It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: O_O
Accatone: I just can't believe it! How can this be even possible?? I guess Kickstarters who pledged on the game would be really angry when they see their game on IG.
Why? KS is patronage, nothing else. If you can not live with this, then you should not use KS and rather wait to buy when a game is ready for sale.
Let the Indiegala vs Bundle Stars war begin:

Bundle Star - Mighty Big Bundle

$1.99:

- Hidden Object Bundle 4 in 1
- Meridian: Age of Invention
- Goblin Defenders: Steel‘n’ Wood
- Rescue Team 5
- Garden Rescue: Christmas Edition
- Top Trumps Turbo
- 12 Labours of Hercules
- 12 Labours of Hercules II: The Cretan Bull
- 12 Labours of Hercules III: Girl Power
- Cave Coaster
- Cheesecake Cool Conrad
- Feel-A-Maze
- Dream Tale
- Fruits Inc. Deluxe Pack
Post edited January 04, 2016 by siulebuo
amok: Why?
Entitlement and an inability to grasp those facts I would guess.
Gamesplanet Bethesda Sale

Fallout: New Vegas - 1,75€
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - 3,40€
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition - 3,40€
Rage - 2,49€
DOOM 3: BFG Edition - 2,49€
Accatone: I just can't believe it! How can this be even possible?? I guess Kickstarters who pledged on the game would be really angry when they see their game on IG.
amok: Why? KS is patronage, nothing else. If you can not live with this, then you should not use KS and rather wait to buy when a game is ready for sale.
Well, first of all you want your game be successful no matter how much money you invested on it through KS. And when you see the game on giveaways, on cheap bundles you start to worry about if the project is on its course, if it needs more money to be completed. And I think these giveaways and bundles also devalue the game since it is not even released yet. And when it is finally released, I don't think many people will pay full price, and it will damage the sales of the game and the possibility of any Descent game sequel. That's why I'm surprised, and worried. As a Descent games fan, I want the game be successful.

By the way, the developer says that they included the game in the bundle (and in the AlienWare giveaway) for charity reasons!! I just don't get it. They have also locked the thread on Steam about the IG sale due to the backlash. Not a very good sign. Here is their statement about IG bundle:

"Guys this is a promotional CHARITY deal they get some keys from us - and what they do with them, is up to them. We have no control - but it won't be that price here - ever. :)

We make like $0 on these, but the charities benefit - seems like a good thing to do around the holidays.

Same with AlienWare - they bought a bunch of keys, and as a promotional deal they gave them away, they can do it again, as the keys they bought were not all in the first give away.

The games discounts will be less and less over time, right now, as it is early and we are building up concurrency sometimes you get a bargain, we think rewarding folks for their trust early is the way to go.

If you get a great deal - good for you! But the game will be going up in price the further along it gets.

And again, they approached us, as it was for CHARITY purposes that we decided to participate."
Post edited January 04, 2016 by Accatone
Accatone: "Guys this is a promotional CHARITY deal they get some keys from us - and what they do with them, is up to them. We have no control - but it won't be that price here - ever. :)
charity = provide free keys do a vendor so they can make money...

This is bullshit.
Hmmm, good thing I decided against pledging then.
Especially since I did just buy the IG bundle.

Well, we'll see if they actually manage to put out a decent game.
From the steam forums:
Not sure how we can fix that, when we do a deal because it is for charity - and Gala tells us it is for charity - direct quote from their deal with us:

"30% to INDIEGALA s.r.l. / charity & causes"

We would not do a deal that low unless it was for a greater good.

I guess we are leaning as we go as well - probably won't be the last mistake we make - but we will try to learn as we go along.

WM
They really thought that Indie Gala does the same thing like Humble and is donating (part of) the revenue to charity. But this is not a charity bundle and the quote is just the usual 30% for the store deal. Big mistake!
Getcomposted: Well, we'll see if they actually manage to put out a descent game.
Fixed.
Rincewind81: From the steam forums:

Not sure how we can fix that, when we do a deal because it is for charity - and Gala tells us it is for charity - direct quote from their deal with us:

"30% to INDIEGALA s.r.l. / charity & causes"

We would not do a deal that low unless it was for a greater good.

I guess we are leaning as we go as well - probably won't be the last mistake we make - but we will try to learn as we go along.

WM
Rincewind81: They really thought that Indie Gala does the same thing like Humble and is donating (part of) the revenue to charity. But this is not a charity bundle and the quote is just the usual 30% for the store deal. Big mistake!
A big mistake indeed! :( I hope that they will not make any big dumb mistakes in the development of the game.
Getcomposted: Well, we'll see if they actually manage to put out a descent game.
Grargar: Fixed.
Nice one! :)
Post edited January 04, 2016 by Accatone
I'm considering getting the English version of Oblivion GOTY, but I've never used Gamesplanet before; are they alright or somewhat fishy in how they get their keys? Do they accept Paypal? Do they ask for personal data from users?

And is the GOTY Deluxe version of Oblivion actually worth getting over the GOTY version?
siulebuo: Let the Indiegala vs Bundle Stars war begin:

Bundle Star - Mighty Big Bundle

$1.99:

- Hidden Object Bundle 4 in 1
PSA (? did I use that right?)
These guys are a bit sneaky with these "bundles". They are packaged in such a way that Steam only recognises it as a single game. The sneaky part is all the games IN the game are also sold separately on steam as well. So you just may own these games already, but steam does know and therefor will not tag it as owned. If you are not careful you just may end up buying these games twice.
Leroux: I'm considering getting the English version of Oblivion GOTY, but I've never used Gamesplanet before; are they alright or somewhat fishy in how they get their keys? Do they accept Paypal? Do they ask for personal data from users?

And is the GOTY Deluxe version of Oblivion actually worth getting over the GOTY version?
Gamesplanet is a legitimate seller (Metaboli) and they accept Paypal. They ask for the usual stuff. Email and Username for an account - or you can use social logins.
Leroux: I'm considering getting the English version of Oblivion GOTY, but I've never used Gamesplanet before; are they alright or somewhat fishy in how they get their keys? Do they accept Paypal? Do they ask for personal data from users?

Rincewind81: Gamesplanet is a legitimate seller (Metaboli) and they accept Paypal. They ask for the usual stuff. Email and Username for an account - or you can use social logins.
Thanks!
Leroux: And is the GOTY Deluxe version of Oblivion actually worth getting over the GOTY version?
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition include Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe include Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles and Fighter's Stronghold, Spell Tome Treasures, Vile Lair, Mehrune's Razor, The Thieves Den, Wizard's Tower, Orrery and Horse Armor Pack. Only in english.
Post edited January 04, 2016 by siulebuo