It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Balazs: So, is that Dishonored discount worth it, or should I wait for it to go even lower? I remember it getting lots of positive reviews right after release, but games tend to be a bit over-hyped at those times.
Buying Video Games: The Extensive Guide
Attachments:
the_guide.jpg (190 Kb)
Balazs: So, is that Dishonored discount worth it, or should I wait for it to go even lower? I remember it getting lots of positive reviews right after release, but games tend to be a bit over-hyped at those times.
I think the question is, will you play it right away or do you mind waiting a few more months and playing something from your backlog in the meantime?

The general rule with game pricing, for any game, is that if it isn't $10 or less then you can be sure it WILL go lower at some point in the future. Buy now only if you'll play now (Or if the company is closing and the game availability might suffer, I guess).
Isn't Dishonored yet to get its final DLC pack?
grviper: Isn't Dishonored yet to get its final DLC pack?
Yeah, there's still an upcoming one and current DLC is not for sale. However, since DLC content seems to be separate from the main game (separate missions etc) I wouldn't worry too much since getting the DLC later on another sale won't mean having to replay the game.
Tizzysawr: I wouldn't worry too much since getting the DLC later on another sale won't mean having to replay the game.
Yet the final DLC opens the doors for a cheap complete edition, which will be further discounted. Bethesda, after all.
Tizzysawr: I think the question is, will you play it right away or do you mind waiting a few more months and playing something from your backlog in the meantime?

The general rule with game pricing, for any game, is that if it isn't $10 or less then you can be sure it WILL go lower at some point in the future. Buy now only if you'll play now (Or if the company is closing and the game availability might suffer, I guess).
I guess I can wait a while more. I can be pretty patient when it comes to buying games. I only considered getting it because the 7.5Ł price was surprisingly low for a game this new.

@Profanity: Indeed, but it is lower than that. :D
Profanity: Buying Video Games: The Extensive Guide
LOL! Awesome guide, very helpful. Thank you!!

Fallen Enchantress is the Steam daily deal at $10.19 and another $1.69 if you want the map pack.

I know the standalone expansion which includes this content is coming soon but that is going to be 40 bucks initially and I imagine it will be a while before that comes down to around $10.
Post edited May 09, 2013 by dirtyharry50
dirtyharry50: LOL! Awesome guide, very helpful. Thank you!!

Fallen Enchantress is the Steam daily deal at $10.19 and another $1.69 if you want the map pack.

I know the standalone expansion which includes this content is coming soon but that is going to be 40 bucks initially and I imagine it will be a while before that comes down to around $10.
You can get the FE: LE expansion for $20 from someone who already owns FE, there's really no point in owning both, so if you're actually thinking about getting FE, finding someone to get LH is probably smarter. (I can help if anyone wants)
Post edited May 09, 2013 by Pheace
dirtyharry50: LOL! Awesome guide, very helpful. Thank you!!

Pheace: You can get the FE: LE expansion for $20 from someone who already owns FE, there's really no point in owning both, so if you're actually thinking about getting FE, finding someone to get LH is probably smarter. (I can help if anyone wants)
After reading about both the original and the expansion, I decided to be cheap and go for the original for eight bucks less. Thank you though for the offer. That was nice of you.
dirtyharry50: After reading about both the original and the expansion, I decided to be cheap and go for the original for eight bucks less. Thank you though for the offer. That was nice of you.
Fair enough. I really wouldn't have recommended it because I consider the LH upgrade barely more than a DLC upgrade for the base FE, I'd say LH is only worth it if you're buying into the game for the first time and even then only on a reduced price obviously, not the $40 they're asking which is ridiculous compared to the marginal difference it is from FE.

LH being standalone basically obsoletes FE now, I imagine future content will probably be for LH as well.
Post edited May 09, 2013 by Pheace
dirtyharry50: After reading about both the original and the expansion, I decided to be cheap and go for the original for eight bucks less. Thank you though for the offer. That was nice of you.
Pheace: Fair enough. I really wouldn't have recommended it because I consider the LH upgrade barely more than a DLC upgrade for the base FE, I'd say LH is only worth it if you're buying into the game for the first time and even then only on a reduced price obviously, not the $40 they're asking which is ridiculous compared to the marginal difference it is from FE.

LH being standalone basically obsoletes FE now, I imagine future content will probably be for LH as well.
Yeah, I was definitely being a cheapskate but I figured I'll get more than my money's worth for under 12 bucks and can always consider whatever is available down the line later on, etc. I've really been wanting to try this after watching a let's play a while ago for about an hour of early gameplay. I've read the game is fairly accessible for a 4x newcomer too which in my case is a plus, not that I don't expect a learning curve. I'm fine with that. Depth makes for fun.
korell: Suppose I should have been more precise, does the Steam version of Just Cause 1 still have Securom? ABH20's post suggests it no longer does, but I'm looking for confirmation of that.
retsuseiba: The Big DRM List never mentions Just Cause having active/inert/removed Securom on Steam, nor anything else. Also the Just Cause in my Steam library doesn't have an option for cdkey, although I haven't played it yet to give you a proper confirmation.
Just thought I'd get back to you on this. I got Just Cause 1 in the Steam daily 75% off a few days ago. Installed it this evening, ran it, no UAService process. I then ran the Securom Removal Tool and it found no trace of Securom. Hooray! So now we know that Just Cause 1 on Steam has no Securom. :)
dirtyharry50: Yeah, I was definitely being a cheapskate but I figured I'll get more than my money's worth for under 12 bucks and can always consider whatever is available down the line later on, etc. I've really been wanting to try this after watching a let's play a while ago for about an hour of early gameplay. I've read the game is fairly accessible for a 4x newcomer too which in my case is a plus, not that I don't expect a learning curve. I'm fine with that. Depth makes for fun.
I imagine you'll get a fair amount of enjoyment out of it, it's decent, a definite improvement over Elemental, although LH again is an improvement on that imo and closer to what I'd consider a good game. My biggest issue with LH, and reason I mention it like that, is that because LH is only a standalone and not available as a separate DLC I think it won't be worth the marginal upgrade from FE any time soon since they'll be selling it as a 'new' product at new prices and low sales for quite a while probably, which will make it not worth the upgrade for a long time, thus better to get the LH one now.

Kind of depends if the half off for FE owners persists after release though because that does help of course, but I'm skeptical about that.
Profanity: Buying Video Games: The Extensive Guide
naaa, too much! make that 15 bucks and you`re safe.

my personal mark is 10. Can`t remember when I last paid 20 for a game, oh wait... ME3, waste of money.
So for 11k-something BLC, Dishonoured seems ok.

Waiting for Dead Space 3 to get this low, learned my lesson (again) with ME3...
(But on the other hand Fallout 3 /NV was totally worth it!)
Post edited May 09, 2013 by dyscode
dnoelsmith: At Game Stop, "Anno 2070 Complete" including all DLC and Deep Ocean is 66% off. $49.99 less 66%=$16.75. I have not seen it cheaper. I've been waiting for this to get below 20$...Instant buy!!! Use coupon code SDKD-RQXQ-NRAC . Found this at DIgital Game Deal

Here's everything that's included in the "Complete" package listed on the GameStop 2070 page:

Anno 2070® Deep Ocean

DLC Content Unlocked

The Development Package (bonus missions)
The Guardian Package (new buildings)
The Eden Series Package (ornamental buildings and decorations)
The Central Statistical Package (new building skins)
The Crisis Response Package (two new missions)
The Distrust Series Package (ornamental buildings and decorations)
The Silent Running Package (nuclear submarine and exclusive skin)
The Nordamark Line Package (buildings and skins)
The E.V.E. Package (UI overhaul)
The Eden Project (world event)
The Nordamark Border Conflict (world event)
Global Distrust (world event)
Exclusive Premium Content

Complete Anno 2070 soundtrack.
Updated Tree of Technologies poster.
I've been waiting for Anno 2070 to come down in price for awhile now. This seems like a nice deal, but I'm nervous about buying it from Gamestop. Do I have to download it through Impulse and then have UPlay on top of it? Can I just add the keys to UPlay directly?
Does anyone know? I've heard a few complaints about how UPlay and Steam are kind of a mess when paired together. I'd prefer to keep the game to one client (UPlay in this case) at a time.