It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cecil: Should I get BIAB5? there are like 3 DRM-free Mac games question is do they all stink?
Don't bother.
The only game with a DRM-Free download for Mac is Tiki Man.
cecil: Should I get BIAB5? there are like 3 DRM-free Mac games question is do they all stink?
madth3: Don't bother.
The only game with a DRM-Free download for Mac is Tiki Man.
there are actually 3 when I checked
Frankenstien
Royal defense
Tiki Man
cecil: Xenonauts
good, but sorely lacking in visual diversity - after a while all the levels start looking the same, and on the maps, all the NPCs are recycled... your squad look mostly the same in their gear...

also totally unfair AI at times - kill an alien... get grenade spammed from the other side of the map or picked off (also from the other side of the map) by plasma pistol weilding weaklings.
OR
see your entire squad panic for no reason, drop their equipment and run headlong into the aliens
OR
as above but see them start shooting each other.

I had to keep restarting missions because of this and eventually quit because of it.
I'd just avoid it unless its VERY cheap.

cecil: Hack Slash Loot
Quite good fun - very casual feeling though.
I didn't see this one on the last few pages:

The (VERY well-reviewed) Desura refugee Terra Incognita Chapter One: The Descendant is on sale for 14 cents on Steam. At that price, you can actually make a profit by selling its trading cards. Looks like a solid game as well.
cecil: there are actually 3 when I checked
Frankenstien
Royal defense
Tiki Man
I should've said that I have the bundle.

The others two must have Mac versions on Steam.
Post edited July 08, 2015 by madth3
cecil: there are actually 3 when I checked
Frankenstien
Royal defense
Tiki Man
madth3: I should've said that I have the bundle.

The others two must have Mac versions on Steam.
It "looked" like 3 were DRM free but groupees is known to have it look misleading...
cecil: It "looked" like 3 were DRM free but groupees is known to have it look misleading...
Actually, both descriptions of Frankenstein and Royal Defense have this at the end of the System Requirements:

"The DRM-Free version is for Windows only."
cecil: It "looked" like 3 were DRM free but groupees is known to have it look misleading...
madth3: Actually, both descriptions of Frankenstein and Royal Defense have this at the end of the System Requirements:

"The DRM-Free version is for Windows only."
Ok then they are honest I just missed that part :(
I picked this full bundle up because I had already been interested in the animation tool Spriter Pro, and for $12 it was a pretty easy decision. However, when checking out my keys / download page, I didn't even realize it but there was a game high on my wishlist included in the $1 tier (and everything in the bundle is individual keys, in case anyone was wondering):

Last Word - Story-driven mystery game reminiscent of Clue / The Ship: Murder Party with strong character development and some unique gameplay elements that are not usually found in RPG-maker games.
Post edited July 08, 2015 by the.kuribo
the.kuribo: Last Word - Story-driven mystery game reminiscent of Clue / The Ship: Murder Party with strong character development and some unique gameplay elements that are not usually found in RPG-maker games.
That looks super interesting, thanks.

Here's the GOG wishlist entry (for those of you who'd like a DRM-free version in future):
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/last_word

I'm vote number 4.
Cyraxpt: Welp, i need to learn to continue scrolling to see if there was any update. RIP IAmSinistar money, you shall be missed.
Surprise surprise, just played FarSky for a couple hours and I actually am enjoying it. I really like the mood of the game, and the exploration and crafting/building aspects are fun. The rapacity with which predators come after you as soon as you kill a fish is a bit off-putting, though. And the fact that if you die before reaching the loot crate from your previous death you lose everything (shades of Dark Souls), makes for some nasty setbacks. But overall the positives outweigh the negatives, and it was $3 well spent. Don't know if there's much replay value, but the base mission is certainly worth the sale price. I've already gotten as much fun time out of it as I did with Chronology (good but way short), and I've still got a good portion of the base quest left.
Cyraxpt: Welp, i need to learn to continue scrolling to see if there was any update. RIP IAmSinistar money, you shall be missed.
IAmSinistar: Surprise surprise, just played FarSky for a couple hours and I actually am enjoying it. I really like the mood of the game, and the exploration and crafting/building aspects are fun. The rapacity with which predators come after you as soon as you kill a fish is a bit off-putting, though. And the fact that if you die before reaching the loot crate from your previous death you lose everything (shades of Dark Souls), makes for some nasty setbacks. But overall the positives outweigh the negatives, and it was $3 well spent. Don't know if there's much replay value, but the base mission is certainly worth the sale price. I've already gotten as much fun time out of it as I did with Chronology (good but way short), and I've still got a good portion of the base quest left.
Dear diary,

Today i found out that IAmSinister has bad taste in videogames, i mean, he's enjoying a game so bland that makes the water have taste. O-M-G. I need to remember not to take recommendations from him, i will end up playing Bad Rats or something like that.
Anyway, today Brad said hello to me, how cool is that? I'll tell you more more tomorrow.

-

Lol, what can i say, perhaps it's my standards in the sense that i've played (or seen) similar games (survival/crafting) that offer more than FarSky, like i said in the "review", some of the stuff it's pointless and it's missing alot of content to make it enjoyable/replayable for me, but like you, i got it cheap ($1 from a bundle) so meh (still not worth my time).
Post edited July 08, 2015 by Cyraxpt
the.kuribo: I picked this full bundle up because I had already been interested in the animation tool Spriter Pro, and for $12 it was a pretty easy decision. However, when checking out my keys / download page, I didn't even realize it but there was a game high on my wishlist included in the $1 tier (and everything in the bundle is individual keys, in case anyone was wondering):

Last Word - Story-driven mystery game reminiscent of Clue / The Ship: Murder Party with strong character development and some unique gameplay elements that are not usually found in RPG-maker games.
Going on picking it up 2nd week full BTA 3rd tier as well.

Figured out I could get some experience by using those game tools.
IAmSinistar: Surprise surprise, just played FarSky for a couple hours and I actually am enjoying it. I really like the mood of the game, and the exploration and crafting/building aspects are fun. The rapacity with which predators come after you as soon as you kill a fish is a bit off-putting, though. And the fact that if you die before reaching the loot crate from your previous death you lose everything (shades of Dark Souls), makes for some nasty setbacks. But overall the positives outweigh the negatives, and it was $3 well spent. Don't know if there's much replay value, but the base mission is certainly worth the sale price. I've already gotten as much fun time out of it as I did with Chronology (good but way short), and I've still got a good portion of the base quest left.
Cyraxpt: Dear diary,

Today i found out that IAmSinister has bad taste in videogames, i mean, he's enjoying a game so bland that makes the water have taste. O-M-G. I need to remember not to take recommendations from him, i will end up playing Bad Rats or something like that.
Anyway, today Brad said hello to me, how cool is that? I'll tell you more more tomorrow.

-

Lol, what can i say, perhaps it's my standards in the sense that i've played (or seen) similar games (survival/crafting) that offer more than FarSky, like i said in the "review", some of the stuff it's pointless and it's missing alot of content to make it enjoyable/replayable for me, but like you, i got it cheap ($1 from a bundle) so meh (still not worth my time).
Pssst! I heard that Brad likes FarSky! No lie!
Cyraxpt: Dear diary,

-

I tried frisky for about 5 minutes when I got it awhile back and was like "huh I don't get it the trailer looked cool... but this game is boring... NEXT" If there is a good game in that not quite minecraft genre someone let me know :)