It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
linax3: The pop-up message(aka Notifications) of GOG Galaxy down-right(default position) is taking focus away from current window. Pretty annoying.
Thanks for reporting, we are aware of this annoying issue: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=5082

You can follow the mantis ticket for updates if you wish.
Post edited June 22, 2018 by Johny.
mike_cesara: Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V still works though : )
kittehoverlord: Have you tried to Ctrl + C or Ctrl + V? ;3 You can not highlight text unless you Ctrl + A, and then the entire forum page is highlighted which can not be undone. You would need to hit the reply button, and highlight the text from the Add new post window in order to copy selected text.

I guess you meant to say the website still works in your web browser, right? ;)
This will be fixed back soon. Are there any other places you'd like selectable, but they aren't?
takezodunmer2005: but for the love of gog can you please fix the icon bug already!?
We really would like it fixed, and soon some changes in the icons caching system will be rolled out.
rg7430: It would be really cool If the GOG galaxy DEV team could make it possible for galaxyfriends to play directly from the galaxy for multiplayer games.. kinda like GameRanger has it? ..

I have a few games me and my brother play together.. on multiplayer mode ... and every time we have to open Gameranger , and see if the game is on that. And if it is, then we can use multiplayer games.
It is already possible for game devs to use Galaxy like that. :)
Game developers can use game invites to be sent to your GOG friends - which display as a notification. When you accept such an invitation - the game runs and you join your friend. This was used e.g. in Gwent.
Also, it's possible to create a lobby - e.g. in TWAG - if you open a multiplayer session and wait for other players, your friends will see JOIN button in friends window. When they click it - it will open the game and join the lobby.
efdu: Hey, I just started using GOG today, and so far it seems pretty nice. One thing I noticed, however, is the apparent lack of many customisation options and the not so clean UI of GOG Galaxy. It seems that it is largely just the website integrated into a client that has some extra functionality. Will there be any imroved GUI or a more developed profile page and social system?
For some more transparency: we are working on improving the User Interface currently. :)
Warrgarbl: (...)
It's not sorted in order of release, and the schwarze is incorrectly capitalized once. Personally, I'd prefer the following:
Das schwarze Auge 1: Die Schicksalsklinge
Das schwarze Auge 2: Sternenschweif
Das schwarze Auge 3: Schatten über Riva

If you could do that it would be super awesome :)
UmbraMachina: I second this. It'd be nice if we had more options for sorting our libraries.
For more transparency again:
Library - from when Galaxy was launched - didn't change much. We are happy to be working on improving it now. :) Can't wait to roll them out!
hiacre: Hi, I'm on a Mac, and I'm having trouble with GOG Galaxy 1.2.44 release - it worked before that.

I need to use GOG Galaxy because I'm playing the Stardew Valley beta, but since the update GOG Galaxy fails to launch. I get the error "GOG Galaxy quit unexpectedly."

I have tried reinstalling repeatedly, even making a new profile and deleting every GOG Galaxy file and preference file.

My daughter's gong nuts because she wants to keep playing multiplayer Stardew Valley with me.

Help?
Please send your logs to http://mantis.gog.com/

Also, did you try removing Storage?
rm -rf /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Storage/
.Ra: It would be great if we can see our games with the grid shelf view offline. Currently you can't see them if you don't have an internet connection. At least make it so that you can see your installed games with the shelf view even if you are offline like you can see them on the left side currently.
Seeing all your owned games is a feature we were discussing a lot in Galaxy teams - we'd also like to see that - but I can't reveal details about the works. :)
ShadowWulfe: Is there a way to tell Galaxy what exe it needs to be targeting?

For Age of Wonders it keeps targeting the wrong exe and there does not appear to be an option to tell it to stop doing that.
In the game folder, there should be a manifest file for Galaxy, you can edit the path there.

If you think it's wrong for everybody, please report it to support. :)
Johny.: snip
BKGaming: Shouldn't DLC listed under settings show the DLC name? Right now it's only showing numbers (looks like product id). Seems like some stuff is messed up currently, I can't remember but I think it use to show the DLC names right?
For me it's a DLC's name. Didn't you mix it up with a rollback version?
Hey,

we have released GOG Galaxy 1.2.45.

It introduces tooltips (which we will be using more widely in the future) and one important change to installation process.

We will no longer treat failures of games' dependency installations (such as Physx, Visual C++ Redistributables) as a failure of installation and thus blocking you from starting the game.
We make this change, because we cannot really control how these installers work, as they are made by third party. We would need to make either a system to handle them all separaetely (also with multiple versions of installers) or just hope for the best. We also believe that most of you have those installed from different installations (as they are quite popular) and reinstalling them is not needed.

Other than those changes, we bring some bugfixes, which you can find in the changelog.
BubbaSatori: GOG Galaxy locked up

"GOG Galaxy not connected."

"Connect now."

Close GOG Galaxy rinse and repeat ans still locked up.

I click on the connect now button and nothing happens.
Any solutions?
From both of your posts it seems like you have some kind of Galaxy<->internet connection problems. Firewalls, whatever - try disabling them and check.

We are aware of a bug occuring for some users - where they couldn't stay logged in - it looked similar. We have added different logs to the app, which will be released with the next version. Then we'll gather logs on mantis and pinpoint the issue.
BKGaming: Now 2 months without an update? Unusual, hopefully means a big update is coming.
AlexRavenheart: Or maybe they just gave up on it? (o_O)
o_O how did you know

The truth is we're not slowing down with Galaxy Client development.
powergod: Example, "Dying Light" connects automatically to techlan servers at the starts (it's a game "feature", you can't disable this), if I use it without the Galaxy service active, it can't connect to techlan servers, it reports "techlan servers offline" and that I can't play multiplayer, etc...

If instead I use it with the Galaxy service active, the first thing I see in the main menu is (I don't remember exactly) "Connected to techlan server... go to Facebook... go to twitter... etc..." and I can use multiplayer functionalities.

There is no way to disable this from Galaxy.

I hope this is more clear.
I think if you run the game from a .exe directly (you can make your own shortcut), it won't get Galaxy's multiplayer support, even if Galaxy is running.
Hey,

the newest GOG Galaxy update is here. We believe it should stabilize the process of installing/updating games after big change to internal Galaxy database structure few updates back and hopefully not introduced any new issues :)

In other notably changes, we've made acquiring GWENT more friendly for you. Previously to get GWENT, you've had to go through playgwent.com, now you can install it from Galaxy straight away, GWENT license will be given to you, as the game is free to play.

We have also introduced Korean and Chinese Traditional to languages with limited supported - more languages, more diversity, more fun!

재미있다
Garrett24601: Are profiles and the activity feed only on Galaxy now?

My user name and those sections have vanished on the website, but are still available on Galaxy.

Edit: It must have been a bug. It is now fixed, thanks
From what I know, some website personalization features were disabled, due to high load, due to free game on GOG. :D Sorry for issues!
Vermillion665:
nicho.martini:
Please send us your logs using "report" on http://mantis.gog.com/
Post edited October 07, 2018 by Johny.
Johny.: Please send us your logs using "report" on http://mantis.gog.com/
Vermillion665: Where do I find the logs that you need?
When you'll you to report page of mantis, you'll see instructions at the top. :)