It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Drakhyrr: Is greenlight even alive?

The last batch was August 1st.
I've been wondering about that myself, given that the Greenlight process will be closing at some stage (there's a quote out there somewhere officially about that).
I am happy with the current groupees build a greenlight bundle. The majority of the games look interesting to me. : )
With regards to steam keys, I view them as a possible bonus but am not overly concerned about whether or not I get one.
Tarnicus: South Park: Stick of Truth on Humble Bundle for 25%(?) off. I say ? as the game is regionally priced and it appears that Matt and Trey have F'd me in the A. I can already envision an episode of South Park taking the piss out of regional pricing...on their own game. Maybe I'll write to them...

*starts scribbling notes*

Edit: Silly me. I didn't realise that the most likely reason for paying more was due to getting the Special Edition AKA "Germany, Austria, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan will receive low violence versions of South Park The Stick of Truth."
But you get extra jokes about censorship.
Tarnicus: I've been wondering about that myself, given that the Greenlight process will be closing at some stage (there's a quote out there somewhere officially about that).
Huh, somehow I missed that news. Was there a statement more recent than this?
https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/423514948182884352
Cyraxpt: I'm curious, you guys that are buying those greenlight bundles, do you care if they're greenlit or you're just looking for the drm free version that groupees gives you? I'm asking this because from the latest BaGB that i've bought, most of them weren't greenlit yet and perhaps half of them won't ever be...
Niggles: Steam fans will get them for greenlit business. GOG/drm free fans will get them for their drm free status ...
... and because of cheap.
quite some games in the bundle for $1-2 whatever are later $5 to $15 elsewehere with or without DRM.
Post edited November 09, 2014 by dyscode
trusteft: Oh I know, and I understand Steam for doing this in this case. It is the right thing to do. But that's besides the point. The fact is they can, at will, remove any game from your account. There is nothing you can do about it. It's like going inside your house and taking the disc. You can no longer play it.

Fuck drm.
Ragnarblackmane: Once more, no. It's not Steam doing this but Gamersgate, the webstore.
Is there already a list which games are affected?
dyscode: Is there already a list which games are affected?
We're talking about a single game (Warlock 2) which appeared as free in the store without any promotion that said it was free. It was obviously a glitch and Gamersgate said the next day that they keys would be revoked.

All the affected got their money back.
:-)
Post edited November 09, 2014 by madth3
Niggles: Steam fans will get them for greenlit business. GOG/drm free fans will get them for their drm free status ...
dyscode: ... and because of cheap.
quite some games in the bundle for $1-2 whatever are later $5 to $15 elsewehere with or without DRM.
forgot about the cheapass factor LOL
Grargar: Build a Greenlight 13 is now live! Select 2 games out of 8 for a minimum of $1. The games are:

Royal Bounty HD (Humble)
Vol'Talkes - The AI War
O3DX
Pig Eat Ball
Battletank: L.O.B.A. (Desura)
Unraveled
Dungeon Nightmares II
The Depths of Tolagal

1st bonus is Hypership Out of Control unlocked at 2500 bundles.
Hey, there are some really interesting looking games in this one. What's going on over at Groupees? ;)
VODO has a SciFi Text Adventure called The Terror Aboard The Speedwell
for $1.25, -50% for one more day.

*A 50K word branching sci-fi horror story with 60 endings.
*A choice between two protagonists, each with their own unique dialogue and options.
Post edited November 09, 2014 by dyscode
GamersGate Daily Deal: Far Cry -75%. Far Cry 1+2 use Tagés, while Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon require a Uplay account.
Tarnicus: I've been wondering about that myself, given that the Greenlight process will be closing at some stage (there's a quote out there somewhere officially about that).
pablodusk: Huh, somehow I missed that news. Was there a statement more recent than this?
https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/423514948182884352
I thought there was, as I remember reading something a little more in-depth, but I can neither find it(after a quick search) nor remember the specifics.
dyscode: ... and because of cheap.
^^ this :)
Post edited November 09, 2014 by Tarnicus
<span class="bold"><i>Flix The Flea</i></span> is the DailyIndieGame

$0.99 for 1 Desura key, BTA for two keys
(The game is also on Steam Greenlight)
Last chance to get the Halloween PI Bundle (Min 1$) Der Professor | Spooky Range | Dark adventure | (Average) Wooden Floor | Motte Island | Chernobyl Underground | Aspectus: Rinascimento Chronicles | (3.99$) Bloody Streets

http://playinjector.com/
GamersGate deals.

Bastion (DRM-Free) daily -75%/€3.50

Tower Defense week. Everything is -75% off, except for Towers of Altrac which is -50% off. Almost all the games are DRM-Free, except for the Creeper World games, which use an offline serial. If you buy Creeper World 3, you can also get a Steam key for it by visiting this page.

Ether One (Steam) midweek -75%/€4.75. No deluxe version available.

Exclusive sports midweek -75%. Out of the Park Baseball 15 requires a Steam account, while Franchise Hockey Manager has "Other DRM".

Ubisoft week. Discounts vary from 15% to 85% off. For 2 days, Trials Fusion will be at -50%, while Watch Dogs will be at -40%. The DRM varies, with some games requiring a Steam account, others Uplay and others Tagés, while only two games are DRM-Free; Prince of Persia 2008 (Mac) and King Kong.
Post edited November 10, 2014 by Grargar