It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dyscode: I'd like to ask for some input regarding Dreamfall, which is on sale for $6 on GOG.
Worth it for the price?
IMHO story is a half baked version of The Longest journey (which I already have and love) with nothing really new and gameplay is flawed end to end from what I gather and Dreamfall Chapters, is coming anyway finishing what Dreamfall couldn't.

So does it make sense to buy it, since $6 would be the maximum I ever care to spent on that game?

thanks, :)
Alan13: Yes IMO it is worth that. The only little minus are: controls and fights. But you get used to it and its not that bad. The story and characters are great!
thanks for the input! :)
ne_zavarj: Origin :

Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition 8.50 €
grviper: ...
Under $4 in Russian Origin.
Is it worth it though?
It is absolutely worth $4. Sleeping Dogs was surprisingly good, probably the best GTA-like game that I've played.
dnoelsmith: I had the same question. Settlers 7 on Steam runs the UPlay client but separately from the main UPlay client. In other words, if you have 10 UPlay games that you can run from the regular UPlay client and you install Settlers 7 from Steam, it will not add the game to the regular UPlay client.You will get a message that you cannot run 2 Uplay clients. So you have to shut down your regular client so that Steam can run the Settlers & stand-alone Uplay client. Weird and a bit confusing.

I did install Anno 2070 Complete from the GameStop client a few minutes ago and it did add the game to the regular UPlay client. So if you had ten games, you'll now see 11, Anno 2070 being the 11th.

Anno install notes:
1) Be prepared for lot's of auto patch updating.
2) After all patching,the version is v2.00.7780
3) Deep Ocean and all DLC will install automatically.
4) The Complete Edition Bonus content (soundtrack, posters, art book) needs to be installed separately from the GameStop client.
5) You can run the game form the GameStop or Uplay clients. Running the game from the GameStop client brings up a small rectangular "Anno 2070 Complete Edition" window showing the activation code and a PLAY button.Hitting PLAY loads the standard UPlay client. Click on the games icon in the GameStop client window to play the game.

Hopefully, it's not too late for you to get the discount.
Thanks very much for the info. 8)
dnoelsmith: I had the same question. Settlers 7 on Steam runs the UPlay client but separately from the main UPlay client. In other words, if you have 10 UPlay games that you can run from the regular UPlay client and you install Settlers 7 from Steam, it will not add the game to the regular UPlay client.You will get a message that you cannot run 2 Uplay clients. So you have to shut down your regular client so that Steam can run the Settlers & stand-alone Uplay client. Weird and a bit confusing.

I did install Anno 2070 Complete from the GameStop client a few minutes ago and it did add the game to the regular UPlay client. So if you had ten games, you'll now see 11, Anno 2070 being the 11th.

Anno install notes:
1) Be prepared for lot's of auto patch updating.
2) After all patching,the version is v2.00.7780
3) Deep Ocean and all DLC will install automatically.
4) The Complete Edition Bonus content (soundtrack, posters, art book) needs to be installed separately from the GameStop client.
5) You can run the game form the GameStop or Uplay clients. Running the game from the GameStop client brings up a small rectangular "Anno 2070 Complete Edition" window showing the activation code and a PLAY button.Hitting PLAY loads the standard UPlay client. Click on the games icon in the GameStop client window to play the game.

Hopefully, it's not too late for you to get the discount.
Does it still have activation limits?
Post edited May 11, 2013 by Giltonnam
Giltonnam: Does it still have activation limits?
Protection: TAGES-SolidShield
Giltonnam: Does it still have activation limits?
ne_zavarj: Protection: TAGES-SolidShield
bleh :/
Tarnicus: [Order didn't arrive after a day and wanted a refund]
PenguinJim: Never, EVER order anything from GMG, then! o_O

(I Googled "Play-asia fraud" as you suggested, and saw many questions about whether or not is was a fraudulent site, and very little actual bad feedback. Compare with a Google search for "gog.com fraud" and "gmg fraud" and you'll (hopefully) get the idea...)

Incidentally, if you go to your order status, if it's not marked as "shipped" then you should be able to cancel the order there immediately. :)
Thanks for the replies people(sorry too tired to quote all responses).

I've purchased over 500 games from GoG, Steam, Amazon, Gamersgate and Desura and various indie bundle sites, and not once have I ever not received a code instantly. One of the main reasons I purchase games online rather than get physical copies is for convenience. Hence my assumption that fraud might have been the case in this instance. I realise that it is most likely a matter of shit-house business practise rather than fraud.

I buy a code for Steam through Play-Asia that I do not receive within the timeframe given by the website. The item was in stock at the time of purchase.
I receive no communication from the company informing me that they are out of stock. How can a retailer sell something that they do not have, with no mention of stock lacking? It's not a physical item so this makes no sense to me.
Customer service fails to respond promptly and when they finally do, tell me that they will not have more stock for 1-2 weeks. No automated or manual "we are out of stock" message. I have to scour their website and chase them up to receive a reply.
They have offered a refund, which I am seeking due to not wanting to support such poor business practises. Hopefully that refund(which I am still waiting for) is returned posthaste.

I can see how it was jumping to conclusions to assume fraud but I cannot believe people think this is the way to run an online gaming store. With the competition that is out there, I'll take my business(which is an enjoyable game buying addiction! lol) elsewhere. This experience has cost Play-Asia more than one potentially great customer.

Thank you GoG for running an online gaming store the RIGHT way for me <3
PandaLiang: Now on the other hand, putting stuff on sale while not having the keys in stock does seem odd.
Psyringe: They probably _did_ have the keys in stock when they started the sale. But as a shop, it's hard to estimate how many keys you'll need for a sale. It's not economically feasible to buy so many keys that you can't possibly run out. And you never know whether there's suddenly someone spreading the info of the sale to places which have never heard of your shop, triggering a sudden flood of orders that you had no way to prepare for.

You then have the choice to keep selling the item (potentially angering people who expected to play it right away), stopping the sale (potentially angering people who wouldn't have minded waiting for the key if they get the item for that price), or (ideally) putting a message up somewhere that the keys have run out, but new ones are on the way. Seems that PlayAsia didn't put up such a message, which is suboptimal, but not that unusual.
Precisely. How hard is it to generate an automated reply with shopping cart software saying "We are out of stock" when such a situation occurs, rather than charging a customer's credit card and making them wait(who knows how long but days so far) for a refund?

Edit: a perfect example of good business. I went to purchase Fallout 3 on sale at Gamersgate and was informed BEFORE confirming the purchase that they were out of keys and it would take a couple of days to restock. Much nicer than having my card charged and being told afterwards.
Post edited May 12, 2013 by Tarnicus
I have acquired two physical things from playasia. They both came through nicely and in time. On the other hand those were preorders but still that shit should not take that longto give you the damn steam keys.
I've bought from playasia before and they got the game to me in a timely manner. It's expensive (clearly not in the case of dark souls) but they're reliable.
30% off Uplay or UShop coupon, redeemable only in the US and Canada, not valid on preorders (got this for my birthday and I'm not going to use it)

One-time code on checkout: o437fu6h6

EDIT: Here's another one:

Dear Gamer,

Thank you for recently downloading Europa Universalis III Chronicles. We hope your experience downloading from GameFly exceeded your expectations.

We want to thank you with a coupon for 20% off your next purchase of a Paradox Interactive PC title, valid through Friday, May 24 on select Paradox Interactive PC games or bundles* available for pre-order or purchase. Please find your one-time use coupon code below, and enter it during checkout:

Coupon Code: PESK367HFTHTXRRX

We welcome any feedback you may have about your purchase and hope you return to buy from us again in the future.

Thank you,

The GameFly Team
Post edited May 11, 2013 by CymTyr
Torchlight II at 66% discount in Steam daily deal
Lowest price since launch (for me shows $5.87)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/
tokisto: Torchlight II at 66% discount in Steam daily deal
Here (in EU) its bout 6,5€/8$, I´m gonna wait...
Post edited May 12, 2013 by Alan13
tokisto: Torchlight II at 66% discount in Steam daily deal
In a 4 pack it's under $5
Death to Spies 1 &amp; 2 -75% €$5 oo GG.

lots of Indie Games on -50% Sales here:
http://www.showmethegames.com/sales.php
Post edited May 12, 2013 by dyscode