It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gixgox: Somebody interested in a bundle:

Indiegala Anuman Interactive Bundle of Steam games

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games!
Monument Builders - Alcatraz (STEAM)
Darkstone (STEAM)
Bet On Soldier (STEAM)

Pay $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 14 AWESOME STEAM GAMES!
Nicolas Eymerich The Inquisitor Book II : The Village (STEAM)
Subject 13 (STEAM) +
AGON - The Mysterious Codex (Trilogy) (STEAM) +
AGON - The Lost Sword of Toledo (STEAM) +
Red Johnson's Chronicles - 1+2 - Steam Special Edition (STEAM)
Fire & Forget - The Final Assault (STEAM)
Black Viper: Sophia's Fate (STEAM)
Pirates vs Corsairs: Davy Jones's Gold (STEAM)
Dream Chamber (STEAM)
Garfield Kart (STEAM)
Gods vs Humans (STEAM)
gixgox:
I'm tempted because of the AGON games... Is Garfield any good? dunno any of the others though, but they seem HOGy?
yogsloth: Could we stop cluttering up this thread with endless vomit about the Steam sale?
Yes. ....
You know, now that you mention it, I had a few questions about that sale, maybe someone can enlighten me. ;P

So these Card thingies (never really understood who buys those and why). I don't need them so I wanna sell them.
I get three new ones each day, by clicking through that queue and they sell for about 0.10€ so that will give me around 3€ in a ten day sale. (not as good as the gog freebies, but at least something) But to sell them steam puts them on hold for 15 days because I don't use this steam guard app. That's until after the sale.

now the question I have is: Will I even be able to sell these cards after the sale? Or won't there be any interest and I should install that stupid app for the time being until I can get rid of it after the sale again (I'm really wondering if paying me 3€ in store credit should be enough to install that kind of crap app on my phone...:( )

2nd Question: I own a fair share of games on gog already, so when I get presented those when looking through the steam queue thingie and I'd like to know how you guys handle that situation.
I don't wanna follow and wishlist the game obviously because I own them but I don't necessarily wanna say Not interested because I think then steam might think I don't like these kinds of games....
(because I'd always say "not interested" whenever a good game comes up that I have already bought on gog and then steam will probably only shows me crap titles because I'm apparently not interested in good games
... What do you do in that case? just click next? but then they come back time and again.... :/
mchack: 2nd Question
It doesn't matter. I think if you click "Not interested" it just means Steam won't suggest the same game to you anymore. I don't think the system is smart enough to make useful suggestions based on what you're interested in and what not. But if you worry about that, just click continue and don't cast a vote on the games.
yogsloth: Could we stop cluttering up this thread with endless vomit about the Steam sale?
mchack: Yes. ....
You know, now that you mention it, I had a few questions about that sale, maybe someone can enlighten me. ;P

So these Card thingies (never really understood who buys those and why). I don't need them so I wanna sell them.
I get three new ones each day, by clicking through that queue and they sell for about 0.10€ so that will give me around 3€ in a ten day sale. (not as good as the gog freebies, but at least something) But to sell them steam puts them on hold for 15 days because I don't use this steam guard app. That's until after the sale.

now the question I have is: Will I even be able to sell these cards after the sale? Or won't there be any interest and I should install that stupid app for the time being until I can get rid of it after the sale again (I'm really wondering if paying me 3€ in store credit should be enough to install that kind of crap app on my phone...:( )

[...]
Unfortunately, the cards won't be worth anything after the sale - in fact, they won't be useful for anything at all: if you look at the description of one of them, you can see the notice "Valid until 7/4/2016, 12:00:00 PM". This falls well before the end of the holding period, meaning unless you utilize Steam Mobile Guard (and wait 7 days after activation), you won't be able to sell these cards. (Terribly annoyed by this, since I haven't got an Android or iOS device, and won't be getting one just so I can trade on the marketplace. >_>)
Post edited June 25, 2016 by expopower
mchack: now the question I have is: Will I even be able to sell these cards after the sale?
From the Badge FAQ:

Unlike previous badges, once the sale ends the cards will disappear. Make sure to trade and craft your badges before July 4th 10am PST.
And Leroux is right about the queue. I've been marking certain genres as Not Interested for ages and Steam would still suggest those. (If not for the latest option to block unwanted tags)
Post edited June 25, 2016 by madth3
mchack: I get three new ones each day, by clicking through that queue and they sell for about 0.10€ so that will give me around 3€ in a ten day sale.
And btw, it's not guaranteed that you'd get 3€. The cards will probably repeat themselves and their value will drop soon.
mchack: I get three new ones each day, by clicking through that queue and they sell for about 0.10€ so that will give me around 3€ in a ten day sale.
Leroux: And btw, it's not guaranteed that you'd get 3€. The cards will probably repeat themselves and their value will drop soon.
thanks for both your replies (and of course thank you madth3 and expopower, too) you are of course correct.
as so often the case I should just rtfm before asking:

Selecting ‘Not Interested’ on a product in your Discovery Queue lets Steam know that you don’t want to see that product in any featured area or recommendations (it may still show up in areas such as ‘Popular New Releases’). It does not change what kind of games will be recommended to you.
and here I was thinking there's some neuronal network behind it trying to find the perfect game for me....

as for the the cards thingie after your replies and seeing just how little gems I get when turning them, I just bit the bad apple and installed this thing and interestingly enough my marketplace entries were still on hold for 15 days :( but then I removed them all and enlisted them again with the authenticator intact and steam let them through instantanously (that a word?) -> I already am 0.35€ richer :D

which means I can buy one of those super cheap bundles full of rpgmaker games with cards and sell all of these and repeat and become rich Gwahahaha :D
*gotta go quit my day job...*

EDIT: ohh 0.43€ keep em coming :D

expopower: (Terribly annoyed by this, since I haven't got an Android or iOS device, and won't be getting one just so I can trade on the marketplace. >_>)
btw, have you tried an android emulator (ie arc welder for chrome) yet? maybe it works... don't know
or something like this Steam Desktop Authenticator
Post edited June 25, 2016 by mchack
Is there a mean to check the Steam Sale by price tag (2 €/$ or less for example), because hundreds of page to check give me headhaches ?
MaxFulvus: Is there a mean to check the Steam Sale by price tag (2 €/$ or less for example), because hundreds of page to check give me headhaches ?
Would this be helpful?

Current deals on Steam

You may adjust it to your needs.
Post edited June 25, 2016 by gixgox
gixgox:
Looks good. It lags on my tablet to download the page, so I will check it later on my PC. Thank you very much and +1 for your help.
You're welcome. :)
summitus: Please GOG could we have another sale ? .... because the Steam sale is shit. :(
I've no opinion about that either way, but I'm curious about how or why you think the Steam sale is shit. There are over 12000 games on sale and perusing the site since the sale started, as expected games have the usual discounts one might come to expect if they peruse Steam sales regularly.

So I guess I'm asking you to elaborate if possible on your definition of what shit means as pertaining to the Steam sale, and what you would do to improve it perhaps. To me it's just another Steam sale and more or less exactly what I expected it'd be however I didn't even realize there were 12000+ games on Steam. Or should I say... 11000 indie shovelware on Steam and 1000+ games. :)

Perhaps I just figured out what you meant by shit! :)

Normally I browse games under $5, sort by price and go from the lowest price up to about $3 or so, but holy crap.... there are like 5000 Indie shovelware games that are 34-50 cents that you have to click through about 500 pages of to get to actual games. I have to admit I gave up after a while. :oP I wish they had a filter that you could choose the exact price range by inputting your own numbers, like:

Price between [ 0.89 ] and [ 3.00 ] which is [ not DLC, not Anime, not Indie shovelware, not VR, not pixelated ]... :)

I suppose the browse-games section with tag "Indie" removed as a filter might trim the unwanted games down to something that fits on one screen though. :)
skeletonbow: ...I have to admit I gave up after a while. :oP I wish they had a filter that you could choose the exact price range by inputting your own numbers, like:

Price between [ 0.89 ] and [ 3.00 ] which is [ not DLC, not Anime, not Indie shovelware, not VR, not pixelated ]... :)

I suppose the browse-games section with tag "Indie" removed as a filter might trim the unwanted games down to something that fits on one screen though. :)
See my post above:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post63195
Yeah, saw that earlier. Useful site but doesn't quite have enough filter options to narrow down enough. The tag filter can't be negated which is what I'd want to get rid of certain tags like Anime, Indie, Platformer, Puzzle. Still, it appears useful for other types of queries although one needs to install a browser addon to make it really shine (not a problem really).
summitus: Please GOG could we have another sale ? .... because the Steam sale is shit. :(
skeletonbow: I've no opinion about that either way, but I'm curious about how or why you think the Steam sale is shit. There are over 12000 games on sale and perusing the site since the sale started, as expected games have the usual discounts one might come to expect if they peruse Steam sales regularly.

So I guess I'm asking you to elaborate if possible on your definition of what shit means as pertaining to the Steam sale, and what you would do to improve it perhaps. To me it's just another Steam sale and more or less exactly what I expected it'd be however I didn't even realize there were 12000+ games on Steam. Or should I say... 11000 indie shovelware on Steam and 1000+ games. :)

Perhaps I just figured out what you meant by shit! :)

Normally I browse games under $5, sort by price and go from the lowest price up to about $3 or so, but holy crap.... there are like 5000 Indie shovelware games that are 34-50 cents that you have to click through about 500 pages of to get to actual games. I have to admit I gave up after a while. :oP I wish they had a filter that you could choose the exact price range by inputting your own numbers, like:

Its true you have to browse through tons of crap to find any good stuff you might be interested in, but one of the main reasons is that there is just no incentive to spend my money , GOG had a great get XP and get some really good free games thing going on and steam has nothing but stupid worthless trading cards. My thoughts anyway , I understand that probably a lot of peeps wouldn't agree with me but GOG's sale was superior in every way ! :)