get the game database rebuilt, you have to wipe Galaxy and its folders. I've got no errors, just installation logs for games that were already installed but are now installing again.
As far as the installation of games goes, it's working fine, it just shouldn't be doing it. That's a coding issue, not a user issue.
Trashing the database because of a client update is not a regular thing.
Re-downloading entire games after the database has been rebuilt via a fresh Galaxy install is not a regular thing.

Even with the database gone, Galaxy should not be redownloading the entire game as long as you still have the orginal installation folder and as long as those folders still contain galaxy files like "goggame-galaxyFileList.ini" like in the Alan Wake folder you posted a picture of which the game should have if it was installed via Galaxy and not a standalone installer (even some of those will have it depending on how old the installer is).

This needs to be reported with logs.

If I can find a game I have installed that you also have... I can easily re-import it and tell you exactly how much data Galaxy uses to do so for me. Do you have something like Doom 3 or Obivion or Fallout 3 installed?

How many games are you importing at one time? I really would like to know this. Have you tried only importing 1 or 2 at a time to see if that makes a difference?
GOG Galaxy 1.2.23 installer link https://cdn.gog.com/open/galaxy/client/setup_galaxy_1.2.23.4.exe