It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

999888: Origin is doing a Spring Sale: 50% off most titles.
Not showing up for me. Possibly Europe only?
Pheace: Come now guys, Amazon specifically said they were using this is a DRM free test to see if the voiced population would actually put their money where their mouth is, and if so they did they'd look into acquiring more DRM-free from the publishers.

Put your money where your mouth is and buy all the games on this obvious marketing ploy xD
Umm, no thank you. I own most of them on Steam already and I am certainly not buying them again to "make a point" for some "marketing test."

Either Amazon's marketeers are really stupid testing with older games which most people who wanted them already own or... they think we are stupid. Either way does not cast a favorable light on them in my eyes. I have yet to purchase any downloadable games from Amazon and what they are doing now isn't helping that situation.

They have had some good deals of late, sure. But it's not anything I don't see on a regular basis from Steam. DRM free only becomes significant when it's on new releases nobody else has DRM free or if they do for substantially less money.

Nice try Amazon! Try again.

I do have to concede however that this current sale is good news for anyone who doesn't already own those games and wants them. As a marketing test though? I don't think so.
Post edited March 12, 2012 by dirtyharry50
I was waiting for Assassin's Creed to be DRM-free forever. And after I played Splinter Cell Conviction, I wanted to try another one (I picked up the double agent one). The marketing ploy definitely worked for me. I might even go back and get some more.
Tallima: I was waiting for Assassin's Creed to be DRM-free forever. And after I played Splinter Cell Conviction, I wanted to try another one (I picked up the double agent one). The marketing ploy definitely worked for me. I might even go back and get some more.
Eeeh, you really should've gone with Chaos Theory, Double Agent is often considered to be the weakest of the series.
thebum06: Am I the only one who can't follow links on the origin site because it keep redirecting me to the front page of the localized store?
It works for me because I have the scripts disabled.
Surprise Deal of the Day at GamersGate:

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena for 75% off (4.99 $/€).

I never heard of the games (according to the description this item contains two complete games). The ratings on GamersGate are pretty good, so perhaps I should do a bit of research. :) Tages DRM is a roadblock though.
Post edited March 12, 2012 by Psyringe
999888: Origin is doing a Spring Sale: 50% off most titles.
Holy shit. This works here in Mexico / Latin America too.

BATTLEFIELD 3, SYNDICATE AND KINGDOMS OF AMALUR RECKONING ARE TWENTY BUCKS.

Also, it looks like they've finally begun to offer non-Origin games too, there's a Choplifter HD offer on the front page for like $4 USD.

800 Bioware points are 150 pesos, about $13.
Post edited March 12, 2012 by Foxhack
Where on earth are you seeing Syndicate/Kingdoms of Amalur for 20 bucks? Because it's only showing a FEW "top titles" at 50% off.

KOA/Syndicate at full price still.
The only ones on sale (at least in the US site)

Are BF3, Sims 3, Crysis 2, Mass effect 2, Medal of Honor, basically slighty older games, not a single new release or anything.
Stiler: Where on earth are you seeing Syndicate/Kingdoms of Amalur for 20 bucks? Because it's only showing a FEW "top titles" at 50% off.
IN MEXICO AND LATIN AMERICA. :P
Stiler: Where on earth are you seeing Syndicate/Kingdoms of Amalur for 20 bucks?
Outside US. I also see it.
Stiler: Where on earth are you seeing Syndicate/Kingdoms of Amalur for 20 bucks?
grviper: Outside US. I also see it.
I'm in venezuela and I see it 50% off... making it 25EUR. Not 20 bucks, though still cheaper than retail.
Yup Kingdoms nearly half price here ! woot

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_GB/DisplayProductDetailsPage/ThemeID.850300/productID.232511600
dirtyharry50: Either Amazon's marketeers are really stupid testing with older games which most people who wanted them already own or... they think we are stupid. Either way does not cast a favorable light on them in my eyes. I have yet to purchase any downloadable games from Amazon and what they are doing now isn't helping that situation.
Did you expect Amazon to somehow make developers and publishers suddenly want to release their newest titles DRM free....? It's not a surprise at all that they only have older games available.

Seems like you just have something against Amazon.
I rather have my netbook die on me rather than buy anything on Origin.

The offer of 50% off is also available here.
So is there any way to browse all games on Origin? All I can see is whatever is on the front page and their main franchises.