It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tarnicus: Amazon have finally taken it one step further(besides regionally restricted codes) to block international digital purchases from their US store. It took them long enough!! :P This could be circumvented but I'm calling it quits with them after 130 or so purchases.

"Hello,

We cannot complete this order because you must use a U.S. billing address and a credit or debit card issued by a U.S. bank to buy a game or software download on Amazon.com.

Amazon Games and Software Downloads are available for purchase and download only within the United States and its territories and possessions. To learn more about purchasing these items, search “Buy a Game or Software Download” in the Help section of Amazon.com.

If you believe that we have canceled your order in error, please reply to this email and let us know"
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHYYYYYYY??? Amazon.uk screw us with delivery payment and now Amazon.com screw us with this restriction? Sigh...
Cyraxpt: Amazon.uk screw us with delivery payment
...and they still dont pay tax here either
I don't know if this was posted before, but there's a BioShock Triple Pack including 1, 2, and Infinite at 80% off right now ($12 USD for all 3 games) at Steam. 13 hours left as of this posting.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/36223/

I haven't tried a AAA fps title since... maybe Doom 3? I thought this might be a good opportunity to get caught up on what fps are like these days.
Post edited October 31, 2014 by the.kuribo
Tarnicus: Amazon have finally taken it one step further(besides regionally restricted codes) to block international digital purchases from their US store. It took them long enough!! :P This could be circumvented but I'm calling it quits with them after 130 or so purchases.

"Hello,

We cannot complete this order because you must use a U.S. billing address and a credit or debit card issued by a U.S. bank to buy a game or software download on Amazon.com.

Amazon Games and Software Downloads are available for purchase and download only within the United States and its territories and possessions. To learn more about purchasing these items, search “Buy a Game or Software Download” in the Help section of Amazon.com.

If you believe that we have canceled your order in error, please reply to this email and let us know"
Thanks for the heads up. Hadnt bought anything from them for a longtime - and lets be honest, there past few sales have been pretty..... ordinary..:)

For clarification does this only apply to games that arent meant for Australia?. Or *all* digital purchases including eBooks and apps?
Post edited October 31, 2014 by Niggles
Niggles: Thanks for the heads up. Hadnt bought anything from them for a longtime - and lets be honest, there past few sales have been pretty..... ordinary..:)

For clarification does this only apply to games that arent meant for Australia?. Or *all* digital purchases including eBooks and apps?
I don't purchase eBooks or apps from Amazon, so I can't say, other than I assume that it does. Most likely they have smartened up and have their shopping cart system detect non-US credit card numbers. I have successfully purchased NA region-locked codes before and given them as gifts to others, so this is a change in Amazon's system in the last month or so. It has detected that my CC is from Australia as my er US address (McDonalds) used to get me by just fine.
Niggles: Thanks for the heads up. Hadnt bought anything from them for a longtime - and lets be honest, there past few sales have been pretty..... ordinary..:)

Tarnicus: I don't purchase eBooks or apps from Amazon, so I can't say, other than I assume that it does. Most likely they have smartened up and have their shopping cart system detect non-US credit card numbers. I have successfully purchased NA region-locked codes before and given them as gifts to others, so this is a change in Amazon's system in the last month or so. It has detected that my CC is from Australia as my er US address (McDonalds) used to get me by just fine.
Maybe you could use a fake US address (preferably in Alaska) to bypass the restriction for digital order ? Or if you use paypal instead of your credit card, it may works !
I never use amazon US or UK for digital purchases because I'm always afraid of a region-locked code :(
Post edited October 31, 2014 by MaxFulvus

Tarnicus: I don't purchase eBooks or apps from Amazon, so I can't say, other than I assume that it does. Most likely they have smartened up and have their shopping cart system detect non-US credit card numbers. I have successfully purchased NA region-locked codes before and given them as gifts to others, so this is a change in Amazon's system in the last month or so. It has detected that my CC is from Australia as my er US address (McDonalds) used to get me by just fine.
They already were smart enough to detect this. You could not access music&movies if you where not from the US. I tried. They just didn't implement this check for games and ebooks. While I'm sad I can't buy games from them anymore, I still hope I'll be able to buy ebooks. As a kindle owner I kinda need that store to work.

"Hello,

I wonder how much money they will lose from lost purchases from this move?
CaveExpress is free on Desura for the next 11h30m.
the.kuribo: I don't know if this was posted before, but there's a BioShock Triple Pack including 1, 2, and Infinite at 80% off right now ($12 USD for all 3 games) at Steam. 13 hours left as of this posting.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/36223/

I haven't tried a AAA fps title since... maybe Doom 3? I thought this might be a good opportunity to get caught up on what fps are like these days.
besides the Half Life or Boderlands Series it does not get any better than this, IMHO.
Post edited October 31, 2014 by dyscode
penumbren: Another one is Eldritch, on sale for $1.94.
Highly recommended. Don't let the graphics fool you, it's deep and hard.
Free app of the day on Amazon is World of Goo http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009MCRHH6/ref=mas_ty
Tannath: CaveExpress is free on Desura for the next 11h30m.
If you happen to miss it - don't worry, As it keeps going into free, I guess it won't be the last time.
penumbren: Another one is Eldritch, on sale for $1.94.
IAmSinistar: Highly recommended. Don't let the graphics fool you, it's deep and hard.
Where was it you saw it DRM-Free on sale, at that one time?
Oathe: Free app of the day on Amazon is World of Goo http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009MCRHH6/ref=mas_ty
Actually part of a whole weekend of free apps http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_sap_mas_14_10_30_BB_Oct_Bundle?ie=UTF8&node=10221878011
I guess tomorrow (and maybe the next day too) will still be one of those
Post edited October 31, 2014 by BlackThorny
Tannath: CaveExpress is free on Desura for the next 11h30m.
BlackThorny: If you happen to miss it - don't worry, As it keeps going into free, I guess it won't be the last time.
Lol, I didn't know that.
And everything Painkiller is -90% at GG also - http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/games?prio=relevance&q=killerspecial